Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2004, 16:16   #1
I am Banned

Stanley 1-0 Canvey

Great result and another 3 points for the stanley.

Whats everyones thoughts on the game?
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2004, 17:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley 1-0 Canvey

A truncated match report is now on the official site. The reason it's truncated is mainly due to the lack of things to talk about.
Old 27-11-2004, 19:01   #3
Senior Member+

yeah glad we won

nice to see rory fit again eh cammy
Old 28-11-2004, 12:09   #4

good result bit not a game to rave about. Nice to see Rory back and the new keeper seems to have a safe pair of hands. liked the spirit of Canveys keeper, nice to see a bit of banter with the fans. Are Canvey's management team in weightwatchers??
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 13:39   #5
Senior Member+

Yeh I agree with you fettler in saying the game was nothing to rave about, it was a quite poor and boring game but still we took maximum points away which is the main thing.

Don't know if others agree with me though in saying Robbie Williams was fantastic AGAIN yesterday!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 13:55   #6
I am Banned

ye he did play well today rocky
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 16:46   #7
Senior Member+

Must agree there Smiffy..

From a few games ago when myself and others I'm sure thought Rocky was very poor. Now I can see why so many people in managment positions rate him so highly he has played FANTASTIC recently

Credit to Mr Coleman for sticking by his guns and not listening to us whingers
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 16:47   #8

Yes he has palyed well but its just wether he keeps it up and doesnt sit back and relax now he has got his first team place back
Old 28-11-2004, 16:51   #9

I thought Robbie Williams played well again. Like others on the site thought the game was a bad one but it was important that we won (especially that Carlisle lost!). Mr Coleman seems to have settled with the back four and midfield, although I thought Jags got stuck in when he got on. I would like to see him play a game instead of Ged Brannan. Also Paul Howarth instead of Cavanagh (give him a rest...).
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 20:19   #10
Senior Member+

You cannot be serious Rossendale Red. Ged Brannan is the best midfielder in the team and complements players like Steve Jagielka et al. I personally think Smithy should be playing in defence instead of Butler. As for Crichton, the jury is still out. Nice to see Rory back, but looked a little short on the fitness front, but that will come. See he is still a marked man though. The above are my own personal opinion, but I think you might find quite a few Brannan fans on this site, the man has been a revelation since he signed and always gives his all and more so when he scores goals as well.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 10:44   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Ged Brannan is the best midfielder in the team.
he had a stinker yesterday and hasnt had a good game in ages, to be honest the team is no better now than it was in unibond league the only player we have made a reasonable replacement for was shirley, prendergast adequatley does the job, brannan is no kind of replacement for marsh, crichton is nothing on jamie speare, lutel gone, nobody can top him, although McEvilly does alright, infact the only good signing at stanley since rory would be flynn, he does alright
Old 29-11-2004, 11:48   #12
Resting in Peace

Outback Ossy, I can't believe your post. I think ged Brannan is " carried" by Proctor in midfield. He NEVER goes in solidly and his distribution is generally poor. Granted he runs aroud a lot, but never to any good purpose. How he ever gets Coley's man of the match is quite beyond me and my mate who never agrees with me on anything, apart from this! Rossendale Red is spot on both on Brannon and Cavanagh/ Howarth. Jaggers made more impact in his first 10 minutes than Ged did all afternoon
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 15:49   #13
Senior Member+

100% agree with you ozzy about Ged he's been a fantastic signing and in my opinion like yours I feel he is our best midfielder and he is the anchor man in our midfield. He is a much better player than Jaggers and therefore his name would be one of them that I would choose on the team sheet everyweek.

But the only downside to his performances is that he's scoring a lot of goals which is costing me so much money, get Evil on the pens not Ged hehehehe
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 16:50   #14

We did come away with three points
and accrington should well be on there way to the playoffs
or maybe conference winners
Old 29-11-2004, 17:27   #15
Senior Member+

Ged gets stuck in and gets up for headers, might ruin jaggers hair I dont think jaggers is making the impact he did pre-season and he'll have to impress a lot more when he comes on as a sub thatn he is doing now to get a game.

I wont even get started on knowthescores post.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..