Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-11-2004, 17:23   #1

Stanley Management

I, like a lot of people have thought things were going "pear shaped" at Stanley. I have to hold my hand up and say there is a lot more to managing a Conference team than meets the eye. Coley has got a good football brain and has enough sense to see there is no quick fix. I also think the players need a little more support when things are not going as well as we would like.... confidence is a strange thing, too little and you make mistakes, too much and you can look a complete wally. I know Stanley can be a great little club, its got all the ingredients, a sound manager, good coaches, a terrific ground with potential for the future and Eric Whalley who is nobodies fool, the support aint bad either! Keep plugging away and who knows, this season could be better than last.
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-11-2004, 21:09   #2

Re: Stanley Management

Good post, fettler. I, like anyone else with Stanley in their veins, resent the dropping of a single point. But, hey, this is the real world and in only our second season in a league now little different from the one above, we are doing amazingly well. Top half of the table would still be a great season.A lot of players are growing with the club too and don't deserve the stick some posters like to dish out without too much thought.
I get sickened by the rapid ousting of Managers for failing to attain what are nearly always totally unrealistic targets. John Coleman gave up a stable career in the teaching profession to guide our team - don't know what contract he's got but would like to think that it's a minimum 5 or 6 years - and if he hangs around as long as the chap at Crewe ( Dario Gradi is it ?), then brilliant as far as I'm concerned.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 22:19   #3
Senior Member+

A sensible thread, whatever next.............

I still remember thinking we'd be 17th in our first season & the jump to conference level would be HUGE

Well Done Fans, Management, Chairman, employees etc etc

We have a club to be proud of again not "giggled" at! Come on Stanley

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 23:15   #4
Senior Member+

Whilst I agree, J.C. knows more about the football side than most fans, when things go wrong, then they can expect stick and when things go right, they get the praise they deserve. For me the Juries still out. I still cannot see how we managed to lose 3-2 against 10 men at Oldham, but if you look at the current top 5, we can hold our own against any team on the day. Lets see how we are doing at the end of the season and hope that our rocky patch is now over. Plus I still do not like 4-5-1 at home. give me 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 especially against so called weaker teams.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2004, 16:33   #5

Yeah realy good post i think thing are looking up for stanley

But before i get my head bit off i would still like to say sorry for what ive said in the past about stanleys management team and now would like to congradulate them on getting through the sticky patch and hopefully staying away from anymore

Rocky and flickers seem to have improved full tilt and evil is looking fitter and sharper than when he first arrived Rory is on his way back and Mully is scoring again!!! what a few weeks its been from the deep depths of septemeber to the Good days of november and hopefully beyond

I and i think many other stanley fans have seen the light to take us back to where we belong----- the football legue

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..