Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2004, 13:09   #1
rob

stanley forum

our messageboard on the whole is great, however there have been more and more comments recently with 'insider information' or statements about things that someone has been told etc... just a couple of examples from the last day or so, both of which are absolute nonsense :-) :

"to be fair i dont think we can afford anything on gate money considering this seasons budget is relying on 2000 a game and were not getting that."

"i was told that if howson played more than eight games his wages would be increased as he was the lowest payed at the club."

no problems with these appearing on here, but this is just a reminder to everyone not to believe everything they read or hear :-)

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2004, 13:24   #2
Super Moderator

Re: stanley forum

Glad to hear it, Rob (especially concerning the first staement)! Although it probably won't stop me whinging about gates...
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 13:32   #3
rob

it won't stop us whinging about gates either :-) the more the merrier!
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 13:43   #4

Glad to hear
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 13:47   #5
Senior Member+

Good to see the club responding to some of the drivel thats been on the forum recently we seem to have more insiders then buckingham palace. Although I did hear the other day that a .............................................

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 14:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Good to see the club responding to some of the drivel thats been on the forum recently we seem to have more insiders then buckingham palace. Although I did hear the other day that a .............................................
Kev didnt tell you did he?
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 20:42   #7
I am Banned

Glad the second one isn't true. If he had been shipped out because we didn't want to pay more wages then it would have been extremely stupid!

Also, glad the first one isnt true too as we'd be having trouble financially if this was true. I dont think anyone will stop conplaining about the gates. we couldn't even get a good croud in fopr a tv game
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 07:38   #8

Exclamation Re: stanley forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
our messageboard on the whole is great, however there have been more and more comments recently with 'insider information' or statements about things that someone has been told etc... just a couple of examples from the last day or so, both of which are absolute nonsense :-) :

"to be fair i dont think we can afford anything on gate money considering this seasons budget is relying on 2000 a game and were not getting that."

"i was told that if howson played more than eight games his wages would be increased as he was the lowest payed at the club."

no problems with these appearing on here, but this is just a reminder to everyone not to believe everything they read or hear :-)

rob
I cant believe you had to post that Rob.. I suppose some people on here WOULD need telling that the content of half the forum posts now are utter bilge (probably the ones posting it....) whereas its common sense to ignore it for most people...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 19-10-2004 at 07:41.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 07:53   #9
Full Member+

Well said Jimbo. I notice our old friend Henry Morton has made a similar point in another thread about the drivel posters who come on here. The trouble is, he's used long words like "metaphorically", "antipathy" and "oblivion", so there's no way they'll understand what he's on about - their standards being the likes of "croud", "goin" and "cumin" (a pleasant spice!). I'm afraid this forum seems now to have been largely taken over by the Kindergarten brigade and seems to be going the way of the much-lamented old official forum. An idea.... why don't they all go off to Accything dot com and stay there? At least they'll all understand each other and can post bilge to their hearts' content!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 09:32   #10
Super Moderator

Smile Re: stanley forum

Alright, alright, I admit it, I'm gullible. However, the "2,000 gates to break even" rumour is one I've heard a few times (including on the tube travelling back from Dagenham from a Stanley fan I bumped into). Anyway, I'm very glad that Rob's rubbished that particular myth and I promise to be more sceptical when I hear rumours in future. Sorry, chaps!

Won't stop me grumbling about attendances, though...
Old 19-10-2004, 10:14   #11
Senior Member+

If you click on a person's avitar the next page offer you the option to either place this person on your buddy list OR your IGNORE list When a person is on ignore it still show's they have posted but with no more.

On my ignore list is, Accystankev, Princesshales, knowthescore, K3mpy, Confused, Dr.d.

Have I missed any??????

Worth a try
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 10:46   #12

You missed Shurm hehehehehehe
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 12:17   #13

Wink Re: stanley forum

Wynonie, the point about low attendance is a good and valid one - keep grumbling! Half the crap on here is both pointless and factless at the moment - thats the stuff we need to ignore...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2004, 12:41   #14
Super Moderator

Couldn't agree more, Jimbo, but the more dim-witted posters tend to get fed up and move on to a new fad after awhile. Jon Tickle for example!
Old 19-10-2004, 17:37   #15
Senior Member+

how about to keep everyone happy why dont all the people that type in there own language go on the footy mad website therefore accystankev will be happy and we will be happy

well i tried

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..