Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2006, 22:31   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Stanley to break China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
OK, Mr K, point taken. You must admit it looks quite impressive though...but what did you mean, it's a Burnley fan?
OK, I get the picture now, as I've got round to reading the "about us" bit at last! Surely, if this geezer has lived in Hong Kong for the last 21 years, he must understand the Asian market?
Old 22-12-2006, 22:33   #17
God Member

you would think so yes.... are you leading up to a point that makes out the site is now chinese specific?
Old 22-12-2006, 22:40   #18
Super Moderator

Not really...just observing that this bloke may well have an understanding of the Chinese market and that he must think the site will go some way towards expanding our fan base. It might fall flat on its face, who knows? But it just seems a welcome development to me.
Old 22-12-2006, 22:47   #19
God Member

and me and everyone else.. why the "but?" ... you seem to be looking for somehting to argue about... everyone including me has said it looks great and its good for the club... no one is arguing wiht you....
Old 22-12-2006, 22:54   #20
Super Moderator

Of course I'm looking for something to argue about! I discovered about an hour ago that there are no trains or buses on Boxing Day and I'm as mad as hell! As for the StanleyAsia site, I agree with you!
Old 22-12-2006, 23:00   #21
God Member

haha... your old enough to know there NEVER is on boxing day... must be fun for 1,400 bury fans though
Old 22-12-2006, 23:14   #22
Super Moderator

I'm sure there used to be trains on Boxing Day...or maybe it's the Alzheimer's kicking in. Almost makes me feel like taking up driving again. Maybe I can get a lift off a Bury fan!!
Old 23-12-2006, 00:35   #23
Member.

If this is the opening shot then I feel we have something to look foreword too. The man’s a dingle supporter so what? So long as he works in the favour of the club he man can make all the mistakes he likes.

I hope both sides work together in promoting the Name of Accrington Stanley irrespective of what bloody language it’s written in. I also think we have to keep in mind the number of British Companies working in China and the rest of Asia, not least those from East Lancashire who work with the local populace promoting the best of English Club Football and not least Accrington Stanley.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 05:53   #24
God Member

doug.. what mistakes as he made ? i wasnt aware of any... give him some feedback if ya found some then he can fix.
Old 23-12-2006, 06:09   #25
God Member

Quote:
I also think we have to keep in mind the number of British Companies working in China and the rest of Asia, not least those from East Lancashire who work with the local populace promoting the best of English Club Football and not least Accrington Stanley.
go on then doug... and how exactly does this website differ to the fishy one or any other stanley site to help the chinese... not what might happen in the future.... right now!... sorry to labour the point but people keep coming up wiht the same pointless argument....all your points are valid if the site was in chinese... how do you know that website is in asia and not in wigan?

did you all know the fishy site is in america... so have we cracked the america market.. how is the fishy site helping americans more than uk

also theres other accy websites out there.. why arnt you all giving them as much support?

The internet isn't country specific.... the only way it becomes country specific is if written in chinese.. you need to understand the concept of the web..remember chinese people can see the fishy site.. the vitalfootball site.. the bbc site, the rivlas site and any other stanley site...

again.. NOT knocking the site and all for it... just find it incredible the amount of poeple thinking its for the chinese.... I hope it is going to be translated to chinese and maybe the prototype is in english... but theres nothing to say it is on site... and for anyone in doubt... i have been aware of this for sometime and already given my support with photographs.. so lets not get mixed up here... dont confuse my lack of gullability on the chinese matter with not supporting the site
Old 23-12-2006, 08:28   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
haha... your old enough to know there NEVER is on boxing day... must be fun for 1,400 bury fans though
The train service from Bury to Accy was withdrawn on 5th December 1966.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2006, 10:25   #27
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
doug.. what mistakes as he made ? i wasnt aware of any... give him some feedback if ya found some then he can fix.

He’s a Burnley Fan = Mistake. Get it……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 23-12-2006, 10:33   #28
Member.

I think the point I was making was it’s a nice looking site that has a bit of visual impact, obviously it is still under construction, so if it is developed further is will be a nice site. I fully understand you point Mr K. (Have a good and prosperous day at Bristol by the way) but this is a site that by the looks of wishes to compete in the open market for the attention of fans and if it stimulates growth and development of our own site all well and good.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-12-2006, 10:57   #29
Senior Member+

We've made it on the BBC gossip column...

right at the bottom...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6216023.stm
Old 29-12-2006, 15:24   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zayno14 View Post
We've made it on the BBC gossip column...

right at the bottom...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6216023.stm
and just a little above it is:
Coventry may have to register goalkeeping coach Andy Dibble as a player with Andy Marshall and Luke Steele both injured. (The Sun)
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..