Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2010, 22:20   #61
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Stanley v Rotherham match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
When's Grant due back so Symes can have a well deserved rest?
Talked to Bobby tonight he said hes aiming for this saturday home game to in is words if he gets picked to play
Old 16-03-2010, 22:20   #62

Paul Mullin's got a bit of height

I agree Cashman but still think they should give Symes a week off to help with our play-off push. I personally would have Grant on the left and Turner on the right.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 22:48   #63
God Member

Smile Re: Stanley v Rotherham match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
So the Stanley juggernaut rolls on. What a marvellous win, with Stanley absolutely battering Rotherham in the first half, then defending like heroes when the inevitable reaction came from the opposition in the second half. Bouzanis was outstanding in goal but every man jack in the team played out of his skin to claim a richly deserved 3 points. I was worried when Joyce missed the first of his 2 gilt edged chances at 1-0, and United went straight down the other end to equalise, although it seemed like Ryan was fouled in the build up. Another bad moment when Stanley's defence stopped playing at the linesman's flag for offside for their disallowed goal, but this time the opposition pressuring the ref didn't work! Fantastic run and delivery from Winnard for Jimmy's winner and the Clayton End cranked up the volume even more than their match long racket. Brilliant night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer my money the best 90 min performance at the crown this season, and to compliment that a very good referee, rotherham were a good side no doubt, Boozer n Kee are "MUSTS" to stay in the side IMHO. thought Symes had a off night, yet still scored. More of the same please.
Both spot on posts I feel, came away tonight, having enjoyed a great game of footy, that was not spoiled by the officials and one we won deservedly!!!

P.S. Nice to meet up with you Redraine

P.P.S. Good to see you back Cashy

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 22:53   #64
God Member

What a massive win. Well done reds. Tuesday night footy is ace.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 22:57   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I feel, came away tonight, having enjoyed a great game of footy, that was not spoiled by the officials and one we won deservedly!!!
I have to say this post is also spot on, I too felt I had watched a thrilling game which see-sawed either way in the second half, only spoiled by some whinging and whining by Rotherham players, especially when the goal was disallowed. The liner had his flag up for offside as soon as the ball was kicked, just because it came off 2 Stanley players does not put them onside. Thank goodness for a strong referee. He officiated really well tonight. Can we have him back at the Crown please, not card or whistle happy, tried to play advantage on a few occasions, but brought the ball back for the original foul when the side looked to be loosing the ball within a few seconds. Really pleased for the team and the management.
Oh - one other little thing that disappointed me, Eric Whalley in the Presidents lounge with his son and family.
The whole family should be told to stay away permanently!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 23:11   #66
God Member

Thought Jimmy Ryan deserved man of the match by a country mile tonight. Though it seems like ages since we haven't given away a penalty/OG so for one of the centre halves to get it is probably fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think they should play all 3 mate, grant n kee have no height.
Kee may not have height but for a shorty he's brill in the air as shown tonight. He's often better than Symes in that respect.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 23:13   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Oh - one other little thing that disappointed me, Eric Whalley in the Presidents lounge with his son and family.
The whole family should be told to stay away permanently!!!
Why? Without Eric's input we may still be playing Unibond football. Yes, he run outof cash & yes he buried his head in the sand.....

But he is hardly a criminal.............
He certainly put in more of his own money than me or you

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 23:30   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Why? Without Eric's input we may still be playing Unibond football. Yes, he run outof cash & yes he buried his head in the sand.....

But he is hardly a criminal.............
He certainly put in more of his own money than me or you
the presidents lounge is hardly a place were that man should be, a paying spectator then sod all anyone can say about that.
Old 16-03-2010, 23:45   #69
Senior Member+

I will just reiterate, not argue, despite his flaws, the man & his family have done MORE than you & me for this club. We move on to another chapter in our history, but Eric has his own 10 chapters ............

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 02:45   #70

GET IN!!! 1 step closer to the playoffs! C'mon Stanley!

Gutted i couldn't go last night, noone would go and I was called into work (just finished) and as soon as I got online I had to check the Stanley result, buzzing. 2 points from Playoff spot with 2 games in hand... Ohhhh Stanley we love youuu!

See you in the semi finals home leg and finals at Wembley !
lukeogtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 02:48   #71
Junior Member+

Good to see Boozer have a good game. Coley will now face a difficult decision, does he recall Bavs who really hasn't done a bad job since his return from injury or does he stay with Boozer who has been exceptional in the last one and a half games and maintain a winning team? My guess is he retains Boozer? What do you lads think?
redder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 04:47   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redder View Post
Good to see Boozer have a good game. Coley will now face a difficult decision, does he recall Bavs who really hasn't done a bad job since his return from injury or does he stay with Boozer who has been exceptional in the last one and a half games and maintain a winning team? My guess is he retains Boozer? What do you lads think?
I do not dislike Bavs, but I do think that Bouzer gives us more!!!

Old 17-03-2010, 04:53   #73
God Member

On a seperate note tonight, I thought that the atmos was FANtastic! Jase I know you always give it "It was not just The Ultras!" but you and the lads were totally brilliant tonight!!! The first half was non-stop and the last 15 mins pistols re-make was AWESOME!!!! I thought that was a huge factor towards the lads sealing the win - top marks Jase and great lyrics to the pistols song!!!!! Bring on Saturday.

Old 17-03-2010, 05:28   #74
God Member

I strangely thought the atmosphere went missing second half with Jedward sounding songs

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2010, 06:55   #75

Really chuffed for you lot after a great win last night. Obviously it does us a favour but its not just that.

It would be great to see you get into those play offs after the season you have had and what chances a Bury V Accy Wembley final?
carlmason is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..