Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 3 Post By monkey hanger
  • 3 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 3 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 1 Post By smudgie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2017, 20:45   #1
I am Banned

Stevenage

Stevenage: Chairman Phil Wallace urges council to act over ground development - BBC Sport

Complaining as usual, thats what you get with southern councils
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2017, 08:11   #2
God Member

Re: Stevenage

for once in my life i,m on the side of a council.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 08:22   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
for once in my life i,m on the side of a council.
I could not disagree more with your statement MH. Yes funds are scarce, but at the end of the day the land and buildings on the that land are owned by the council and they have a duty of care to make the facilities 'Fit for purpose' as well as complying with various rules and regulations. The club has funding available for upgrading the stand and are asking the council for a one third commitment. Much as I do not like the club because they seem to have a hoodoo over the Stanley, equally I would not like them to shut up shop (the statement by the chairman to do this is utterly abhorrent, it is a direct threat to the council). Whilst this is only MY opinion and I fully expect others to say I am wrong on this, maybe as Stanley fans we are lucky in the ownership of our proud little club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 08:53   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
equally I would not like them to shut up shop (the statement by the chairman to do this is utterly abhorrent, it is a direct threat to the council).
just another threat that will never happen. a child who,s stamping his feet if he doesn,t get his own way. don,t want any club to fold but if there has to be one please let it be them.
AccyMad, baldy and maccawozzagod like this.

Last edited by Neil; 28-02-2017 at 10:23. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 08:55   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nothing at all to do wi any hoodoo they have on us, they way they play, the scum that run the club etc, its the only club in football i wouldn't be sorry to see go.
Old 28-02-2017, 12:04   #6
God Member

Quote:
...but at the end of the day the land and buildings on the that land are owned by the council and they have a duty of care to make the facilities 'Fit for purpose' as well as complying with various rules and regulations.... .
Not necessarily so. The Council may own the land and the buildings but Satanage FC, as tenants, have the responsibility of making sure their customers are safe and sound. And, as tenants, the football club leased the premises knowingly, however 'unfit for purpose' they now claim they are.
Being an ex new town, the Council probably own lots of land and buildings but its ratepayers can't be expected to pay for refurbishing every one of its tenants' premises.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 23:16   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not necessarily so. The Council may own the land and the buildings but Satanage FC, as tenants, have the responsibility of making sure their customers are safe and sound. And, as tenants, the football club leased the premises knowingly, however 'unfit for purpose' they now claim they are.
Being an ex new town, the Council probably own lots of land and buildings but its ratepayers can't be expected to pay for refurbishing every one of its tenants' premises.
If you are in social housing owned by the council, then it is the council's responsibility to do the repairs to the rented property, not the tenants. In this case, the club are saying to the council, we want to upgrade the facilities, we will contribute two thirds of the funding from the club and FL will you contribute the other third. I agree Satanage have a duty of care to the paying hoards that watch them, but remember Edgar Street, Hereford, how dilapidated that was, didn't the council shut a stand down for being dangerous?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:09   #8
God Member

Quote:
If you are in social housing owned by the council, then it is the council's responsibility to do the repairs to the rented property, not the tenants. In this case, the club are saying to the council, we want to upgrade the facilities, we will contribute two thirds of the funding from the club and FL will you contribute the other third. I agree Satanage have a duty of care to the paying hoards that watch them, but remember Edgar Street, Hereford, how dilapidated that was, didn't the council shut a stand down for being dangerous?
Wrong analogy. A football club is a business, just like many others in Council premises, not a resident in social housing. Satanage's tenancy will have clear terms as to who is liable for what. And that club are not proposing 'repairs' but improvements, presumably to increase their turnover.
As for Hereford, the ground was/is owned by the County Council but again there was no legal obligation on that Council to divert public funds to subsidise a private business. However, in that case it was the Council that 'saved' Hereford from total demise. If the ground wasn't owned by the County Council, the spivs who tried to take over Hereford would have shut the club down and flogged the site to Tesco.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 13:03   #9
Senior Member+

Only club I would be DELIGHTED to see go under !
monkey hanger likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..