Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2016, 08:14   #301
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Summer Signings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Come off it, Baldy! 95% of Sean's critics this season have been let down by his play. Nothing to do with money. Not his fault either as the lad tries his best. For myself, I would never challenge any player's right to get maximum financial reward for his prowess, even if it means dropping down a couple of divisions, or more, even.
only the mentally retarded would bring a right to earn a living into the discussion,
Old 15-06-2016, 12:31   #302
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
....He's not a winger and not a centre forward, for me his best position is behind/off the front man,....played out of position for the sake of the team,... !!!

With this, as with much else, F19, you may well be right.
But my praise for Professor Coleman's performance last season is tempered by his decision, until it got serious, to regularly play Mr. McConville out of position.
I'm not sure it was for the sake of the team that Sean was picked when there was at least one naturally left-footed winger sitting on the bench for most of the season who barely got a run to prove his value.
Let's hope if Coley can find another winger for the coming season that he too is naturally left-footed so that Sean can be played on the right-hand side and he can go back to using his left peg for standing on.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2016, 12:35   #303
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Mine is tempered by who he is related too,
Old 15-06-2016, 20:52   #304
Senior Member+

The buzz word in football is "trust",managers knowing they can trust them to lay to instructions,hence you tend to find managers in new jobs recruiting ther former players.
Cashy,I think that theory went out the window when he left for Stockport and never told them !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2016, 21:23   #305
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
The buzz word in football is "trust",managers knowing they can trust them to lay to instructions,hence you tend to find managers in new jobs recruiting ther former players.
Cashy,I think that theory went out the window when he left for Stockport and never told them !!!
yeh theres only one of his former managers recruited him. that seems to back my point.
football19 likes this.
Old 16-06-2016, 08:46   #306
Senior Member+

Toto is looking to move on, any chance of a reappearance
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 08:50   #307
Senior Member+

Coley signed him at Southport and he seems to be best mates with Scott Brown...Seems to have matured on the field since he was here!
Old 16-06-2016, 10:06   #308
God Member

I agree with AccyMad and would like to see Toto return. He had a certain bite to his play that is needed in League 2.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 11:19   #309
Senior Member+

Toto joining Hartlepool apparently!
Old 16-06-2016, 16:32   #310
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Toto joining Hartlepool apparently!
He signed today.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2016, 18:25   #311
Senior Member+

Any chance of putting a bid in for Joe hart?,should get him on the cheap in a couple of weeks 😂😂😂
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 11:25   #312

New signing inbound
Old 17-06-2016, 12:12   #313
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well Chapmans back on a 2 yr deal, thats a good start in my view, hope the lad had more luck this time round.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-06-2016, 12:21   #314
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well Chapmans back on a 2 yr deal, thats a good start in my view, hope the lad had more luck this time round.
Agreed. This is excellent news.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 12:29   #315
God Member

Brilliant signing - good news at last!!
Only downside is that bloody chant we had for him last time, he'll definitely need a new one!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..