Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2016, 08:13   #406
God Member

Re: Summer Signings!

again its just about the money. until coley signed tom he hadn,t played a league game and we resurected his career. if it wasn,t for stanley he could easily have ended up in the conference north somewhere like chorley. sometimes you hope a player one day will realise this. oh i forgot about billy kee but there,s not many of his like about which is more of the pity.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2016, 09:34   #407
Senior Member+

And there's me thinking he had time out to further his education,silly me!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 10:29   #408
Full Member+

Some ridiculous comments on here. Can only wish the lad well. Loyalty is a two way thing and if we cant afford to offer a player what another team value him at then he has every right to take the better deal. Tom gave his all for the shirt all season and deserves better than some are saying.
yerself and football19 like this.
Old 28-06-2016, 11:00   #409
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Accymad,your way off the mark.
Sometimes there are underlying reasons why players want to move on,it's not always about money.
Tom give his all in every game and I hope his progression continues,great talent and I rate him as good if not better than Tom Aldred.
Portsmouth have only just joined the race for his signature
If I am I apologise F19, I agree Tom gave his all every game - never any question about his ability but my observation was due to a comment from one of his team mates after the Wimbledon home leg when, apparently Tom already knew he was leaving
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:41   #410
God Member

Am I right does preseason training start this Thursday if it does I would expect those who are staying to resign and maybe more new arrivals before Thursday any who are leaving will probably not report in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 13:48   #411
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
If I am I apologise F19, I agree Tom gave his all every game - never any question about his ability but my observation was due to a comment from one of his team mates after the Wimbledon home leg when, apparently Tom already knew he was leaving
Funny breed are footballers !!.
As long as off field issues don't effect what happens on the field,then I ain't got a problem with lads coming and going when their contracts up.
I can't say much,but I can say I don't know of one lad who hasn't give his all (and more) for Coley and Acci,and that's down to respect.
The next group will be the same,it's what Coley does.
AccyMad and KiTChener like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 14:36   #412
God Member

Never had reason to doubt Tom Davies' commitment in the games I saw last season.
At the time I was disappointed to see Tom Aldred leave and worried that he couldn't be replaced easily.
Good luck to Tom in Pompey, if that's where he ends up, but I have faith that the Professor's new team will be just as committed to the Stanley cause in 206/17.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38   #413
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As its now July !st and training has resumed, should those who aint signed up,do so today? or be told goodbye?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:19   #414
God Member

If thet aint signed then they aint getting paid! No doubt they'll be counting on their fingers and toes trying to work out how much they're losing for every day they haven't put their scrawl on the shiny bit of paper
Old 01-07-2016, 10:26   #415
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
If thet aint signed then they aint getting paid! No doubt they'll be counting on their fingers and toes trying to work out how much they're losing for every day they haven't put their scrawl on the shiny bit of paper
No doubt at all, but why should the club be up in the air wondering? they had all pre-season.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:58   #416
God Member

I dont thonk Coley would care. If we have a better full back triallist than Buxton then the offer to him would be Bucko's wage!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:38   #417
I am Banned

Richard chapliw rumoured to be signing from doncaster
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:02   #418
God Member

Better late than never, he's been coming since 2006!
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10   #419
Senior Member+

According to Fishy, Terry definitely signing, Bucko still in talks but management are hopeful and Shay is still up in the air yet! No mention of Rommy. Hope Bucko does stay because he is one of the best wing backs in the league and it showed towards the end of last season. However, I do wonder with the signing of a left back whether they are thinking of putting him in the middle of the park?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10   #420
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Could be a good plus, if we get him this time round, got loads of experience at higher level.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..