Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2006, 09:30   #76

Re: Supporters Club Meeting

Does it? There's been an Accrington Stanley Ladies for years, but they've never been officially connected to ASFC.

The team you are thinking of is Accrington girls & ladies fc which are nothing whatsoever to do with Stanley and never will be.

So is this new version officially linked to ASFC? I had a look on their website and there is no mention of Eric as chairman.

the new Accrington Stanley Ladies FC is connected with Stanley, I am their Shirt sponsor, they will be wearing the exact same strip as the mens first team, it is mainly being run by Karen Faz, Sparkie, and will have help from Stanleys coaches.

Hope this clears things for you mr. Tin.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:48   #77
Senior Member+

So the answer is, officially, this team has nothing to do with ASFC.

Thanks for making that clear.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:52   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
So the answer is, officially, this team has nothing to do with ASFC.

But unofficially, quite alot to do with ASFC.

Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 10:39   #79
Senior Member+

Officially Accrington Stanley Ladies is part of ASFC.

Eric Whalley is our chairman, Phil Hackney (stanley Youth team manager) is Director of Football, Martin Payne who coaches for ASFC and plays for the reserves is our First Team coach. Vicki Gilmartin is our Treasurer. Karen Fazackerly is Assistant Manager and I am Manager. We have the full backing of the football club and are officially part of the football club.

However monetarily we are a separate entity, we do NOT take money out of ASFC. We raise our own funds and any profit we make through extra fundraising will go back into ASFC.

Clear enough for you T.M?
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:02   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
Clear enough for you T.M?
Hmmmm. You all seem very defensive. Something to hide?

Having the same people involved doesn't make the two things mutual. You do realise that don't you?
Old 16-08-2006, 11:24   #81
God Member

What's the matter T.M?
Don't want a few laaaydeeees associated with the club?
tut tut tut

IMO it's a great thing that ASFC now have an official ladies team to coincide with the mens team. Shows we are on the way forward & not the grumpy old northerners that some seem to think!

As far as I can see, a team that the chairman of ASFC allows to share the sacred name IS an official part of the whole club.

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-08-2006 at 11:36.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:34   #82
God Member

Good look anyway whether your offical or not!

Last edited by John_Timmins; 16-08-2006 at 11:37.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:39   #83
Senior Member+

I was only asking a question and showing an interest. In the past the club has been 'keen' to distance itself from Ladies' football and I wanted to know how officially connected it was to the club now. However, I never received a straight forward answer and an ever increasing number of people seemed intent of clouding the issue further.

Wish I hadn't bothered to show an interest now.
Old 16-08-2006, 11:49   #84
God Member

Quote:
I was only asking a question and showing an interest. In the past the club has been 'keen' to distance itself from Ladies' football and I wanted to know how officially connected it was to the club now. However, I never received a straight forward answer and an ever increasing number of people seemed intent of clouding the issue further.

Wish I hadn't bothered to show an interest now.
Untwist your knicks TM!

No one is arguing with you or clouding the issue, what reason would there be to do so?

Ladies football is still a very grey area in the beautiful game, so it is understandable that those involved may seem a little defensive of the subject; especially when there's posts like this which could be perceived as being attacking:

Quote:
Hmmmm. You all seem very defensive. Something to hide?

Having the same people involved doesn't make the two things mutual. You do realise that don't you?

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-08-2006 at 11:55.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 13:50   #85
Senior Member+

Owdonabit serry! Tha wa'? lasses kicken football, Worrell happan next, tha be holden ta makin tha own tea, ney it'll never happen Sithee.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..