Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 20:49   #1

Terrible

I am angry at that result Coley YOU have to turn this around r its ur head for the chopping board! these results just r not good enough If these results are not turned around we will be relegated!!! The standard of the games is terrible We have no passion, no fight, no skill, we r terrible. How do u expect the fans to get behind the team with these performances...

THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH COLEMAN
Old 02-11-2004, 20:52   #2
I am Banned

Re: Terrible

i can here them coming now... its the opinion haters! watch out STEVEN
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 20:53   #3

Have to disagree. we narrowly lost to a league one side with players of the calibre of David Eyres, Jermaine Johnson Matt Appelby and Scott Vernon. We were badly compramised when our only left back was injured and had no replacement. Howver I'll have to wait until anyone who went to the match returns to serve final judgemnet.
Old 02-11-2004, 20:53   #4
I am Banned

but i agree theres no effort (apart from a few, especially cookey) and coley needs to get that back or he shud go!
Old 02-11-2004, 20:54   #5
I am Banned

agree, not a bad score but i'm goin off games i'v seen. and we threw away a 2-1 lead
Old 02-11-2004, 20:54   #6

I dont care they cant take my FREEDOM of speech

hehehehe
Old 02-11-2004, 20:56   #7

Yeah maybe we did lose to a 2nd division side but come on the performances of late are just not good enough

Cooky doesnt play with any conviction he is past it and we should let loose quick
Old 02-11-2004, 20:59   #8
I am Banned

so STEVEN if you were JOHN coleman what wud u do?
Old 02-11-2004, 21:09   #9

Jump of a cliff hehehehe

No id get rid of Paul cook(weve got naff allio) for a start then i would have a seriuos search for a new forward and two wingers or get lutel playing up front instead of a new forward he scored over 20 goals for us last season then id bring back howson and change the dreaded 4-5-1 to a desent 4-4-2 and play players in there rightful poistions where they enjoy because thats when they relax and will play ther best football

After that i would try to let the team gel as a unit and stop making un forced errors

Just my opinion!!!!

Last edited by Steven; 02-11-2004 at 21:11. Reason: cock up
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 22:13   #10
Senior Member+

steven if you are talking about tonights game at oldham you are very silly, stupid, idiotic, etc.
You did not even go so how can you talk about the performance.

My family have come back from the game and say we played really well
And if it was not for a couple of dodgy ref's decision's we would have deservedly won

Really good news for us all

Steven I am taking a karma point for your stupid post (in my opinion)
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 22:28   #11

The lads were unlucky tonight 2-1 up and threw it away with two similar goals right at the end.The support was fantastic but we should have been able to hang on against 10 men you would think ??

P.S. I'm not blaming the keeper but can I just ask has anyone ever seen him make a save ???? Cos I haven't hehehehe
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 22:32   #12
Full Member+

I was listening to Coley on Radio Lancashire on the way to the game and he was saying that the lads need to win over the fans as a lot of them had lost of confidence in the players and basically it was affecting their play.

We're all entitled to our opinion, but being a "supporter" means supporting the team. When your team needs your help to lift their confidence and morale, you support them.

If Steven had been there, he would have known that the Stanley supporters never stopped singing and sang their Oldham rivals out of the ground. We supported the team and the team responded.

Yes, there were a few hairy moments in defence against a very tricky number 11 and Butler was left hopelessly exposed against two players for most of the match, but the Stanley players did us proud tonight.

If we play with that passion and skill on Saturday against Exeter and against Northwich the following weekend, we will be much higher than joint-5th in the league and that is far more important than results in tin-pot cup matches.

It's not about 'blind faith' or whatever, but supporting the team when they need you most. Tonight was a good performance, let's help them make Saturday's even better!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 23:42   #13
Senior Member+

Dear Steven and/or accystankev,

In my day there was a person called Mary Whitehouse who was against a lot of things she'd never seen, like tonights match in your case.

She didn't have opinions, she had an agenda.

She was for censorship, I am not.

I can only advise that you both(?) get out a bit more, Oldham would have done for starters.

Travel broadens the mind, I am told.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 08:20   #14
Resting In Peace

Two one up and playing against ten men, what do we do ? We take off a defender and bring on a midfielder - just to accommodate Paul Cook. This decision lost us the game. Butler was waiting to come back on after receiving treatment, the trainer signalled to the bench that Butler was O.K., but they took no notice - on came Cook. Another opportunity to progress in a cup competition thrown away.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:15   #15
God Member

I agree with Jeff about the decision to bring on Cook - that along with Smithy only coming on for 2 minutes at the end & the ludricous penalty decision cost us the match. Having said that the lads played their hearts out tonight and it's a damn shame that they're not in the next round because they certainly deserved to be.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..