Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2011, 21:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The better start an Oxford thread this Millenium thread

Val,i understand were your coming from,but i dont buy into that theory.
the manager selects a team who he thinks will give him the best chance of getting three points.
If your asked to play out of position,you do it to the best of your ability.
Think murph has forced his way in because the team needed a bit more steel in the central area(is a bit more disciplined than proccy).
Proccy likes to get around the pitch,and sometimes leaves gaps.
I am not saying hes a better player,but the potential is there.
Like most young players he will go through a dip in form,but it will make him a better player and mentally stronger.
There are a few lads playing out of position,but just get on with it---the sign that the club has a good team spirit and everyone is pulling in the same direction.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-09-2011, 08:01   #17
God Member

Bit late posting this, I know, but I just want to say how impressed I was with Stanley's performanace against Oxford. They never stopped fighting - at one point they even fought each other.
After the match the OUFC manager said on local radio that Stanley were the best side they've played so far this season.
In one Sunday paper, both Long and Hessey were in the League 2 team of the day and, just as telling, Oxford's only player was their goalie.
The worst performances on the pitch were those of the referee and one of the linesman.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 09:50   #18
Senior Member+

Just watched highlights on "bbc football league2",Deano and Longy were unlucky with headers.
Hessey is suspended this week (5 bookings),wonder who will play CB,as Kern Miller travelled on saturday but didnt make the bench,
Old 27-09-2011, 11:10   #19
God Member

The ref on Saturday was pathetic. It was one of the least dirty games I've seen but before half time he'd booked 4 Stanley players. Second half he tried to even things up by booking two from Oxford.
Maybe Deano was subbed to avoid the risk of a red card.
Old 27-09-2011, 11:21   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Highlights BBC Sport - Oxford Utd 1-1 Accrington Still don't no why goal was ruled offside as both Proccy and Amond were on side whe the header was made then rebounded out look for your self
Old 27-09-2011, 11:57   #21
Resting in Peace

I thought so too, Mab on first sight. However I think, although they were onside for the free kick, they had strayed offside when the header was made? I think the law should be changed so that when the ball comes back from the woodwork, offsides are null and void, as the current rule penalises good anticipation!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:04   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
... Still don't no why goal was ruled offside ....

See comment above about ref.
One incident I saw on saturday summed up the standard of the match officials. Two players were tussling for the ball right on the side line. They were no more than two yards away from the linesman but had their backs to the ref who was at least 20 yards away. The Stanley player, I think it was McIntyre, deliberately knocked the ball against the Oxford player to get the throw in. The linesman wasn't even looking at the players or the ball, but kept his eyes on the ref who gave the throw-in to Oxford.
Old 27-09-2011, 17:32   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Just watched highlights on "bbc football league2",Deano and Longy were unlucky with headers.
Hessey is suspended this week (5 bookings),wonder who will play CB,as Kern Miller travelled on saturday but didnt make the bench,
Are you sure he is on 5????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 18:22   #24
Senior Member+

He isn't currently featuring on the suspensions list.

TheFA.com - Suspension Lists
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 19:37   #25
God Member

Cheers Sparkie!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2011, 09:39   #26
Senior Member+

Could be mistaken,was under the impression he had four bookings prior to the oxford game!!
Old 28-09-2011, 09:54   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Are you sure he is on 5????
Acording to the football league site he is, Proccy is on 4. seems abit odd why he isn't on the Fa Suspension list but they aren't always spot on
Old 28-09-2011, 16:14   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Highlights BBC Sport - Oxford Utd 1-1 Accrington Still don't no why goal was ruled offside as both Proccy and Amond were on side whe the header was made then rebounded out look for your self
I'm all for watching a game through red tinted spectacles. It's what supporting Stanley is all about. But, come on!

They were both a good yard and a half offside as the ball's headed. Watch the replay through frame by frame and it's clear.

That said it's about the only decision the officials got right all afternoon. Deano was booked for contesting a header! All three of them stank.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..