Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2016, 16:00   #31
God Member

Re: The Cheltenham Roar

Another two points lost at home, another result lost in the dying minutes..
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2016, 16:08   #32

our form over the last three (very winnable) league games hasn't even reached the height of mid-table mediocrity.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 16:21   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why when a game looks 50/50 does a defender get substituted for a forward? A ridiculous thing to do in my eyes.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 16:22   #34

Ggrrrrrrr!!!!!
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 16:24   #35

Ps, Eagles = sold a pup
Pps, great game from the ref
Ppps, what a strange mix of shapes and sizes they were. Three Giants and two midgets.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 16:37   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
Why when a game looks 50/50 does a defender get substituted for a forward? A ridiculous thing to do in my eyes.
The people making these decisions are qualified to do so. Are You?
Chrisr likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 16:52   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
The people making these decisions are qualified to do so. Are You?
No but i'm qualified to see stupidity.
yerself and keep the faith like this.
Old 08-10-2016, 16:59   #38
Full Member+

The first 15/20 minutes were hopeful. But why not go with the team who won at Chesterfield?? If the game looks poor you can change personnel or tactics at half time or during the game. Chris Eagles needs several games on the run to get anywhere near his best, The communication amongst our players is still a big problem. We should have won that game by at least two goals. I am afraid the Manager must look to his tactics and plan B as this is poor. we left the substitutions until it was too late to turn the game. I am also disappointed at the marketing strategy of the club. The lack of a proper promotion and publicity person is so obvious it is an embarrassment. The gate seem to be getting a little less and watching today it is easy to see why.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 17:15   #39
Senior Member+

Onwards and upwards
Lord Didsbury likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 17:35   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Onwards and upwards
Well, onwards, anyway.
Old 08-10-2016, 17:36   #41

Coley and Bell need to take a long hard look at their tactics this afternoon. We were forced to watch an absolute shambles. I can't blame the players on the pitch they didn't pick themselves, it was purely a case of poor selection and bizarre substitutions. I could go on!!!!!!
cashman likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 17:39   #42
Senior Member+

It's normally November when the top few teams break away (there is a regular pattern of this over the past 8 out of 10 years). If we have any hope of being close to that group, we must win the next 2.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 17:47   #43
God Member

Agree, Davo, November has usually been an early benchmark.
Didn't see the game today but, until the 89th minute, Stanley were occupying the last play-off spot. But the front runners are starting to pull away with their consistency. Draws are not good enough to keep up in the long run.
Was very hopeful when I saw the team selection before kick-off, but am really disappointed if they again failed to live up to expectations.
However, whenever Rovers and Burnley are not playing, it seems inevitable that Stanley have a less than inspiring result.
Old 08-10-2016, 18:15   #44

My memory is a bit ****e but I thought he took Hughes off before the goal and it seemed to make sense at that point. What made less sense was the later subs. But i suppose Coleman had his reasons.

Cheltenham looked a poor team but they gave us little time on the ball and we seemed to stop trying to move after a while. I feel that Clark and O'Sullivan should be unlocking defences but don't seem to get the sort of service that Piero got. It all comes back to the centre of midfield for me. Cheltenham seemed to pick up all the loose balls.

Vyner is an enigma. Very comfortable, can beat a man but his passing is shocking. Halliday has not been replaced with his surging runs and linking with Piero. I think he's got it in him though.

Anyway, at least I think it's just a case of things coming together rather than it being a lost cause this season. We can still surge up that table.

I agree Eagles probably needs more of a run of games, but he really really looks a poor player to me.

Saw Josh at half time. (Which was nice). He kindly held the door of the clubhouse open for Er Indoors. I was going to strike up some conversation but then remembered the embarrassing occasion I tried to chat to Morrissey on a flight back from Cork and decided better of it.
Old 08-10-2016, 18:25   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me to take Hughes off and replace him with a striker, when the game could have gone either way, was very poor judgement imho.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..