Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 08:10   #16
Full Member+

Re: the Gas man cometh

The thing that impressed me about the performance last night was the fact that, for once, the whole team seemed "up for it" and we weren't carrying old and overweight passengers. Having said that, we still lack ideas going forward and it always seems difficult to see where a goal is going to come from.
The back four was much improved - I've criticised Rocky in the past, but he showed last night what a valuable team member he is. Leam and Phil at full back seems to be the right pairing and Mauro certainly didn't let us down.
I do still worry about the keeper, however. He isn't really positive in his command of the area - maybe just inexperienced. He is, however, a very promising young player and needs to be encouraged, As I've said elsewhere, his shot-stopping is first-class.
The rest of the team put in a much better performance. I was particularly impressed with Shaun Whalley when he came on. Why couldn't he have given a determined showing like that on Saturday. Perhaps he feels happier with Leam behind him rather than Jammie - but then again, who wouldn't!?
Overall, then, an great improvement on Saturday, but there's still a fair way to go to safety.so keep it up lads
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-03-2007, 08:57   #17
God Member

I'd agree with that Oldgobbin, much better performance from the lads last night. I see Jay got MOTM, personally I would've given it to Phil Edwards just for the battering that he took, how he got up again after he'd clattered into the wall in front of the stand I really don't know! If we can build on last night's performance, we may even get something at Swindon on Saturday, here's hoping
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 13:47   #18
Senior Member+

A much better, battling performance. Yet again an individual error, or in ability to do the basic things, cost us points. We're never going to scrape a 1-0 win defending the way we do.
Having said that, all the players looked up for it and I'm not going to criticise them based on that.
Old 07-03-2007, 16:22   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Don't know which match you was watching, but that was one of the poorest Stanley performances I have ever witnessed.
I have to disagree:
Chester (Home and Away)
Rochdale on Saturday
Grimsby (Away)

They were all worse!

Much better performance last night, unlike Saturday it didn't look like the opponents could score any minute. When it comes to shooting/getting the ball in the box, I agree with you - we can do better!

Thank God for Shaun Whalley!
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 18:39   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Don't know which match you was watching, but that was one of the poorest Stanley performances I have ever witnessed. It seemed that the strikers were affraid of doing there job ie shooting at goal. I was soooo depressed I walked out at the 88th minute and missed the Stanley goal. Maybe I shouldn't turn up, but no that is not the answer. As one text message received on the BBC Radio Lancs stated, some of the players are not up to league standard and it is showing. The fitness levels are a yard short of most teams, the only saving grace is that the 3 teams below us are even worse!. We need a big striker up front to partner PM ( I know we are the 4th best scorers in the league) although the defence tonight was somewhat better, but tended to go walkaround in the second half chasing an equaliser and left some alarming gaps. Still a point is a point gained and not a loss.
Poorest performance? You obviously didn't go to the Rochdale match!
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 19:21   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd.Div.North View Post
Boston away has got to be the worst, it really has

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:30   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd.Div.North View Post
No thank goodness - I was working and although I got the goal flashes via the BBC, from what I have read on the Rochdale thread and read in other publications then maybe that was a worse match. But purely on matches I have seen, this has to be the worst one.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 21:38   #23
God Member

rochdale match up there with leigh rmi and worcster matches

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..