Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2005, 14:17   #1

The Most Unproffesional Professional....

....Mr John Coleman

In the past I have fully supported the decisions made by John Coleman in attempts to do what was right for the team, for example sending Lutel James out on loan etc.
HOWEVER
In recent weeks John Coleman has made some extremely brave/stupid decisions which have not produced a good outcome, for example starting Paul Cook against Crawley when younger, fitter players are available for selection, and persisting with his choice of goalkeeper despite a number of mach losing errors, the list goes on.
His remarks in tonights Telegraph with regards to the attitudes of Rory Prendergast and Lee McEvilly were totally out of order; "I will get players who want to play for the club, so it's for Rory to sort himself out and decide what he wants to do. When he is on song he is a good player but there are other things regarding his attitude which need to be sorted out"
No, Mr Coleman, I believe the situation is quite the contrary, it is you who needs to take a good lang look at what is best for the club, and your attitude towards your players and all round game.
I beleive the decision to substitute Rory after 23 minutes was completely unprofessional, and whatever happened in the dugout should have been sorted out after the game, as Mr Coleman's decision proved costly as it ultimately lost us the game.

May I congratulate Suzanne Geldard's account of what happened in the Telegraph, another brilliant report from the sports writer of the year!

So.....Ian Rush is now available!!!
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2005, 14:26   #2

Re: The Most Unproffesional Professional....

I would like to go into detail as to why I do not agree with this post in many ways. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the fans don't know. If you knew, you would understand his descisions.
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 14:59   #3
God Member

Unlike Adam here.. I wont try and make believe I know whats going on because I don't... I suspect Adam doesn't know half as much as he woul make believe.

But one thing I do know... I have squat idea how to run a football club.... and niether do most fans and thats why I will leave it to them that know
Old 06-04-2005, 15:08   #4
God Member

Adam, I dont wish to be rude, but if you are aware of anything that would shed a better light on this situation then I,for one, would implore you to expand on your last post.

To the ordinary fans of this football club, Im afraid that the way Rory was treated at last nights game was despicable to say the least, for the amount of time the lad was on the pitch he ran his heart out (again) and I feel sure that a goal WOULD have come had He been allowed to stay on the pitch.

Granted, you cant have players shouting at the manager for any old reason, but WHY oh WHY take off the best winger in this league just to prove a point (thats exactly what it looked like), surely He could have left him on untill half time,given Him a rollicking in the dressing room, and then,if He wasnt performig sub him in the 2nd half?

We lost to a team that are nowhere near us and should have beaten easily,but Mr Colemans decision did appear to lose us the game.

Again adam, if you have better info then please let us know.

Cheers

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 15:19   #5
Senior Member+

Its quite a big step from semi pro to the professional for player and managers, coaches etc.. some adapt some don't like anything in pro sport you need to take it in to account. JC was a good semi pro player and a good semi pro manager the jump to professional may be to big, we all think we can do it but only a handfull make it, a couple of years ago I did my UEFA B course at Lilleshall and there was a lot of ex pro and semi pro players doing it, some have done well and others not so well the ones that succeed arn't necessarily the ones you would expect. The situation at Stanley reminded me of a couple of things that they brought up on the course and why it is so difficult to succeed in an industry that is always looking for the winning formula. One part of the course was a chat with current managers and coaches and what you could expect while dealing with players, supporters, directors, chairmen etc and the overall theme was you can't win and sometimes you have to give in and bite the bullet to succeed they also recommened reading 'On Football' by Sven Goran Eriksson with Willi Railo & Hakan Matson (Carlton, 2001). This book focuses primarily on indiv & team psychology, it may time for JC to hit the library.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 15:28   #6

Thumbs down Re: The Most Unproffesional Professional....

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
....Mr John Coleman

In the past I have fully supported the decisions made by John Coleman in attempts to do what was right for the team, for example sending Lutel James out on loan etc.
HOWEVER
In recent weeks John Coleman has made some extremely brave/stupid decisions which have not produced a good outcome, for example starting Paul Cook against Crawley when younger, fitter players are available for selection, and persisting with his choice of goalkeeper despite a number of mach losing errors, the list goes on.
His remarks in tonights Telegraph with regards to the attitudes of Rory Prendergast and Lee McEvilly were totally out of order; "I will get players who want to play for the club, so it's for Rory to sort himself out and decide what he wants to do. When he is on song he is a good player but there are other things regarding his attitude which need to be sorted out"
No, Mr Coleman, I believe the situation is quite the contrary, it is you who needs to take a good lang look at what is best for the club, and your attitude towards your players and all round game.
I beleive the decision to substitute Rory after 23 minutes was completely unprofessional, and whatever happened in the dugout should have been sorted out after the game, as Mr Coleman's decision proved costly as it ultimately lost us the game.

May I congratulate Suzanne Geldard's account of what happened in the Telegraph, another brilliant report from the sports writer of the year!

So.....Ian Rush is now available!!!

Well Said Sir!

It's about responsibibility and accountability! IMHO it's about time that the management trio where held accountable for their actions, inactions and running of team affairs!

If I have upset people, then that's tough, take it out on my Karma, or something!
Old 06-04-2005, 15:29   #7

First rule of journalism is sincerity, so i'm not about to go dish the dirt. I also felt it was a bad decision to take Rory off because he didn't deserve it. I felt sorry for him, but there are reasons as to why Coley lost patience. Again I will not elaborate

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 06-04-2005 at 16:23.
Old 06-04-2005, 15:37   #8
God Member

So will you be doing this often? Coming on the forums telling everyone you know it all but when asked to elaborate you then say your not allowed? hmm

In that case I know what happend and I know whats going on and I know the team for saturday... I also know who is going to win the grand national and how many babies queen cammila will kiss...

But I cant elaborate as its a secret..

Pointless isn't it..
Old 06-04-2005, 15:41   #9

Simple answer to all on this matter is to attend the fans forum tonight at the club where all management concerned are available to question. Kick off 7.30 at the clubhouse. May be as well to post any questions via the link on the official Accy Stanley web site.
I know a lot of feathers were ruffled last night & concerns are increasing as the season draws close but hell, look at what we have achieved in less than two seasons-dont forget Erics stated plan to Coley was Div 2 in 3 seasons. Aren't we on the brink now after only 2/3 of the way? It is easy to criticize but there is also praise to be given too. OK ask questions but lets all pull in one direction & be united in helping the team & management get where we & they want them to be-DIV 2 HERE WE COME!
Criticise by all means but make it positive!
Old 06-04-2005, 15:42   #10
God Member

Adam, thanks for answering my post.

I fully understand that as a journalist you have got to be sincere,and let me assure you that I was not asking you to 'dish the dirt',mereley to shed some more light on the situation.

That said, is journalisim not also the job of telling the 'truth' no matter what?................With the exeption of the Tabloids!!!

No matter,perhaps tonights forum will answer any questions remaining....................or am I dreaming again!?

Cheers

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 15:55   #11

A couple of points journalists might like to note Mr Cottier. There's an `n` in sincerity. Its omission may have been a typing error, However, "their are reasons" is quite unforgivable for any journalist who should know his "there" from his "their".
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 16:20   #12

Have You Got Nothing Better To Do?
Old 06-04-2005, 16:21   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Simple answer to all on this matter is to attend the fans forum tonight at the club where all management concerned are available to question. Kick off 7.30 at the clubhouse. May be as well to post any questions via the link on the official Accy Stanley web site.
I know a lot of feathers were ruffled last night & concerns are increasing as the season draws close but hell, look at what we have achieved in less than two seasons-dont forget Erics stated plan to Coley was Div 2 in 3 seasons. Aren't we on the brink now after only 2/3 of the way? It is easy to criticize but there is also praise to be given too. OK ask questions but lets all pull in one direction & be united in helping the team & management get where we & they want them to be-DIV 2 HERE WE COME!
Criticise by all means but make it positive!
good points
Old 06-04-2005, 16:27   #14

slag me off all you want...i couldn't care less you silly little people

Last edited by Adam Cottier; 06-04-2005 at 16:31.
Old 06-04-2005, 16:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Cottier
I would like to go into detail as to why I do not agree with this post in many ways. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that the fans don't know. If you knew, you would understand his descisions.
This has got to be the most arrogant post I have ever read on this messageboard. Why don't you come back when you've grown up, Adam?

Stanleybabe

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..