Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2005, 10:05   #16
Super Moderator

Re: The New "Stanley 50 / 50 Draw"

Although I don't have a programme to hand, I seem to remember the ground regulations at the back stating that anyone using racist or abusive comments is liable to be ejected (or words to that effect). Could this lead to the bizarre situation of the club chucking out their own lottery ticket seller??!!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2005, 10:39   #17
Senior Member+

I certainly didnt like the fella

He was too pushy and not very friendly.....

Bring back Henry, Kate and Sam
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:12   #18

He approached us before the kick off in the Sports Bar, and was quite aggressive in his attitude, accusing us of not supporting the club if we didn't buy a ticket. As I've been coming to Stanley for many years, and this was the first time I'd ever seen him there, I don't need lecturing from the likes of him about my level of support.

He then came round the ground shouting racist comments about the first prize, which nobody found funny.

Get rid of him. Stanley are too good a club to have him representing them.

PS. At £2 for a pint of smooth in the Sports Bar, I think I gave more to the club in profits on Saturday than if I'd bought one of his tickets. How can the club justify those prices?
Stanleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:23   #19
Resting In Peace

I never saw the fellow, but I know what I would have done with his ticket if he had shoved it in front of me, and as for the £50 programme prize, what an absolutely STUPID idea. Nobody is going to cut up a programme. I thought that the 50/50 draw was an excellent idea, much better than the raffle, and I think that it would have taken off and gone well.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:46   #20
Senior Member+

Are we going to get an answer from the club?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 12:54   #21
God Member

Have you emailed them or phoned them? You wont get an answer if you dont ask a question..
Old 07-02-2005, 16:03   #22
Senior Member+

Silly me Sorry thought the powers that be read the stuff on here, Isnt someone called Rob on here a lot?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:07   #23
Senior Member+

yep he is the club administrator
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:08   #24
God Member

My god am I reading this right?

Rob, what the hell is going on?

Steve,Kate and Sam,I for one am 100% behind you guys,you are professional in the way you go about your tasks,never pushy,allways polite.

Surley this cant be allowed to happen?

I am disgusted,and very dissilusioned with the Club at this moment!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:17   #25
God Member

Seems to me theres a lot of people raring to slag the club off without even giving them a chance to explain... I aint saying there in the right and in fact I trust what Vic and Henry have told us to be true..... just surprised at the witch hunt and so many of you attacking the club on hearsay...

If your all so angry why dont you ask the club? But may I respectfully suggest it is one of you who had dealings with this bloke and not the gossip brigade.
Old 07-02-2005, 16:35   #26
God Member

is it possible that this guy is just some Con-man? From reading the posts, it just seems very odd that he turns up without anyone else knowing anything about him.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 16:36   #27
God Member

I think he was hired by the club.. As I say ..I trust what Hanry and Vic have said..100% and I agree the sellers have been treated badly.... I just think its time to stop attacking the club and get a response from them..
Old 07-02-2005, 16:56   #28

How is it hearsay. Vic has spent money on tickets thats havent been used. Many of us saw and heard this guy and were offended by the methods, language and racist views he felt he had to broadcast (within earshot of our younger supporters) on behalf of the club. a club that prides itself (and quite rightly so) on its family image. They have made a big mistake treating fans and helpers of so many years iin such a way and a BIG apology is required. I'll wait in hope.
Old 07-02-2005, 17:02   #29
God Member

I SAID I BELIEVE WHAT HENRY AND VIC SAID AND 100% BELIEVE THEM AT THAT.. I also said i agree the sellers have been treated badly... I know each one of them personally and Vic and wouldn't like to see them treated badly ever!!!

I made the point that a lot of people who did NOT even see this guy are now attacking the club and its become a witch hunt... Try reading my post a couple of times.. I am sure the penny will drop....eventually
Old 07-02-2005, 17:06   #30
God Member

Well, it certainly seems a most peculiar thing to have done. I would have thought an explanation with the reason for introducing this individual should be urgently forthcoming.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..