Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2006, 15:57   #61
Senior Member+

Re: todays action

There are now only three teams left with any chance of catching us! We now need just 8 points to clinch it.

Code:
                           	Played	Points	Possible
Accrington Stanley      	36	81	99
Hereford United         	35	67	88
Halifax Town            	34	61	85
Grays Athletic          	32	53	83
Morecambe               	35	57	78
Stevenage Borough       	36	60	78
York City               	35	57	78
Exeter City             	33	50	77
Woking                  	32	45	75
Dagenham And Redbridge  	33	46	73
Burton Albion           	35	50	71
Gravesend And Northfleet	34	45	69
Aldershot Town          	35	47	68
Cambridge United        	35	42	63
Canvey Island           	35	42	63
Kidderminster Harriers  	35	42	63
Altrincham              	34	37	61
Crawley Town            	34	35	59
Southport               	34	31	55
Scarborough             	35	32	53
Tamworth                	34	29	53
Forest Green Rovers     	35	31	52

Last edited by MikeA; 25-03-2006 at 16:04.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2006, 16:03   #62
Senior Member+

14 points clear again you gotta love that!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 16:04   #63
God Member

how great does that sound people.....

MORECAMBE CANT CATCH US!!!
Pride Of The North
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 16:09   #64

Talking Re: todays action

GET IN THERE!!!! 5 POINTS ON THE PREDICTION LEAGUE FOR A CERTAIN PERSON - GOD I HATE BEING RIGHT.....

RIGHT THEN - WHERES THAT CHUFFIN HEREFORD MESSAGEBOARD THEN???

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 16:12   #65
Senior Member+

MAGICAL!!!
I Said to shakermaker that Robbie would save it

Cmon tracker boy!!!
Old 25-03-2006, 16:14   #66
Senior Member+

Champions of Nonleague

Last edited by baldy; 25-03-2006 at 16:15. Reason: Ian Craney
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 16:21   #67

after a very brief sound check at edger street the fat lady has decided to sing at the IES!!!

jimbo.... when you go to the welsh forum can you check if it is true that they have signed TRACTOR TOM on loan for the rest of the season!....
glosterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 18:08   #68
Senior Member+

Excellent result today, which showed the true character of the team. Twice behind and still coming back to win.

When I saw the shambles on Tuesday I really did feel as though it would slip away from us. I should have known better eh?
Old 25-03-2006, 18:25   #69
Senior Member+

just got back, we were awesome second half..Thought Cav played really well and so did gary, he looked back to his normal style. ROB ELLIOT, what can i say? absolutley class..saved penalty, save one on one from bishop and made a save from a bishop header which was breath taking..no-one could believe it..The brown incident, browny shouldn't have been booked, he made a fair shoulder barge on the york player, the player then retaliated by pushing brown, he didnt get booked. Penalty was a penalty by the ref's standard today, he gave handball for everything..big away following today 400/500 and a massive cheer at the end when the hereford score was announced...
Old 25-03-2006, 19:10   #70
Resting in Peace

What a great, great performance today. 1st 20 minutes it looked like we were'nt at the races but York went to pieces when we began to zip the ball around. A privilege to be there and witness Craney's cracker, the magnificent team spirit and the celebrations at the end. All 13 heroes today.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 19:25   #71
Senior Member+

I was right in front of the Brown incident and how that cheating t**t Peat stayed on the pitch I do not know, he had his hands around Brownys throat. just hope Kipax picked it up and passes the photo to the league officials. However, I and my partner had to put up with vitriolic outbursts from a York fan opposite the aisle from us shouting for York players to break Stanleys legs, back, jump up and down on them, crack their skulls etc etc. My partner stated to this person that she was not only upset but felt that this abuse was totally unwarranted from any fan, complained to a steward and only to be told it was her fault for complaining as she must have started the abuse from said person. BTW the person in question was old enough to know better - he must have been late 70's if not 80's at least. A letter to the chairman of York City is in the process of being composed as I speak.As for the match, great 2nd half, but the referee was a complete w****r for both teams. Yes I listened to the post match summary on Radio York on the way home and absolutely laughed my socks off at the comments made by dumb and dumber from the commentary box and some of the texts and e-mails sent, rose coloured specs and all. I for one must apologise for my post match prediction - coz after Southport I thought we might be lucky to get a point, but the real Stanley turned up today. Keep on truckin lads, bet those welsh wonders don't turn up this week tee hee

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 19:29   #72
Super Moderator

Just got back, agree with everything that's been said. We started off very poorly, but in the second half we were stunning! 400+ Stanley fans on the away end...the atmosphere was brilliant! Off to the pub now...On Stanley On!
Old 25-03-2006, 19:33   #73

Well Done lads, true character.... Hereford losing as well, has made my weekend.
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 19:55   #74
Senior Member+

that peat was a "t**t" in that scenario but i thought he was there best player, looked calm and composed, donaldson is a cheat.. He couldn't stay on his feet! But it was a penatly when he was brought down by a needless edwards challenge.
Old 25-03-2006, 20:02   #75

Yeah, don't like Clayton Donaldson at all, he just rolls about for 90 minutes and is also a bit of a thug.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..