Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2005, 18:19   #46
Senior Member+

Re: todays team vs tamworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleybabe
Isn't footy brilliant? Coley and Jimmy have dragged this club kicking and screaming out of non-league obscurity, so just because expectations haven't yet been reached in the FIRST season of full time football, let's kick them out!! Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! Instead of all the negativity that appears in threads such as this one, why not try supporting the team and the management, get behind them and try thinking positively, you never know, you might even like it!!!

Stanleybabe
Some people would be happier with us back in the HFS Loans League....

Whinging is in some peoples nature, next time we have a display maybe they'll join in & enjoy themselves. Very poor at Tamponworth but sack Coley.....you are avin a laff. Most people thought we'd struggle at the foot of the conference I'm sure Bluebird did. But Coley assembled a squad that finished 10th in the first season & third round in the FA Cup. Have u all forgot that.....Look down the table at Burton & Nigel Clough, then ask who is doing a good job

WE LOVE YOU SIR JC, JB & EW

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2005, 18:42   #47
Senior Member+

A famous person once said, you're only as good as your last result.

Most people are not calling for the management to be sacked, but the team (not the club) do appear to be going backwards this season. Why can't people say that on a public forum without being called whingers?

The past is the past, unless of course you see the world through rose-tinted glasses.
Old 24-01-2005, 21:57   #48

Unhappy Re: todays team vs tamworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Some people would be happier with us back in the HFS Loans League....

Whinging is in some peoples nature, next time we have a display maybe they'll join in & enjoy themselves. Very poor at Tamponworth but sack Coley.....you are avin a laff. Most people thought we'd struggle at the foot of the conference I'm sure Bluebird did. But Coley assembled a squad that finished 10th in the first season & third round in the FA Cup. Have u all forgot that.....Look down the table at Burton & Nigel Clough, then ask who is doing a good job

WE LOVE YOU SIR JC, JB & EW
Playing the football that we currently are, it is going to be very difficult to retain the neutral supporter or to grow our fan base. The gates this season, for me, have been very disappointing, and will probably get worse. I hate defeat, like everyone else, however its is always easier to stomach when you can see progress or committment, I can't see either at the moment.

Something has got to change.................at some point!

I'm no more, or less, of a supporter than anyone else. Perhaps my expectations are higher than others?........who knows! I spend my hard earned money on the gate and in the shop, then Saturday comes! I start with belief that today will be the day, that all the training ground tactics will fall in place...........but I'm still waiting.

I appreciate what JC & the Directors have achieved. I want nothng more than to see Accy Stan in the football league!

But, there comes a point in life when you have to realise that not matter how much you scream and shout, and bang your drum, you ain't going to flog a dead horse!
Old 24-01-2005, 23:39   #49
Senior Member+

Stan Collymore is not the only player to be involved in ‘dogging’. The Stanley back four have been spotted standing around, watching other people score for ages.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 14:07   #50

I don't agree with those who are baying for Coley's blood but I do think we've got to ask ourselves who's really in charge these days. When you look back at Coley and Jimmy's record over the last few years at the Stanley we couldn't ask for more. I really don't believe they could have lost all their magic. So what's changed this year?

Paul Cook as coach!! - What's all that about?? Is he responsible for picking the teams? That could explain some of the choice of players. It's like being back at school, picking all your mates for the team(never mind talent and commitment).
And I can't even begin to tell you how my heart sinks whenever he comes on the pitch himself. Groans all around me. I've heard all the talk of experienced player etc. but the way I see it (me just being a girl and all that) he just runs around the pitch like a headless chicken (more often than not away from the ball). For experienced player read has-been. Coley and Jimmy didn't need him to get us promoted. Time to go I'd say.

As someone said earlier, it's not just about getting beaten, it's not even about getting beaten by crummy teams, it's about loyal fans turning up week after week to see a bunch of lads who couldn't give a damn about winning the game. Everyone can have a bad day and make silly mistakes but some players (and we all know who they are) couldn't care less - they're going to get paid anyway.

Frank M came on the bus on Saturday to apologise for the shoddy performance and promised us things would change, I really hope it is true. Some of us will keep on supporting Stanley whatever happens but we can't survive just with the hardcore of fans, we still need the new, "part time" and "fickle" fans that some of you seem to dispise. Not just for the gate income but also to build a bigger permanent fan base.
If we get back to playing good football they will come!
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 15:26   #51
Senior Member+

That was my first away game for stanley and apart from the result it was a good day out. Well done jase and the ultra's with the coach and everything, and i should be coming to a few more away games now!!!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 15:48   #52
Super Moderator

I think Alice has hit the nail right on the head there!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 15:53   #53
Senior Member+

Yep she's spot on! Funny how Cookie was less than a bit player last year but this year.....one year older, he's a regular

V V V Very Strange

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 25-01-2005, 15:57   #54
Senior Member+

as cookie got an appearence fee this season
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 17:40   #55
God Member

QUESTION FOR YOU ALL
Had Cookie been succesfull a couple of weeks ago when he applied for the Stalybridge managers job would no one have been upset?
Old 25-01-2005, 17:50   #56
Senior Member+

I'd have been gutted..............................

........theres some decent people at Stalybridge!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 25-01-2005, 18:58   #57
Senior Member+

Alice for manager, what a statement from a lass no less. Well said madam - RESPECT

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 19:16   #58

Wink Re: todays team vs tamworth

Sorry everyone - cant resist..

Alice? ALICE? WHO THE **** IS ALICE???

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2005, 19:42   #59

nice one jimbo,sorry though ive got to agree with her
Old 25-01-2005, 19:44   #60

Talking Re: todays team vs tamworth

Yeah I never said I didnt agree - Im completely 100% with her... top post! I was just tryin to crack a funny...

And Kipax, youve let me down - you said you werent going to say anything about Cooky....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 25-01-2005 at 19:46.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..