Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2004, 21:02   #1

Tonight

Well done Stanley, great result. Keep up the good work!!!
Old 14-07-2004, 21:09   #2
Full Member+

Re: Tonight

Oh dear, is this the standard of refereeing we have to suffer this season. I`m no expert but I think Rochdales No 5 deserved a straight red card. I would also have thought their manager would have substituted the No 5 for his own safety as he was going to play no further useful part in the match.
Old 14-07-2004, 21:25   #3

Yeah, but it was a "friendly", with only a couple of minutes to go! Can't blame the "officials" for bottling out. Funny to see them all in centre circle until we'd all gone. What did they think we'd do, other than boo them off?
KiTChener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 21:31   #4

Got to say, even tho' I was at other end, I thought we seemed to defend so much better than I've seen for ages! Who was our no. 17, thought he showed some good touches, plenty of promise & commitment
KiTChener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 21:55   #5
I am Banned

rochdales number 5 had his lip bust open he was in the physio room after the game.
I asked the physio how it happened and she sed his lip was split open, it either came from punch, elbow or a head butt........
deffinite red though he must have hit smiffy 3 times
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2004, 22:06   #6
Senior Member+

And when Smiffy like a MAN after the game went to him to calm it down, he still did not calm down!!!!!

Well done Smiffy in being a man...... And the rest of the boys for playing very well for most of the game

No17 did look exciting and promising

And for the second game in a row with lots of different players, Defended like a rock
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:11   #7
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, couldn't make the match last night. Would anybody be so kind as to tell us a bit more about the team's performance? Who shone in the defence? How did Mr Evil, Craney and Lutel do? What was O'Neill like?

Questions, questions, questions...
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:37   #8
Resting In Peace

Nobody shone in defence, actually Steve Halford headed the ball into his own net after one minute but, luckily, a Rochdale player was offside from the original cross. It was the usual desperate defending - every man for himself with nobody organising the defence. Mr. Evil was not as good as he was on Saturday and only played the first half. Craney and Lutel did not play at all. O'Neill came on in the second half nothing too impressive but scored a tap in. Overall it was not as impressive or confidence building as Saturday, but we only had what I would term as a mostly second string team out with a few trialists.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:38   #9
Senior Member+

I was at the attacking end all game so can not comment too closely on our defence, but they looked solid and able to soak up the pressure Hacker stood out for me.

Lee evil looked really keen again, but was replaced in the second half

Cooky had a couple of really cheeky shots in the second half, he tried a Beckham from half way and was bang on target, which needed a fantastic save to keep it out of the net

To be truthful the first half was there's and the second half ours but we made it count and sent them home sad

lutel, rory or craney did not play.
Old 15-07-2004, 09:40   #10
Senior Member+

That was NO tap in JEFF.....
Old 15-07-2004, 09:51   #11

Well the first half was a bit of a non starter really. Saying that though hacker scored an og but liner already had his flag up for off side, we had a couple of chances, evil was awsome i thought yet again, craney, lutel, rory, carvill were rested. Ian hughes in defence had another good game even though i didn't see the first one think he would be a good signing. flickers had a good half, as did howarth. Jagielka looks like a good signing. Tought reg (Hollis) was poor at lest back. Danny Allcock look steady but saying that in the 2 games he has played he has had hardly anything to do. The left winger that was on for the second looks like he's werth another look as does the left back who played along with ed o'neil on the right. Second half was yet again controlled by us even though they did have a couple of chances. Mullin and Damo did well when they came on as did brano. two quality goals first one by o'neil was a really neat finish just dinking it over the keeper after mully picked the ball some good foot work and played him in. Second was from hacker of a corner great finish at the near post. Good display by the boys overall. Also there number 5 was an absolute disgrase how he was not sent off i will never no and for there manager to leave him on well what can i say.

WAS A GREAT DAY FOR ENGLISH FOOTBALL................................

ACCRINGTON STANLEY ARE BACK....
Cammy ASFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 10:07   #12
Senior Member+

Huge Positives

Jaggers - now he can take a free kick & will provide a real option on the right next season

Evil - quality & will frighten many this season. Odds for conference top goalscorer?

Cav - fantastic

Halford - Played very well & scored at the right end

Most others where good to average but the main plus was we beat a Div 3 team 2-0, kept a clean sheet, played two mainly reserve teams & it didn't rain! :engsmil:

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 10:24   #13
Senior Member+

Can we not report the number 5 to the F.A.???

Absolute disgrace..........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 10:47   #14

he was headbutted and so reacted.
Old 15-07-2004, 10:51   #15
Senior Member+

He wasnt headbutted he got caught with Jonathon Smith's arm......

Who was he anyway......sore loser and complete idiot.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..