Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2009, 15:51   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Trust !!!.

Posted via Mobile Device
Don go now. Rob is stanley in his heart, but would you go with your boss to the almost certain death of the club of your heart ?
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2009, 16:02   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I know exactly where you are coming from and although I want to agree with you,I can't help feeling that Rob Heyes is only the messenger .At the end of the day he is an employee and I assume ( maybe wrongly) that he is only delivering the messages that he has been told to deliver. As for D On , I really, really did give him the benefit of the doubt , I thought he had not been given the chances he needed. How gullible I was, I will trust that man no more, never. How he could look folk in the eyes and suggest the sleepless nights be left to him, well I hope he has lots of them . He needs to go NOW.
My thoughts exactly.Rob is an employee of the DONs. I wouldn't be in a hurry to hang him. I'm picking every statement and action he did publicly was to a 'script' prepared by MARCELLE and the DON.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 16:13   #48
Resting In Peace

Re: Tonight's Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
and Ilyas has passed his shares over,hasn't he?
Not legally. The transfer has not been registered at Companies House yet so leaglly Ilyas still owns the shares.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 16:13   #49
God Member

Just a reminder that inappropiate language, provocation & insults will not be tollerated at accyweb, please refer to forum rules or face post deletion, infractions & possible bans! I understand emotions are very high atm but its not an excuse. Any problems with posts please report them or pm me - thanks. Sensible discussion & debate are perfectly fine but should not resort to bad language nor personal insults, this also be a consideration for people whom are not on the forum, you can be unhappy with the running or management of the club but please think carefully about how you express that point, just a side note in fairness.

Threads merged with trust.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 29-10-2009 at 16:33.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 17:06   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
My thoughts exactly.Rob is an employee of the DONs. I wouldn't be in a hurry to hang him. I'm picking every statement and action he did publicly was to a 'script' prepared by MARCELLE and the DON.
I disagree

Rob Heys has lied to the fans.
Rob Heys has deceived the fans
Rob Heys has a track record if incompetence in his job.

Im sorry, but he is not chief exec material.

It doesn't matter how much you support or love a club, if your not up to the job and you have a poor track record you must stand down.
The role and responsibilities are beyond him.

Being a fan is not an excuse for inability.

Last edited by DAV007; 29-10-2009 at 17:08.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 17:13   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I disagree

It doesn't matter how much you support or love a club, if your not up to the job and you have a poor track record you must stand down.

Couldent agree more!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 17:20   #52
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I disagree

Do you not think that poor performance sometimes comes down to poor leadership? With the right leadership and mentoring even the poorest of individuals can become key assets.

Lets not forget the mantra at Accrington Stanley has for so long been too beg, borrow or steal…many of these lads and lasses have put countless hours in for the club and us for very little pay, again, if Mr. Khan is going to bankroll the club for seasons to come then maybe you can afford people who know it all and perform on demand, until then we have to be sensible and accommodating because without many of these people and I include many supporters, we wouldn’t have a club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 18:00   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
I know exactly where you are coming from and although I want to agree with you,I can't help feeling that Rob Heyes is only the messenger.
And as such, colluded in the lies being peddled in his messenger role. If he disagreed with what he was being asked to say, he could/should have refused to say it. Let's not forget that he "empathised" with Peter Marsden when the latter resigned.

Anyway, he is not "only the messenger". He is the Chief Executive and, as such, is one of those who should have been displaying the leadership skills that have been mentioned so often and that have been so evidently lacking in recent weeks.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 18:04   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Doug mate "Wake Up n Smell The Coffee"
Old 29-10-2009, 18:08   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Do you not think that poor performance sometimes comes down to poor leadership? With the right leadership and mentoring even the poorest of individuals can become key assets.
I have to disagree totally, Doug. There are very many reasons for poor performance in any walk of life. Sometimes people simply do not have the skills required for a job, and will never have them no matter what the leadership or mentoring. Sometimes people are promoted beyong their level of competence.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 18:11   #56
Full Member+

Just like Eric Whalley still owns his shares.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 18:18   #57
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Doug mate "Wake Up n Smell The Coffee"
I have Cashy; I’m being realistic; Mr Khan and Mr. Marsden aren’t local and certainly won’t be bankrolling the club long term; Mr. Khan makes clear he doesn’t want to own/run the club, so who’s going to be doing it if you clear out the board.

Accrington Stanley as been virtually bankrupt throughout its history and the coming months won’t be any different, a supporters trust will take a couple of seasons to be effective, even then the “then owner” will have to agree to float/sell.

Mr Khan as done a wonderful deed for the club and the supporters but I doubt much will really change in the short term, I think the best we can hope for is Mr. O’Neil agrees to sell sooner rather than later.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-10-2009, 18:21   #58
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I have to disagree totally, Doug. There are very many reasons for poor performance in any walk of life. Sometimes people simply do not have the skills required for a job, and will never have them no matter what the leadership or mentoring. Sometimes people are promoted beyong their level of competence.

I don't wholly disagree Revived Red.......What I'm trying to get at is when these people have been chased from the crown who’s picking up the mantle?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-10-2009, 18:35   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't wholly disagree Revived Red.......What I'm trying to get at is when these people have been chased from the crown who’s picking up the mantle?

At this moment in time, i dont care if its a monk from outer mongolia, id rather have him run it, than those fools currently at the helm!

They have almost destroyed our club and should hang their heads in shame.

However we are THE CLUB WOULDENT DIE!!!

Hopefully change is in the air.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2009, 18:49   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Mr Khan as done a wonderful deed for the club and the supporters but I doubt much will really change in the short term, I think the best we can hope for is Mr. O’Neil agrees to sell sooner rather than later.
not much of a hope mate alledgedly he don't fully own em, so if thats so,how can he sell.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..