Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2007, 05:49   #16
God Member

Re: tonite v rochdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
jeeze who rattled your cage!!!
10 blokes in red shirts and one dressed as a pixie (well he was wearing a green shirt and tights) running aimlessly round a big muddy field whilst a short balding chap with a scouse accent shouted obscenities and kicked a breeze-block wall.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2007, 06:19   #17
God Member

I always look for the positive
I did actually have one Best Cheeseburger I have had for along time

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:42   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettler View Post
Rate the players...Branch 0/10, Rocky 0/10..Coleman 1/10
This was an absolute rubbish display. The team have had ten days to prepare and they looked tired and unable to string together more than one pass. Rochdale wanted to win and did so well with ten men. Paul Ince was here tonight to watch the opposition...He has no worries.
Maybe we put on that crap display to make Incey think we're crap - lull him into a false sense of security so on Saturday he plays a weakened team and we stuff 'em out of sight - good tactics Coley
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04   #19
Resting In Peace

Last night we started 5-3-2, a formation which has been working well away from home but not at home. Rochdale started 4-4-2. Perkins was sent off, Rochdale immediately changed their formation taking off a striker and replacing him with a midfielder and playing 4-4-1. Stanley kept to 5-3-2. Five Stanley defenders against one Rochdale striker, three Stanley midfielders against Rochdale's four and two strikers against Rochdales four defenders. Rochdale controlled the midfield and effectively the game. We have Richardson (a left back) playing at right back, we have a statue (Branch) playing at left back and we have one of our best defenders (Edwards) warming the bench. Later on in the game when we were losing Coley decided to put Richardson more forward on the wing and put Rocky out to right back. Why not just leave Richardson where he should be, take Rocky off and put Boco on the wing ? Rochdale's first goal came from a Stanley free kick on the edge of the penalty area, when they scored four of our defenders were on the half way line. Rochdale's second goal came from a corner - five Stanley defenders around one Rochdale striker who managed to beat all five to the ball and put it in the back of the net. Tactically we are rubbish. 'Johnny Coleman football genius' don't make me laugh. It's about time we all stopped looking at life through red tinted glasses and faced up to reality. The management team is not good enough, some of our players were not even good enough for the Conference yet they are first choice in the Football League. Coley's favourites are the first on the team sheet when they are fit - Cav, Rocky, Procky, and Mully - personally I don't think any of that four are good enough for the Football League. Put all four on the transfer list and see if any Football League club comes in with an offer for them - I don't think so. Things have to change and change fast before we return to non-league.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:08   #20
God Member

Have to agree with that Jeff - and the changes should start at the top. When I came into work this morning, one of the lads asked me if John Coleman had quit because he had heard some of his comments on the radio after the game last night apparently saying he couldn't take much more or something to that effect. How the hell does he think watching games like that makes the fans feel, having to endure his inept attempts at tactics. It's his job to turn things around but it's just not happening.
In the past, even if we've been beaten you could usually guarantee an entertaining match to watch - unfortunately not any more.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
John Coleman had quit because he had heard some of his comments on the radio after the game last night apparently saying he couldn't take much more or something to that effect.
I caught part of it and he mentioned somethiong about he would have a heart attack if he had to put up with much more like last night. Pretty sure I heard him also say that Rochdale only had 2 shots all game, didn't sound like that on 2BR, pretty sure I heard them say Mullin had cleared 2 off the line.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:25   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I caught part of it and he mentioned somethiong about he would have a heart attack if he had to put up with much more like last night. Pretty sure I heard him also say that Rochdale only had 2 shots all game, didn't sound like that on 2BR, pretty sure I heard them say Mullin had cleared 2 off the line.
Mully did clear at least one off the line, we also had a lucky escape when one stuck in the mud on their goal line.
Strange about these reports on the radio though, we had the Rochdale reporters behind us & at times they seemed to be watching a totally different game to the one we were seeing - also when our lot were singing 'you're just a small town near Bacup', they insisted they aren't even in the same county & reckoned Rochdale is actually in Greater Manchester
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49   #23

It's just as well Perkins was sent of otherwise we would have had a right king hammering.
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27   #24
Senior Member+

I didn't want to post last night as I was so angry about what I'd seen that I feared I'd post an extremely negative rant. I thought I may feel better today, but like Wynnonie said on another thread, I don't feel any better at all. I'm just glad that there isn't another home game this Saturday, or I might consider not going at all.

Things seem to be going from bad to worse. The display last night was the worst I've seen in a long, long time. Did the Rochdale 'keeper have a save to make all night? Apart from routine stuff, I don't think so.

To try to get a handle of things I began to think about whether the team we have now is better than the team that narrowly missed relegation last season. Has the manager addressed the obvious problems we had last year, or have his signings failed to make a difference?
Here are my thoughts:

Kenny Arthur - unfortunate to get injured. I think Kenny has been a good signing and would have been a major player if he'd stayed fit.

Roscoe Dsane - has shown glimpses of quality, but misses too many one-on-ones. Still a decent signing I think.

Sean Webb - has looked ok, but has often been omitted from the team in favour of others. We still leak goals like a sieve, so obviously it isn't right.

Mark Roberts - looks ok and always tries hard, but is he significantly better than Welsh? Is this signing a significant move towards a better defence? The goals against record says not.

Now we come to real negatives.....

Graham Branch - Looks a million miles off the pace and largely disinterested. A friend of mine said that he'd seen Branch half-heartedly 'warming up' before the game. That isn't the kind of player we need.

Paul Carden - obviously a flop and now out on loan at Cambridge

John Miles - another major flop. Nothing more to add.

Lee McEvilly - as above. Not even here anymore.

So Coleman brought in these players to improve the team. Apart from a couple of examples from above, has he done his job? Is he motivating the team? Is there a selection of tactics? Do we change our tactics to counteract the opposition? Do we respond when things aren't working?
Personally, I don't think so.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46   #25
God Member

Are there any tactics me thinks JC puts players out & hope for the best IMHO

Being there very early last night there was noticeable difference straight away as soon as players turned up to the ground, Rochdale's lot were up for it music going, laughing about with each other - ours looked solemn as they appeared if they were going to a funeral - thats my observation. Something is not right in camp with the players & that was distinctly obvious on pitch, no real communication between them, no confidence, no position play to intercept balls nor pass, players were here there & everywhere but not where they should be, huge gaps, no desire for goal & plenty of 'oh he will go for it i'll not bother atttitude' presuming that another player will be psychic, apathy is not only with the fans its with our own players too

Think drastic action needs to be taken soon before it gets worse.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 14:27   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Being there very early last night there was noticeable difference straight away as soon as players turned up to the ground, Rochdale's lot were up for it music going, laughing about with each other - ours looked solemn as they appeared if they were going to a funeral
Definitely agree. I turned up at about half an hour before kick off and it was clear even then that we were going to lose. There was just no energy!
The total lack of nouse in the playing staff of late is clear, however I do still believe we've got the best management team we could possibly have.
I believe the problems on the pitch have filtered down right from the top.
Accrington Stanley has a stale feel about it this season, both off and on the pitch - we need new life at the top in my opinion.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 14:34   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Definitely agree. I turned up at about half an hour before kick off and it was clear even then that we were going to lose. There was just no energy!
The total lack of nouse in the playing staff of late is clear, however I do still believe we've got the best management team we could possibly have.
I believe the problems on the pitch have filtered down right from the top.
Accrington Stanley has a stale feel about it this season, both off and on the pitch - we need new life at the top in my opinion.
Glad i wasn't imagining it hehe, yeh i agree with you, as much as it pains me to say new life at the top is definately needed as soon as really before damage is done permanently where apathy sets in & rots the club.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 14:39   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We have Richardson (a left back) playing at right back, .
thing you will find he started off as a right back whilst playing for rovers so that is his original position,

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 16:09   #29
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
thing you will find he started off as a right back whilst playing for rovers so that is his original position,
How many games did he play for Rovers at right back, and how many games has he played for Stanley at left back. Maybe Rovers played him in his wrong position as well.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 16:22   #30
God Member

I was really ****ed off yesterday.First text from Cowboy informs me we are playing 10, second we are 1-0 up.Then like the weather did here,it turns to custard. Despite all the rheteric(sp) about 10 players lifting their game,there can be NO excuse for missing out after 80 minutes of 11 vs 10.
Shame on you Stanley.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..