Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2011, 18:51   #31
God Member

Question Re: Torquay United Match Thread..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fer my money,best display of season, 4/5 of em could of got MoM n no arguement, only minus was the stupidity of Dunbavin, who shoulda been sent off at 1-0, if he had of been could of cost us the match imho.
On the subject of M.O.M Who was it, as along with the crowd figure, I have not got a clue on either????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2011, 19:16   #32
Super Moderator

Re: Torquay United Match Thread..............

Crowd 1402

MOM, sorry not my department!! ( yes I'm a jobsworth!!)
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 19:50   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
On the subject of M.O.M Who was it, as along with the crowd figure, I have not got a clue on either????

Bryan Hughes, man of the match. Selected by Graham Jones.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 21:35   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
There were some great performances by the reds today but Hughes was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Hope we can hang on to him.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 22:49   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Nah yeh could hear nowt on Clayton End were we stand AGAIN.

Quote:
Can't argue wi that, notice graham kept out of our way before the game today,i wonder why.
Old 18-12-2011, 01:30   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Like to see Lukes sending off,as he punched there lad in the back,after being pulled back!!, i am afraid violent conduct is a 3 game ban.
From what I've seen on Aunty Beeb tonight it looks like Luke was a bit free and easy with the profanities and the ref didn't like what he heard!!!! If so...He'll learn !!!

That said.....Luke will now feel under threat for his place now he's lost it to a silly suspension....in a team that is clicking into gear....

I was doubting a month or two ago.......now I'm starting to think that feeling was ill founded.....the maestro and his able sidekick seem to have got the boys into the same "siege mentallity" that we showed in the latter part of last season.

Here's hoping for three more christmas gifts (points) from the umpalloompas up the road at Morecambe, three more from our struggling Welsh friends and we're starting to cook with gas !!!!

COME ON YOOOOOOU REDS !!!!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 07:02   #37
God Member

Smile Re: Torquay United Match Thread..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Crowd 1402

MOM, sorry not my department!! ( yes I'm a jobsworth!!)
Quote:
Cheers to you both for that,as Cashy said, it was hard to even hear the subs!!

Very good crowd really and cannot disagree with M.O.M.!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 10:27   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Make no mistake,torquay were no mugs,winning 5 and drawing 1 of there last 6 games.
But as last week,Acci just dismantled them,21 attempts on goal to there 4,tells its own story.
Once again playing 4-3-3,they had no answer to our movement when attacking,and they never got near Hughes,who ran the game.
Lots of solid performances,and we never got involved with them they got frustrated.
Everyone seems to know there job,and theres a nice shape/pattern about the team.
There sending off was out of order,and he has left his mark on Dean,who really shouldnt have played the second half,but then again there all scared of losing there place in the team!!!.
Like to see Lukes sending off,as he punched there lad in the back,after being pulled back!!, i am afraid violent conduct is a 3 game ban.
All said,it looks like were on a roll again,fasten the seat belts
Luke was sent off for use of foul and abusive language not violent conduct, so is it 3 or 1?
Pity work is getting in the way of me getting to games, cannot even do the customary Morecambe trip due to work commitments (well someone has to look after Lancashire)

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 13:41   #39
Senior Member+

Ozzy,think you will find it was for violent conduct,and Acci wont be appealing as you have to have evidence,and there isnt any!!
There CB,Ellis,tugged joycy and he retaliated with a little dig.
If you see the highlights,Ellis complains,but the ref had already seen it.
Its defo a 3 match ban,which is a pity,as his name is the first on my team sheet at present and is playing out of his skin.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 13:43   #40
Senior Member+

Well Ive had to miss a few away games due to work etc, but for me that is the best we have played this season. Granted Torquay didnt offer much, somehow I dont think they like playing at our wonderful stadium

Quick mention for the pitch, which I thought again was excellent considering the weather we have had in the last week.

Agreed with most of the other points, thought Hughes in particular was magnificent, his time on the ball was a joy to watch at times. Also scored a great goal.

Stockley I thought had a great game. Did EVERYTHING Coley asked of him, and as for the goal, WOW. Dont think ive ever seen a better strike at our ground !!! Im praying we can keep him and Long in particular till the end of the season. Who knows what could happen.

Only sour note was Joyce with the Red, cant blame anybody else but himself, the ref had warned him before. Maybe a chance for Coid or Barnett to get a start. Nice to see Coley has some options available again.

Oh and I must mention Bav's moment of madness............ What was he playing at?? lucky not to get a red there aswell the fool. Why cant he just stick to what he's good at, making bloody saves !!!!

Roll on Boxing Day!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2011, 13:45   #41
Senior Member+

Also good news we are keeping Micah Evans till the end of the season.
Old 18-12-2011, 14:00   #42
Senior Member+

Agree with you there smudge,loads of competition for places,bit more pace in the team as well.
Regarding Joycey missing,I would be tempted to bring hessey back,move Dean to RB,and play murphy in the holding role.
This is based on 2 away games and defensively,hes better than charlie.
Then again,I think I may be getting a bit negative in my old age,as this new attacking policy we have is a bit alien,following our 2 holding midfielder system
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 19:16   #43
Senior Member+

Match highlights................

BBC Sport - Highlights - Accrington 3-1 Torquay
Old 20-12-2011, 09:54   #44

On the south west local news the reporter was complaining about the pitch (it looked very good on TV, certainly compared to how it's always been) and saying that it was the worst ground in the country to play at. Long may it remain so.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 13:53   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
On the south west local news the reporter was complaining about the pitch (it looked very good on TV, certainly compared to how it's always been) and saying that it was the worst ground in the country to play at. Long may it remain so.
Apart from the corner spots it was in great nick,considering the weather we'd had, the southern softy was probably just making excuses cos we stuffed em. imho

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..