Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2007, 16:47   #1
God Member

U-turn

I held out as long as I could, but now even I must concede that it is time for the management team to be replaced.

We are tactically inept.
A recent example:

Today versus Shrewsbury, we played 4-4-2. Or rather, that was the lie put before us. Our midfield consisted of three central midfield players and a fellow in a complete world of his own named Miles. No one played on the right of midfield throughout the entire game.
Strike one Coley.
Holding on to a 1-0 lead until half time should have done wonders for confidence, rarely have we done so at home this season, however the "football genius'" team talk left us 2-1 down within 23 minutes of the restart.
Strike 2, sir.
As the visitors held on to their lead, a substitution was in order. Did we see Boco or McGivern brought on to impose an ounce of attacking prowess? Nope. A defender, Phil Edwards, is brought on to the field. So, what's this? Defending a defeat now?? We did not see another striker on the field to replace the ineffective Dsane until 6 minutes from time.
Strike 3.

The losing doesn't bother me at all; honestly. I would be more than happy to revisit the lower league sides again if I could be safe in the knowledge that we gave our all in the chance we had at the big time, and all resources were used to the full. However when this consistently half arsed display is paraded in front of us, it's clear to see that things need to change.

Do us all a favour and quit while we have a chance Mr Coleman.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2007, 17:11   #2
God Member

Re: U-turn

One more thing; Coleman's idiotic act of banning the Observer from talking to the players (because of one measly opinion poll) and hereby getting rid of Cav's column was nothing short of petulant.
Get a grip man, your team is performing extremely below par, take the flack like a man.

Last edited by shakermaker; 22-12-2007 at 17:14.
Old 22-12-2007, 17:13   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
One more thing; Coleman's idiotic act of banning the Observer from talking to the players and hereby getting rid of Cav's column was nothing short of petulant.
Get a grip man, your team is performing extremely below par, take the flack like a man.

That i did find childish & pathetic was that, at the end of the day he is supposed to manage our team - the ones we come & pay to watch at least play well, maybe he just cant accept the truth

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 17:16   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I held out as long as I could, but now even I must concede that it is time for the management team to be replaced.

We are tactically inept.
A recent example:

Today versus Shrewsbury, we played 4-4-2. Or rather, that was the lie put before us. Our midfield consisted of three central midfield players and a fellow in a complete world of his own named Miles. No one played on the right of midfield throughout the entire game.
Strike one Coley.
Holding on to a 1-0 lead until half time should have done wonders for confidence, rarely have we done so at home this season, however the "football genius'" team talk left us 2-1 down within 23 minutes of the restart.
Strike 2, sir.
As the visitors held on to their lead, a substitution was in order. Did we see Boco or McGivern brought on to impose an ounce of attacking prowess? Nope. A defender, Phil Edwards, is brought on to the field. So, what's this? Defending a defeat now?? We did not see another striker on the field to replace the ineffective Dsane until 6 minutes from time.
Strike 3.

The losing doesn't bother me at all; honestly. I would be more than happy to revisit the lower league sides again if I could be safe in the knowledge that we gave our all in the chance we had at the big time, and all resources were used to the full. However when this consistently half arsed display is paraded in front of us, it's clear to see that things need to change.

Do us all a favour and quit while we have a chance Mr Coleman.
Have to say that in my opinion, Miles had a half decent game today, He made some very timely tackles in midfield as well as in defence, and was unlucky not to have scored in the second half, had his shot blocked and it was on target and would probably have had the Keeper beaten, otherwise I completely agree with you

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 17:23   #5
God Member

Admittedly I thought Miles had one of his few half-decent games for us. Looked lively in places and as you say cowboy had a decent crack at goal or two. He is purely in a world of his own though, looking more like a spare boot lace than an integral part of the team. Saying that - any displays of team work with our boys lately have been extremely few and far between.
Old 22-12-2007, 17:56   #6

what proven manager is going to come to stanley for a below average salary, below average wage budget, below average transfer funds (practically nothing), below average support,etc. Is the question - Has JC taken us as far as he can? or have WE (stanley) gone as far as we can?
I think if we got a new manager he would almost certainly come from the place were most of our players come from non-league. Jim Harvey is a good friend of eric but would he be better than coley?
Coley has an eye for talent and has missed out on players that would of taken us to the top half of this league mcclean & bishop up front? what might of been.
I honestly cannot see anybody doing a better job than coley on his financial resources.
I think maximum loans for the new year, A keeper, 1 defender, 2 midfielders/wingers and a striker. And if none of those budding 16-19 year old youth prospects arnt knocking on the door of this shabby 1st team then they all want sacking too.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:05   #7
God Member

What was the name of the kid who got a run in the last game of last season?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:05   #8
Senior Member+

No one has ever done better for Stanley on current resources than John Coleman and no one ever will.

Walter Galbraith at least had 6000 gates.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
grant i think
Old 22-12-2007, 18:09   #10
God Member

A bit of a chicken & egg situ really, because with play at home being not clever viewing - who wants to come & watch drivel on the pitch week after week, thus fore dwindling gate money that is essential to put back into the club for manager disposal.

What will bring back the crowds is a bit of good play & management, creating the optimism of fans coming back week after week. It is essential our home support is crutial, its bad when loyal supporters have had enough & reconsider spending in the club.

So which is it, fresh blood or keep as we are, we keep as we are we wont have any money for purchase of players & wages nevermind the little we do have

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:11   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
And if none of those budding 16-19 year old youth prospects arnt knocking on the door of this shabby 1st team then they all want sacking too.
From what I have seen of the tables both the reserves and youth teams seem to have improved on last year so that must be a good sign. Problem with kids is that it's a numbers game and if you get 1 a season who comes up through the ranks then you are doing extremely well. The good ones are always creamed off by the big money clubs.
Old 22-12-2007, 18:13   #12

I dont think the appointment of derek egan would bring supporters flooding back through the turnstiles. But if we could pull a stevenage off with a peter taylor maybe. But they know all about the higher class football and not too much of grassroots as stated by Jim Smith.
Old 22-12-2007, 18:15   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Robert "Bobby" Grant, scored a cracker from 30 yards when I saw him in the reserves this year, and a decent all round game. Personally would like to see him getting more involvement with the first team, worth a try.

Although, not sure how you break into the first team from the reserves.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:16   #14
God Member

Juventus have not had ANY player come through their massive youth scheme and graduate to the first team in 15 years.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 18:18   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Although, not sure how you break into the first team from the reserves.
It's a good question Oggy, and it also begs the question for a club with limited resource, do you spend money on a set up with no benefit ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..