Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2011, 12:14   #16

Re: ultras website

Cashman the comments you've made are quite patronising and undermining towards us. A question was asked and we answered plain & simple.

You have now caused a rift with comments such as 'a forum helps those who aint very mobile,or to young but that don't matter,if yeh don't give a toss about people like that' and more so 'bit difficult fer yeh to comprehend i realise'.

We might be young but we're certainly not stupid.
Old 23-12-2011, 12:14   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
When you're dealing with very small numbers, face-to-face interaction is always preferable.
My point exactly
Old 23-12-2011, 12:59   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Cashman the comments you've made are quite patronising and undermining towards us. A question was asked and we answered plain & simple.

You have now caused a rift with comments such as 'a forum helps those who aint very mobile,or to young but that don't matter,if yeh don't give a toss about people like that' and more so 'bit difficult fer yeh to comprehend i realise'.

We might be young but we're certainly not stupid.
it wasn't me who first quoted "Fact" i stated another fact, if yeh don't like that, aint much i can do about it, its called looking at the bigger picture.
Old 23-12-2011, 13:59   #19

it's proven throughout the world communication & business that verbal communication/ face to face interaction is a much more powerful tool, ask the vast amount of professionals and business gurus. Hence the use of the word fact, in support of our recent activity.

Let's refer to your comment 'if ya dont give a toss about like that'. Straight to the point that isnt a FACT, that is what you think. The 'ultras' embrace everyones view & opinions and for you to then question, why and what we are doing with an accusation that we only cater for our own is not really fact.

Over and out. Forums are for a discussion, all good to me MERRY CHRISTMAS Ya Owd Fart. See you boxing

Bigger Picture = STANLEY PLAYOFFS.
Old 23-12-2011, 14:10   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ok merry christmas to you, i will explain where i'm coming from it may help. The Ultras are a great little band, wi a good rep amonst fans of the lower divisions that is fact, but there will come a time when many of yeh fer obvious reasons are no longer Ultras- only in mind, and then what happens? the band gets even smaller, a forum like yeh got, gives young uns a opportunity to see the craic n maybe some will then become ultras, n therefore a better chance of the band surviving n growing,simple as.
Old 23-12-2011, 14:44   #21

Totally agree with that cashy. It's In our nature to pass on the 'ultra' vibe. Young ones are very impressionable and 90% of the converting if you wanna call that is done In the stands, you can see the amount of young lads getting In on the scene, and a number of em are starting to come away trips it's all good cashman

P.s my first comment was made In jest and with an element of sarcasm but it seemed to provoke a little discussion so I gladly Complied.

All the best
Old 23-12-2011, 15:36   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Totally agree with that cashy. It's In our nature to pass on the 'ultra' vibe. Young ones are very impressionable and 90% of the converting if you wanna call that is done In the stands, you can see the amount of young lads getting In on the scene, and a number of em are starting to come away trips it's all good cashman

P.s my first comment was made In jest and with an element of sarcasm but it seemed to provoke a little discussion so I gladly Complied.

All the best
Thats what i'm trying to get at, as yeh say 90% of the converting is done in the stands, which means yeh got to get em yon in the first place,in my view any forum is always visited by Robots @ Guests, some guests are interested,come back a few times,maybe even join the forum, then pop up on clayton end. the way i see things a forum were no-one posts fer months,is hardly likely to get new members that way. shame but thats the way of the world.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..