Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 08:17   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: vs hereford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLandlord HUFC View Post
Shocked when the lino "gave" the second goal.....didn't look to be over the line to me. However, I thought we deserved the points on the balance of play. Interesting to read that Mullin and Craney were "absent"....I thought they were the only two threats. Mullin won plenty of flicks and lay-offs but lacked support apart from Craney's onrushes. Defence looked beaten once the second "went in". Enjoyed The Crown and thanks for letting us park our minibus there.
You certainly deserved the points, even without the second "goal". The main difference between the sides for me was your attack, which showed great interplay to get behind our defence on numerous occasions. We just ran up blind alleys, and not having any idea about shooting didn't help either. Turner has done a fantastic job but I just wonder how the reliance on so many loan signings will work when you win the play-offs and have to compete in the 1st div. next season. How many have you on loan at the mo, including Macdonald?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-03-2008, 08:38   #47

I to thought Hereford were the better team yesterday, they could have been a few up by half time, they were far better going forward than we were and played with more imagination.
Mannix left the pitch at half time with the cleanest pair of shorts, which for a midfield player tells you how much battling he did, useless.
Whalley would not get in a team of mine, all he`s got is pace nothing else.
I thought the majority of players did try and at times we did look ok,but the continued hoof it up the pitch tactic is wearing very thin now, i know the surface wasn`t the best for getting it down and playing fancy football, but i thought Hereford coped a lot better with the condition of the pitch than we did.
I thought before the game that we would be lucky to get anything out of it,as Hereford are up where they are for a reason, so i wasn`t to upset with the result, just a few of the players lack of comitment.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:58   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The main difference between the sides for me was your attack, which showed great interplay to get behind our defence on numerous occasions.
On second thoughts, it wasn't just their attack. They always seemed to have a man available all over the pitch for the simple ball to advance without the need for the big hoof. To get a team as well drilled as that must take some very clued up coaching.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:01   #49
Senior Member+

I spoke to a Hereford fan who's a qualified referee. He had a better view of the second goal than most and didn't think it had crossed the line - but couldn't be absolutely certain. I'm amazed that the liner thought it had.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:27   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
How many have you on loan at the mo, including Macdonald?
I believe they have 7 players on loan.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:30   #51

you did deserved the win
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:17   #52

Quote:
You certainly deserved the points, even without the second "goal". The main difference between the sides for me was your attack, which showed great interplay to get behind our defence on numerous occasions. We just ran up blind alleys, and not having any idea about shooting didn't help either. Turner has done a fantastic job but I just wonder how the reliance on so many loan signings will work when you win the play-offs and have to compete in the 1st div. next season. How many have you on loan at the mo, including Macdonald?
The answer is seven. However, the rules are the same for everyone. Also, a lot of the better, young players around in League 2 and 1 are only prepared to sign contracts for a maximum of a year in case an opportunity comes along from a higher club. Little difference between 1 year contracts and season long loans IMO.

Last edited by ExLandlord HUFC; 09-03-2008 at 11:20.
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 14:23   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLandlord HUFC View Post
Little difference between 1 year contracts and season long loans IMO.
The better young players will prefer to sign a longer deal with a bigger club at a higher wage and come out on a year's loan to a League 1 or 2 club - possibly with that club only defraying a percentage of that wage and the big club paying the rest to signing a one year contract with a smaller club at a percentage of that wage and no bigger club to top it up.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 19:05   #54

how can he be twice related to you???
Old 10-03-2008, 10:58   #55
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Negatives:
Aswad was awful today- what's happened to him?
Aswad was left on his own on the left side as Jay Harris kept wandering all over the pitch instead of looking after the left flank
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30   #56
Senior Member+

jay should be in the centre! when he plays in the centre roll he is much better! still he gave 110% on sat

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 13:05   #57

i always think jay gives 100 percent
Old 10-03-2008, 13:31   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I spoke to a Hereford fan who's a qualified referee. He had a better view of the second goal than most and didn't think it had crossed the line - but couldn't be absolutely certain. I'm amazed that the liner thought it had.
I can clearly say as did several Hereford fans the ball was a good foot away from the line when Kenny hoofed it. My vantage point- with the stewards to the right of Herefords goal. Quote of the day from a Hereford fan on way out " We didn't pay the liner a penny, honest! 1-0 down a chance, vs 11 players + an official no chance!
Lets get back on track against the shrimps on Wed lads-please.
Old 10-03-2008, 19:40   #59
Senior Member+

Clearly Graham Turner thinks they may have been lucky to get the second goal:

TURNER: WE NEEDED THAT WIN | Coca Cola League 2 Football Transfer News, Football News, Fixtures, Results, Match Reports, Stats

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 19:55   #60
Full Member+

i thought it was a joke when they said it was a goal it didnt look in from my view, i had to keep checking the scores on my phone to see if it was really a goal lol.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..