Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2007, 20:33   #91
I am Banned

Re: vs Maccelsfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
You can see me any time hun. I was going to stay on but HR was hogging the bar and I had to have the car off the car park within 45 min after the match.
Stopped till end & no mention of the shirt u was on about so couldnt pass on the message
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-04-2007, 20:39   #92
Member.

Bu**er, where's mi Shirt............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 20:46   #93
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Bu**er, where's mi Shirt............
Probably hidden in changing room somewhere
Old 28-04-2007, 20:49   #94
God Member

jfhasdfjklah a.v favagf asxasd

yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!
afds
Old 28-04-2007, 20:50   #95
Senior Member+

I was in the middle of the Clayton End close to the drum and the Ultras to roar Stanley home.

Paradoxically my tenth and last previous Stanley match this season was the 3 - 3 draw at Macc.

Like Woking its one of those afternoons I will always remember.

Apart from the last 20 minutes of the second half Stanley were always the dominant side 4-2 would not have flattered them.

Both Macc goals were well worked though we would have seen off at least one of them if Robbie Williams had been fully mobile at the time.

The way Proccie's shot hit the inner stanchion was very reminiscent of Craney's free kick goal I saw back in the Autumn. It had a wicked curl which gave their keeper no chance.

I've bought my ticket and I'll be at MK next week.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 20:52   #96
God Member

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d
Old 28-04-2007, 20:54   #97
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Yep, me too. This Johnny Walker Red Label is going down a treat!
Old 28-04-2007, 20:55   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

You must have spent a lot in the bar... shame you couldn't hit it
Old 28-04-2007, 20:55   #99
I am Banned

Should of said hi to us accywebstanley contingent right side of goals Haggis, have to say the fans support today was tremendous - i think at long last most of the clayton end was singing along with the Ultras crew & the drummers were on form, Diesel where did your hair go?????
Old 28-04-2007, 20:55   #100
God Member

Same here haggis - I thought of Craney's goal when it went in, I also had the same stomach churning feeling near the end that I had at woking

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 21:04   #101
Super Moderator

Cracking atmosphere! I ended up hugging complete strangers at the final whistle. I wonder how that prat of a number 9 is feeling now? Don't cross the Clayton End because it'll come back on you!
Old 28-04-2007, 21:28   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Cracking 2nd goal by Proctor. Don't recall the Stanley keeper having a save to make in the first half yet picked the ball out of the net twice

Couldn't see the far end but I'm not convinced he had a save to make then either
So you came in the end did you? Hope you bought your little 'un her chips . You know you made the right decision in the end!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 21:35   #103
Senior Member+

Was craking atmosphere there was buzz before the game and mostly during which helped the team on aswell, i even saw the main stand move a little ! Hehe

Was great crowd surfing by squaddie aswell btw!! Haha Was great atmosphere at the end by everyone and very packed in the club house afterwards with great noise in there aswell! Great day , so its party time at mkdons then !!!!!!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 21:46   #104
I am Banned

Squaddie said n clubhouse afterwards he did 3 crowd surfs well chuffed hehehe Be interesting to see the championship tommoz to see if the atmosphere & noise comes off as loud & proud as it really was
Old 28-04-2007, 21:47   #105
Senior Member+

[quote=accymel;417093]Should of said hi to us accywebstanley contingent right side of goals Haggis, quote]

I was just above the goal pretty well central.

Funny that for all my time on this board and (distance notwithstanding) watchings of the team the only person I have identified as such is John Timmins. Sat in front of him at Macclesfield just to his left.

May be I could meet up with some of my fellow posters when I am next over.

I must say that its always a pleasure to watch Stanley and be back with proper Lancashire people in great Pennine scenery. I always return to East Yorkshire feeling that my batteries have been recharged with it all.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..