Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2007, 16:16   #16
I am Banned

Re: vs Notts County

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
crap game crap atmosphere crap Rogers crap mistake by Elliot crap Notts fans coming down the steps straight after the game crap beer crap mood
Gee not like you macca so its all summed up in one word CRAP! then mmmm i know the feeling
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2007, 16:17   #17

Just got back, Rogers can go back to which ever club he came from. What an idiot. We would have been better off without him then with him. Everytime he had the ball i was on edge. He kept passing it back to robbie who then was put under too much pressure.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 16:27   #18
God Member

I think I'd be better served by not posting again today, I was in a cant be arsed mood to start with and it was compounded by all events thereafter. Shove it
Old 13-01-2007, 16:47   #19
God Member

So my happy birthday didn't lift your mood then macca???

Really fed up, our defence need a right good kick up the backsides, it was horrendous

one positive was rommy back

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:04   #20

Can't understand for the life of me why we upset our already nervy back four by dropping our right back, playing our left back in his place and out of position and putting an overweight thug in the left back spot. Hopefully it will all feel better in the morning!
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:08   #21
God Member

In fairness Leam is right footed anyway and Baines was injured/unavailable.

But I take your point as Phil Edwards is a right back and cant get a place. Rogers possibly deserved a game and Coely has tracked him for a long time, but on todays showing he shouldn't get another game. The tackle was bad enough, but when their player jumped straight up at him his first reaction was throw punches. Amateur.

A big part of ouor problem this season has been the swapping and changing of players across the back four.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:16   #22
Senior Member+

The main reason why we keep swopping our back four is because it's not good enough.

Today I thought it was 100% effort from the players, but their ability just isn't up to this level. Being honest, with the current squad, we'd be bottom half of the Conference.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:18   #23

Stanley were the far better team today the result doesn`t reflect the performance. The atmosphere was a bit poor but if anyone else has got the same cold as me then I know why you didn`t feel like shouting much. Where the FFFFFFFFFFFFF is the drum I`ve never heard it since they said it was allowed. Some great passing spells today but a lot of excellent moves just came to nothing, their goalie had very safe hands and caught just about everything that came over the box, if he`d just fubmled a bit it would have been a whole different story. Our defence simply don`t inspire confidence, your hearts in your mouth every time it`s down our end, hey but lets face it that wasn`t that much today, i expexted a lot more from County but Macca should have saved a CRAP for them. Absolutely no way deserved 3 points. 2nd goal was purely an Elliot mistake, sorry Robbie we all make `em, but he pulled himself together and played well for the rest of the game. Podgers didn`t look too inspiring then 2 footed challenge followed by some afters, at least he took 1 of theirs with him and got everyone excited for a minute. Good to have Rommy back but I would have rested him when down to 10 and brought Joe on. Anyone any idea why Toddy went off cos he was our biggest threat all afternoon. Shaun Whalley did some great defence carving then forgot to give it to anyone.

Wasn`t uplifting for sure but I`m sorry to see U so down Macca, I`ll buy you a pint tomorrow night.

3 point off Mansfield is now ESSENTIAL.

Don`t lose faith, we can turn it around.
We`re Staying Up !

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:18   #24
God Member

nice to see Craney at half time even though we couldn't hear a word of his interview. I wonder what he thought of that shambles?
Old 13-01-2007, 17:29   #25
God Member

what happened to jacobson today?
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 17:30   #26
God Member

not much tbh
Old 13-01-2007, 17:31   #27
God Member

in a dire game we are getting nothing from we mad eonly one substitution and there was Jacobson, Edwards, Doherty left? ANY fresh impetus could have done something today.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:34   #28
Senior Member+

Coleman looks devoid of ideas and he seems to be having real problems getting better players in.
Old 13-01-2007, 17:35   #29

Zero

What game were you watching??? we got what we deserved today and that was nothing!!!! what have not got the players at the moment to handle playing league football. i know i'm going to get a load of crap for saying this but the following players are not league standard, Paul Mullin, Andrew Proctor, Robbie williams just to name a few that played today. Champions of non league is what the ultras sing but we might be back alot sooner then expected.
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 18:00   #30

Although we're all obviously disappointed (understatement) we're still only a few points away from mid table. Fortunatley for us the vast majority of league two is also crap.

With the return of Boco and, hopefully, another couple of quality additions in the next fortnight we could be somewhere near the team that won the Conference last season and get out of the brown stuff we're currently in. That's been the trouble - the Conference team we would have been challenging for the play offs, but the current side is nowhere near what we had last season.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..