Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2007, 18:08   #31
God Member

Re: vs Notts County

Every team turns in a 'shocker' or two during the season.9 times out of 10 they bounce back in the very next game.If we have one or two more 'regulars' availiable,a positive result will be achieved on Tuesday,of that I have no doubt.If restricted to the same squad as today,I still think a much improved effort will occur.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2007, 18:16   #32
God Member

Hereford 1 Mansfield 3

they dont appear to be missing their top scorer Richie Barker do they?

Its got to happen on tuesday
Old 13-01-2007, 18:26   #33
God Member

its not gonna happen on tuesday cant see where the spark is going to come from were to sluggish its like what i said before the beginning of the season we needed to sign a target man sorry but mullers is either playing out of position or just not good enough theres no point winning headers when you dont direct them towards a teamate or thers nobody running into a space where you direct them we didnt have a clue today....
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 19:42   #34

Totally agree. Although we're amongst the top scorers in the league, our forwards are never going to put the fear of god into the oposition. Unfortunatley there are a few other positions in the team were the same could be said. Here's hoping Coley redeems himself with a few signings in the next couple of weeks before it's too late. If he does, then we should all agree that he truly is the 'football genius' as he's got his work cut out to attract players to the FES.
Paper Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 20:15   #35
Senior Member+

The only positives out off todays result is that Torquay only managed a draw and Macclesfield lost so we are not in the relegation spot yet! nuff said.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 20:24   #36
Full Member+

That was a very poor performance to say we needed three points. County did`nt deserve it?, well they took their chances after some very sloppy defending so good luck to them. Second half we hardly had a shot on target and Pilkington had nothing to do. Maybe Coley can let some of the fans give a half time team talk, we`d put a rocket up their complacent *rses.
Good point of the day, we`re still not bottom!
Old 13-01-2007, 20:32   #37
Senior Member+

It's funny, but I don't see the team as complacent. I think they are giving all they can, but it's not enough.

I'd never criticise players for giving 100%. It's just that 100% of what they have to give isn't enough for the league we're in.
Old 13-01-2007, 20:38   #38
Full Member+

Gotta disagree TM, they knew it was a must win game and still did`nt fight every ball, giving possesion away to cheaply. I felt sorry for Rob Eliott, he looked twitchy between the sticks as he obviously has no confidence in the defence and neither do I!
Old 13-01-2007, 20:57   #39

Not sure how you can feel sorry for rob, it was a bad mistake for the second goal and his kicking was as bad as it has been for a while. Every other kick put us under pressure some didnt even get off the floor
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 21:02   #40

i must say though the wind was terible the first half it was blowing one way the next time i checked (about 5 mins later) it was blowing the other way..

and even thought it was robs fault. The defender should never have passed it back to him.(left hand side of goal) he slipped beause he was put under pressure, leaving him out of position... ?????
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 21:32   #41

It was an aerial challenge between whelch and lee if my memory serves me right and it was flicked on by one of them. I would never claim to be an expert on goalkeeping. mistakes with there feet i can live with but when its there hands we have got problems
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2007, 22:15   #42
Member.

Gutted, There's just nothing further I want to say.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 02:05   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rude-dog View Post
Not sure how you can feel sorry for rob, it was a bad mistake for the second goal and his kicking was as bad as it has been for a while. Every other kick put us under pressure some didnt even get off the floor
WHAT??? Has he got Dunbavin disease??? This is not good at all.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 07:49   #44
Senior Member+

Elliott isn't the player he was last year. His reflexes seem to be at about 90% and his overall fitness looks lacking. He's a good yard or more slower than he was and that showed yesterday when he was too slow to recover from his fumble, despite being favourite to get that ball.
Old 14-01-2007, 09:28   #45

I agree that rob doesnt look as good as he did last season but perhaps it because he is out under alot of pressure form the defence,losing gary and ian doesnt help beause they took the pressure of the defense.
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..