Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2023, 18:14   #16

Re: vs Sutton

See your glass is still half empty.
Chimer and BTLawson like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2023, 18:21   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thought we where Rubbish first half PRICHARD made the differance in the second half.were we played well.why oh whywas Prichard and Nelson not played in the first half they could have been subbed in second half if need be?
To be truthful Cashy, not the best display today, but we got the result

Pritchard did make a difference, but do not forget that we went 1-0 up at the very end of the half, so Sutton had to change their way

3 points was a must

Watchdog likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 18:22   #18
God Member

Pleased for Tommy also, lovely curled strike in the second half

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 19:55   #19
God Member

Thought it wasn't to bad a game to watch they were very physical and obviously play to that they could chances taken have gone in front on a couple of occasions but has we know bottom end of table and luck deserts you penalty drawn by the once again excellent Whalley goal in front the most important. Tha game plan was obviously to get 45 minutes into Shipley, move Longelo back and introduce the excellent Pritchard fit and playing well this lad brings everything missing, quick thinking, quick accurate passing the build up to the third was has good as you will see at any level. Players like Pritchard pull opposition players all over thus allowing the likes of Liegh and Coyle to find space and then add their skills both of them having excellent second half,s we killed the game off and they scored an excellent consolation good luck to Sutton not my cup of tea football but they never threw in the towel and contributed to an enjoyable afternoon.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 20:25   #20

Enjoyable game because it was a battle from start to finish and we scored 3 excellent goals in open play. It's mostly been said but I would just to like to nominate my man of the match Josh Andrews. Not on the score sheet but he led the line really well, compeated brilliantly with the Sutton back line all afternoon even though he was constantly fouled. His perseverence chasing down lost cause balls, winning and running along the by-line and passing into the box led to Leigh's curled finish and his passes forward from deep to willing runners resulted in one of the other goals. I'd say he's fast becoming a great centre forward with height, quick feet able to spot options and pass accurately. I really hope we keep him until the end of the season.
Exile on Spencer St and andyd like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2023, 20:26   #21
God Member

Quote:
thought we where Rubbish first half PRICHARD made the differance in the second half.were we played well.why oh whywas Prichard and Nelson not played in the first half they could have been subbed in second half if need be?
Who the hell is Nelson? Would've thought it was obvious why Joe was saved till the second half - at least to those who know what they're talking about
coley1957, BTLawson and andyd like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 00:38   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
The reply I got:

"Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us with your feedback and apologise if you didn't receive the best quality.

I've checked our end and haven't been able to find any reports of their being issues with the audio quality on this match so it might've been network or device related.

Should you experience anything similar going forward please let us know straight away using the live chat option and we can then troubleshoot live with you."
They told me the same!
Haggis316 likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 15:54   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Who the hell is Nelson? Would've thought it was obvious why Joe was saved till the second half - at least to those who know what they're talking about
they could have started with him and taken him off when he tired or is that too much for you to grasp?
Old 17-09-2023, 17:37   #24
God Member

Nelson was obviously somewhere looking for his eye ��
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 18:19   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Enjoyable game because it was a battle from start to finish and we scored 3 excellent goals in open play. It's mostly been said but I would just to like to nominate my man of the match Josh Andrews. Not on the score sheet but he led the line really well, compeated brilliantly with the Sutton back line all afternoon even though he was constantly fouled. His perseverence chasing down lost cause balls, winning and running along the by-line and passing into the box led to Leigh's curled finish and his passes forward from deep to willing runners resulted in one of the other goals. I'd say he's fast becoming a great centre forward with height, quick feet able to spot options and pass accurately. I really hope we keep him until the end of the season.
Josh's long diagonal pass from deep to send Shaun Whalley away to make the cross was sublime.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 18:21   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
They told me the same!
In reply pointed out to them that Ifollow'd admitted the technical fault to you. Silence after that.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2023, 18:51   #27
God Member

Quote:
they could have started with him and taken him off when he tired or is that too much for you to grasp?
If you listen to Coley's post match interview he explains why they chose to bring Joe on from the bench & it worked so, no I don't understand your problem - ok, the first half wasn't good but in the end it was a cracking result & yet you're still moaning
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..