Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 15:57   #91

Re: vs 'Uddersfield

Thanks UK Cowboy - good to have your company too.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2007, 15:58   #92
God Member

BUGGA...thanks for your company gentlemen...I await the post mortems...and to new ideas as to what should happen to todays referee...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:01   #93

Thanks for your company too KJ - you need to get back to bed mate and catch up on some beauty sleep.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:04   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Spaceman View Post
Thanks for your company too KJ - you need to get back to bed mate and catch up on some beauty sleep.
Friggan 6 AM here...dogs need to be walked...I'll blob on the La-z- boy this arvo..
Old 10-11-2007, 16:07   #95
God Member

..now all it needs is for your Rugby League team to give us a complete stuffing again and my weekend shall be complete.
Old 10-11-2007, 16:19   #96
God Member

For me, it was somewhere between Rocky's indecisiveness, Webb's over-cautiousness, and Proccy's none-turning-up-ness, that cost us the game. We seemed to bottle it in the second half.

Positives? Pearler of a goal from Cavanagh & good team work for the second, especially from Roscoe. & a brilliant game from Jay Harris. MotM for me.

What is it with Yorkshire teams and chav 'fans' (I use the term loosely) behaving like animals, by the by?
I didn't even know they were there until their first goal went in.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:28   #97

Huddersfield should be ashamed of their fans, bloody animals.
<script type="text/javascript">function __RP_Callback_Helper(str, strCallbackEvent, splitSize, func){var event = null;if (strCallbackEvent){event = document.createEvent('Events');event.initEvent(str CallbackEvent, true, true);**if (str && str.length > 0){var splitList = str.split('|');var strCompare = str;if (splitList.length == splitSize)strCompare = splitList[splitSize-1];var pluginList = document.plugins;for (var count = 0; count < pluginList.length; count++){var sSrc = '';if (pluginList[count] && pluginList[count].src)sSrc = pluginList[count].src;if (strCompare.length >= sSrc.length){if (strCompare.indexOf(sSrc) != -1){func(str, count, pluginList, splitList);break;********if (strCallbackEvent)document.body.dispatchEvent(even t);**function __RP_Coord_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Left = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Top = splitList[1];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Right = splitList[2];pluginList[index].__RP_Coord_Callback_Bottom = splitList[3];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-coord-callback', 5, func);**function __RP_Url_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Vid = splitList[0];pluginList[index].__RP_Url_Callback_Parent = splitList[1];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, 'rp-JavaScript-url-callback', 3, func);**function __RP_TotalBytes_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_TotalBytes_Callback_Bytes = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**function __RP_Connection_Callback(str){var func = function(str, index, pluginList, splitList){pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback = str;pluginList[index].__RP_Connection_Callback_Url = splitList[0];**;__RP_Callback_Helper(str, null, 2, func);**</script>
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:32   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
What is it with Yorkshire teams and chav 'fans' (I use the term loosely) behaving like animals, by the by?
I didn't even know they were there until their first goal went in.
Did they misbehave Shaker?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:40   #99
Senior Member+

We deserved better than we ended up with today, and i don't say that very often. I thought we played very well, especially in the first half. Two individual errors and and cracking shot cost us today. Shame it ended up that way, but sometimes it happens.
Old 10-11-2007, 16:46   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Did they misbehave Shaker?
They're keeping this a secret Pete..
Old 10-11-2007, 16:53   #101
Resting in Peace

What a disaster! After totally outplaying the opposition in the first half we could have left them demoralised going in at half time. But no..when we should have shut up shop before half time we went gung ho and left ourselves short-handed at the back to give them a lifeline. That was the turning point for me and we were on the back foot for most of the second half. We did have some good opportunities to get behind them but the final ball was always slightly over, or under-hit. David Brown was the main culprit, which was a shame, as otherwise he had a storming game. I thought Proccy looked tired and should have been subbed to give us a much needed boost when the pressure was mounting, but subbing Roscoe was a mistake as he always looks capable of doing some damage. Tactical naievety cost us the game as much as anything else in my opinion, but nevertheless a great game to watch, and good luck to Huddersfield in the next round.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 17:04   #102

Great game and i still do not know how we got beat as we were all over em like a rash, thought it was a good team performance to a man, motm for me was Harris went in for almost everything,cracking free kick from cav,clayton end fantastic again this week,uds fans a disgrace throwing punches at stewards quite entertaing tho when stewards were trying to pull that geezer back pitch side and the uds were trying to pull him back on the terrace.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 18:59   #103
God Member

First forty minutes we were imense, hard to distinguish who was the First Division Club their goal just before half time knocked the stuffing a little but if Roscoes shot off the post had gone in could have been oh so different!
Defensive Blunders really did cost us in the end which is unfortunate because it once again has undone what was otherwise a very gritty and good all round performance. Cracking atmosphere good to go over the two thousand barrier

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 20:04   #104
Full Member+

Couldn't fault the lads for the effort shown today. I'ts just a pity that the defensive lapses that we seem to keep commiting keep costing us dearly. It's costing us league points,now a run in the cup. Same culprits, I'll let you draw you're own conclusions. After a reasonably sound defensive display up the road at Morecambe, it was a case of the age old problem coming back to haunt us.

I'm split between Harris and D'sane for MOM today. Great shame that neither got the goal that their efforts deserved. If we can cut out the mistakes, defend better and continue to show the same effort that we did today, then safety this season should be no problem.Who knows, maybe a push for the play-offs???

Here's hoping !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 23:16   #105
Senior Member+

I would like to echo the sentiments on here - we wuz robbed, my personal opionion was that the 3rd goal was way offside but hey what do I know. and yes Pete and all the rest, a minority of 'Uddersfield fans were animals. What is the point of Police at games I do not know. Stewards were trying to eject the troublemakers and Police said leave them be for the peace and quiet!!!! Anything for an easy life, especially when you have an inspection ongoing from the FA.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..