Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 13:08   #106

Re: vs 'Uddersfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Did they misbehave Shaker?
organised hooligans using mobiles & codes! 2 security lads punched & one steward. Mick put us on pitch at end for our own safety & they still tried to pull one of the security lads back into the crowd, use ur imagination if they had succeeded! They also threw something at Dunbavin but not sure if a coin or what. Worst lot I have ever had to try & control, eeven taking dingles into consideration!!!! Police: diplomatically no comment! Funny how they have horses & dogs on duty at theirs though.
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2007, 15:00   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
organised hooligans using mobiles & codes! 2 security lads punched & one steward. Mick put us on pitch at end for our own safety & they still tried to pull one of the security lads back into the crowd, use ur imagination if they had succeeded! They also threw something at Dunbavin but not sure if a coin or what. Worst lot I have ever had to try & control, eeven taking dingles into consideration!!!! Police: diplomatically no comment! Funny how they have horses & dogs on duty at theirs though.
How many grounds do you do stewarding for ?
Old 12-11-2007, 17:12   #108

FWIW I was stood about five steps back from where it got stupid. When the second goal went in a couple of youngish lads got on to pitch side. Although this is against the " rules " they didn't threaten any one or cause any major problems. Just jumping up and down and showing off to their mates. I'm certain that if they had been allowed to get straight back into the terrace, there wouldn't have been any problems. The young asian steward tried to grab one of the lads, probably in an attempt to start ejecting him from the ground and then another couple of stewards started to join in. Town fans tried to save their mate
See pic from Kippax at LC2L7981.jpg

At this point a tug of war ensued, a bit like two preschool kids arguing over the same toy. If you look at the next picture in sequence there are ten stewards involved, the two on the extreme right are the Asian guy and a Sandy haired individual ( I think ). Whilst not condoning the part Town fans played in this incident, the behaviour of these two individuals was also very poor. Punches were thrown from both sides. In the main, the other stewards did well to calm the situation which was undercontrol before the police got in to the area( one with baton drawn ).

I didn't see any "organised hooligans using mobiles & codes!" and find this sort of thing reprehensible but common sense in the first place would have avoided the end result.

By the way, love the improvements you've made to the ground since last time and also glad more of us could come this time. For such a small crowd I am impressed by the lads in the Sopia Khan stand with their non stop singing, flags and banners etc . Keep it up and hope you can get more locals to come to watch you.
grahampughssideburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 21:38   #109
Junior Member+

hi im a huddersfield fan wats all this comotion about it was a teenager and in the end the group got kicked out .... were not hooligons there are just some kids who think they are hard.....unlucky dont have a clue how we won but thats the fa cup only the good teams stay in hahaha messing first half u were the league one team
htafc_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 15:18   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by htafc_4_life View Post
hi im a huddersfield fan wats all this comotion about it was a teenager and in the end the group got kicked out .... were not hooligons there are just some kids who think they are hard.....unlucky dont have a clue how we won but thats the fa cup only the good teams stay in hahaha messing first half u were the league one team
Sorry mate but you got that one wrong. Only one fan got kicked out and when the gates were opened towards the end of the match, he got back in. Police wanted a softly, softly approach. Granted not all HTFC are hooligans, but there was a core element of 30-40 last Saturday that brought shame on the rest of you. Otherwise, I will gladly see you all again next season in either the JPT or FA or League cup or whatever that is called these days. I think the turning point was you scoring towards the end of the first half, had Roscoe D'Sane stuck away either of the chances he had in the second, I don't think you would have had a cat in hells chance of coming back and Andy Ritchie might be looking for a new job.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 20:45   #111
Senior Member+

Yorks Post:

Match rated 8.5/10 "the sort of game that gives the FA Cup a good name. packed with incident and a dramatic twist at the end".

"It really was an amazing tie that contained almost everything. Accrington were as impressive in the opening half hour as Town were poor and the home side deservedly led by 2 goals."

"Had Accrington managed to get to half time with their 2 goal advantage intact then it is more than likely the Lancashire side would have gone on to win."

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2007, 21:24   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
How many grounds do you do stewarding for ?
One-for the team I love & have followed for nearly 20 years. Why?

As for Huddersfield fans comments, a lot of assumptions were made on the day by your unruly element, it was towards the end of the game, under which we were being inspected by the council for the ground licence & the instruction was to get the lads of yours back off the pitch, not ejected as you assumed. Punches were thrown by your fans first & we have a right to defend ourselves. a number of Huddersfield fans at the front were intimidating by their comments & actions at the time. Fortunately we also have very good ground camera system that can video & photo any troublemakers & ensure their club are made aware of their actions & act accordingly. Granted that around 800 of you that made the trip were well behaved & those commented on were a minority but unfortunately give the whole a bad name. Good luck to your lads in the next round & given your dissapointment in going 2 down & coming back like you did well done, Ritchie must have given one hell of a half time speech!
Old 13-11-2007, 21:47   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
One-for the team I love & have followed for nearly 20 years. Why?

Just curious if you were all one club people or multi club.
Old 21-11-2007, 21:10   #114
Junior Member+

one club HUDDERSFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
htafc_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 21:20   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htafc_4_life View Post
one club HUDDERSFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the government are reading this forum. They will be really pleased to see Care In The Community does work.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..