Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2004, 14:49   #1
I am Banned

Question What do we need?

What do the club need to do to go forward? We started this season in good form but recently that good form has withered a little so what do you think Accrington Stanley need to do to get back ihn reach with promotion?

The defence in recent games has been nothing short of diabolical and this needs to be focused on in trainign by Coley and the Lads. I'm sure iots just a coincidense but ever since mike Flynn's arrival at the club we haven't been able to defend.

So what do you think John Coleman needs to do if the Reds are going to get promoted this term?
accystankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-10-2004, 14:55   #2

Re: What do we need?

Start defending better for a start as when you look at conceding four at scarborough yesterday, 3 against tamwork, 3 against gravesend, 2 at farnborough, 3 at northwich is not good enough for a side which wants promotion. Another thing is perhaps start taking more of our chanches, but if we defensd better we are going to start picking up more points. However if we do go up i feel it is going to be through the play offs coming in 4/5 because i have not seen enough to convience me that stanley are title contendors.

I know i am going to get slated for this but perhaps a new manager (i know cjohn/jimmy have got use were we are today but could it have gone a bit stale as he has been there six years) But the question is who do you get in.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 14:57   #3
I am Banned

Bobby Robson?
Old 24-10-2004, 15:00   #4

stanley couldn't afford his wages, but it would be a good appoint i suppose in terms of getting the crowds in.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 15:48   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishton
I know i am going to get slated for this but perhaps a new manager (i know cjohn/jimmy have got use were we are today but could it have gone a bit stale as he has been there six years) But the question is who do you get in.
Too right you are going to get slated.

How can you call for Coley's head?

Are you a real fan?......just because we've had a few bad results you can't say that. Get a grip man.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 18:00   #6

Too right smithy we cannot call for coleys head!!!

Mike flynn is doing well how can u slate him it the team what is under-performing

Come on we are going through a slicky patch (looks like Arsenal are too) but with all luck thew F.A cup will provide a welcome change and we can get back to winning ways. But to be calling for peoples heads already is not really the way forward!!!
OK maybe critisise the team for a few poor performances But no-body needs the sack just yet
Old 24-10-2004, 18:05   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven
But no-body needs the sack just yet
So what you saying you want Coley sacked but not just yet?

Look what he and Jimmy have done for the club over the last 6 years. I just feel people in here should look up the word supporter in the dictionary and study it hard. When we are going through a bad patch, a REAL supporter gets behind the team and encourages them not slate them and come out with "oh Sack Coley",

Come on lads and lasses get behind the team,

Smiffy
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 18:11   #8

I think the management team are steady, and i dont think they should be sacked, but they should try to be a bit more daring with the team. It just seems that certain players seem to be automatic choices even though they have played badly or made little contribution in previous games.. I think the purchase of Flynn can only be a good thing and eventually his experience should guide the younger players, does everyone still think Smithy should play alongside him? Has Robbie Williams had his day? Will Hacker get back in the team?
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 18:12   #9

I was just saying we should keep coley but if we continue to fall then it has to be a serious option just not yet

But im 100% behind the club and it management
How come u continue to slate everyone who has a bad word against the club as not being a true surporter.
Surely the people who want to air there feeling are fans too because it shows they care for the club

Just my opinion!!!
Old 24-10-2004, 19:34   #10
I am Banned

WELL SAID SMIFFY! Just how I feel on the topic!
Old 24-10-2004, 23:10   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystankev
WELL SAID SMIFFY! Just how I feel on the topic!
What a hypocrite you are !

You started this thread by implying that Mike Flynn is somehow responsible for any recent defeats. Did you bother watching his display against Hereford ?

Now you're toadying up to other forum members with your sycophantic comments.

It would be much appreciated by me (and possibly by others) if you could keep your divisive and unhelpful comments to yourself.

Rossendale Red has got it about right, I'd say.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 01:07   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton
What a hypocrite you are !

You started this thread by implying that Mike Flynn is somehow responsible for any recent defeats. Did you bother watching his display against Hereford ?

Now you're toadying up to other forum members with your sycophantic comments.

It would be much appreciated by me (and possibly by others) if you could keep your divisive and unhelpful comments to yourself.

Rossendale Red has got it about right, I'd say.
Someone had to say it, and if it wasnt you, it would've been me
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 01:53   #13

Unhappy Re: What do we need?

Why do we criticise individuals who have differing opinions to ourselves?

It appears to me that unfortunately you very quickly become persecuted if you are deemed to be holding an opinion that differs to “the forum veterans”

It’s only an opinion…………..for the record I do not support the ideal of dismissing the management team, however I accept the comment as a point for discussion.
Old 25-10-2004, 02:05   #14

Wink Re: What do we need?

Back to basics!

Play with two traditional wingers! (should not have let Calcutt leave)

McEvilly playing down the middle with Mullin!

Smith and Flynn and the centre of defence!

Too many options in the middle of the park, decide on our best pairing

A little bit of "Lady Luck" and a little more time!!

Last edited by Redskin; 25-10-2004 at 02:08.
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 09:53   #15
Senior Member+

I was talking to someone last week who is a regular follower of Droylsden. He said that Howson is a firm favourite with the fans and he couldn't understand why we'd let him go on loan to them.

I don't think it's a coincidence that since we've lacked a proper left-back we've been leaking goals left, right and centre. When we had Bimson we looked a lot more solid in defence. I wasn't there on Saturday, but the BBC text commentary showed that 3 of the 4 goals we conceded originated down the left-hand side of our defence.

I'd love to see us go back to a 'proper' formation, with two strikers and some wide players. I know Rory's injured at the moment, but Lutel could give us width on the right.

Obviously things aren't right at the moment and at times like this we look to the management team to bring about changes, maybe not in personel, but at least in formation. When are the changes coming?

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 25-10-2004 at 12:06.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..