Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2004, 15:52   #1

What happened???

Now its all over thank God!!! 4-0 whats was going on???

Was it a case of scarborough playing extremly well on the day or was it stanley being absolutely terrible!!! what formation did we play??? (Did coleman stick with 4-5-1 and play players out of position) also who was our best and worst player on the day.

4-0 to the seadogs its just not good enough!!!

Bring on the F.A cup because we have to get back on track soon
Old 23-10-2004, 15:56   #2
I am Banned

Re: What happened???

do u need animore questions answerin
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 16:01   #3

no just the above please hehehehe

Sorry i just wanted to see how the team performed
Old 23-10-2004, 16:05   #4
Senior Member+

You might be better waiting for the return of those who actually went to the game.

I doubt they'll be back yet.
Old 23-10-2004, 18:16   #5

Thumbs down Re: What happened???

Cammy texted us just before the Scabs got their 4th. He said we were absolutely awful 1st half (didnt turn up by the sounds of things), and then awesome the 2nd - should have been 3-3 apparently. A bit late to be 'awesome' after conceding 3 in my opinion - why couldnt we be awesome from the 1st whistle??? Then 5 mins after the text, Scabs got a 4th - so not sure. Like Tin Monkey said, waiting for the people that went to the game to get back is usually the best way of finding out what went on ...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 18:47   #6

Just got back 3 nil down after 15 mins Second half 1st qtr we could have had 4 goals but poor finishing or just bein unlucky cost us, last 20 minutes it was all over and then they scored a 4th !!! I thought Smithy was good again but Williams and Jagielka had stinkers Felt embarassed at the end the players clapped the fans more than we clapped them but to be fair it was shocking at times.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 19:45   #7

Totally agree with Shurm, just got back myself, really poor display today.

Proctor and Smith were very good though imo.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 21:16   #8
Senior Member+

Jaggers was getting confused with the colours and keep passing to players in red

They were fast in there attack's and they took there chances...... Two things we did not do today.. We seem to hold it up just long enough for there defenders to get in position and then try and beat e'm..

Some silly fan's today made US (the fan's) Look stupid .. while the players where doing the same on the pitch : (some burnley idiot's there I think)

Did not enjoy today, and when we got down to the front the Funfair was SHUT, so 3 nagging kids to round of the day

Nice ice-cream though..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 10:32   #9

What happened with the "burnley" fans
Old 24-10-2004, 11:32   #10

General nonsense.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 14:14   #11

we were terrible yesterday, aprt from 15 minutes or so at the start of the second, but at 3 down the damage had been done and all credit to scarborough fopr taking their chances but 3 goals inside the first 15 minutes were all simple goals, and in my ophion i think we are play off material at best (but on the last few games this perhaps seems to be optimistic)
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 15:16   #12
Resting In Peace

Three nil down at half time and we still play with one striker. Four nil and we sub Proctor with Cook - one midfielder for another. Surely when we are four nil down we need goals, why not bring on Lutel. We have a potent strike force with Mullen and James, a strike force which other teams fear yet we do not play them, where are the goals going to come from. Our defence is just not good enough - no organisation. Why do we have to switch Cav to left back just to accommodate Rocky at right back ? Why do we play players out of position when we have players good enough to play in their right positions ? The style we are playing is just not working, let's get back to some attacking football instead of crowding the midfield with players getting in each other's way. Let's just hope that we can beat Leigh on Saturday, if we don't I think we can say goodbye to the roof.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 18:02   #13

Why if we lose a few games will we not get the roof its not the fans fault!!! hehehe

Or is it we may not have the funding from a good F.A cup run???

Last edited by ZOMBIE; 24-10-2004 at 20:40.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 08:09   #14
Resting In Peace

Correct. We must have made over £200,000 from last year's cup run.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 16:31   #15
Senior Member+

Angry Re: What happened???

I think you'll find the funds for the roof are already allocated.

the only thing we will miss is the extra funds for new players/wages other possible ground improvements etc.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..