Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2023, 08:14   #16
God Member

Re: Who should be on the retained list?

Someone at the club mentioned that most out of contract players had an option to keep I would think if that's true I,d offer Clark, Rodgers, Baghuelou, Conneely just for his leadership and loyalty, Pritchard, Hamilton the rest should be released sign Jenson if he wants to come. Of those already under contract as twenty eight says we are stuck with them unless we can sell to someone or agree mutually to tear the contract up, Sissy, and Morgan may be two shipped out if possible.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2023, 08:48   #17
Full Member+

What would have happened with Harry Pells contract, it was a 3 year contract.
andyd likes this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:10   #18
God Member

...I have it on VERY good authority that Stanley are talking to Altys Ollie Burn. They're talking to the wrong keeper there.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 10:17   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This from an earlier post….
of the 34 players listed and still with us, 17 are out of contract/loan at the end of this season...

These are:
Savin (club has one year option), Jensen, Isherwood, Tharme, Notts, Clark, Rogers, Longelo, Baghuelou, Conneely, Pritchard, Hamilton, Hardy, Adedoyin, Nolan, Lusiama, and Pressley.

Contracted to 2024 are:
Baba, Sloane, Morgan, Leigh, Coyle, Sangare, Patrick, Poilly, McConville, Whalley, Lowe, Sisay, Adekoya, Moonan, Martin, Fenton, Woods (the last four have contract extensions activated).

I’d be disappointed, but not surprised, if Clark, Longelo, Pritchard, and Hamilton are of interest to other clubs.
Jensen, Tharme and Pressley currently contracted to other clubs.
Missed off Seb Quirk, presume he’s contracted through the next season?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 15:08   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Cancelled by mutual agreement.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 16:43   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This from an earlier post….
of the 34 players listed and still with us, 17 are out of contract/loan at the end of this season...

These are:
Savin (club has one year option), Jensen, Isherwood, Tharme, Notts, Clark, Rogers, Longelo, Baghuelou, Conneely, Pritchard, Hamilton, Hardy, Adedoyin, Nolan, Lusiama, and Pressley.

Contracted to 2024 are:
Baba, Sloane, Morgan, Leigh, Coyle, Sangare, Patrick, Poilly, McConville, Whalley, Lowe, Sisay, Adekoya, Moonan, Martin, Fenton, Woods (the last four have contract extensions activated).

I’d be disappointed, but not surprised, if Clark, Longelo, Pritchard, and Hamilton are of interest to other clubs.
Jensen, Tharme and Pressley currently contracted to other clubs.
Thanks Exile.
So the thread should have started by asking of those going out of contract who would you keep and why ?
Of those under contract if an offer came in would you take it ?
Of the loanees who would you try and bring back or even sign ?
Old 02-05-2023, 17:53   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Cancelled by mutual agreement.
He happened to see the light and got out to return down south still suspect he was a major shouter in the dressing room and maybe this wasn't well received in some quarters.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 18:03   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
He happened to see the light and got out to return down south still suspect he was a major shouter in the dressing room and maybe this wasn't well received in some quarters.
I quite liked Harry. Not the most gifted of footballers but he had the passion and fire in his belly which half of the current players lack.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 18:13   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
We sold him back to Wombles

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...afc-wimbledon/

Watchdog likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 10:50   #25
God Member

Watched a very enjoyable U18s Lancs FA Youth Cup Final last night, which Stanley narrowly lost 2-1 to PNE.
The entire squad played really well. It was a real pleasure to watch lads playing attacking football with and for each other, without the histrionics and excessive cheating that goes on at ‘higher’ levels.

Preston scored a good goal early in the second half then got a really generous penalty, but Stanley got one back very late on and then laid siege to their opponents goal for the last ten minutes. At times it was like the Alamo in the PNE goalmouth but, unfortunately, the lads in red couldn’t get it passed a very good keeper.

Ged Brennan and his squads deserve huge praise for their efforts this year.

Back to the topic, having and enjoyed both the U23s and U18s, I think there are some really good prospects who, I sincerely hope, will not lose out as a result of the club having to operate within in even tighter financial constraints.
My MotM last night was Emerich Poilly - he seems to be the type of player Stanley needs. A combative midfield general who makes himself available, can tackle, doesn’t get pushed off the ball, but is always looking to make an attacking pass. If I were in charge, he’d be offered a 5 year contract.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:10   #26

According to the Portsmouth News they've been told they can have Tommy for £200000. Really hope that's not true. Think he's worth much more than that.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 12:20   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
According to the Portsmouth News they've been told they can have Tommy for £200000. Really hope that's not true. Think he's worth much more than that.
According to Tommy himself on Saturday, he's had no offer from any other club - he also said he loves it here & wants to stay, I guess time will tell
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 13:56   #28
Senior Member+

My MotM last night was Emerich Poilly - he seems to be the type of player Stanley needs. A combative midfield general who makes himself available, can tackle, doesn’t get pushed off the ball, but is always looking to make an attacking pass. If I were in charge, he’d be offered a 5 year contract.[/QUOTE]

I thought exactly the same last season when I watched him in the super cup run by our youngsters in the FA Youth Cup. Strong lad, stays cool and has good skills!
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 14:20   #29
Senior Member+

Agree with you Exile.
Get him signed up on a longer contract for sure!👍
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 14:49   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall View Post
That's about right.
If we've put that price on him then down to the player and his reps to agree terms or turn it down.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..