Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2012, 10:43   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Wimbledon Match Thread

Have just noticed there were more Stanley Fans at Wimbledon, Than Rochdale Fans at Gillingham,of which were 99, Whilst we had no coaches,only a mini, Hows that come about? Hope they bring a few more next sat.
Old 30-09-2012, 10:52   #32
Senior Member+

There where a number of Accy Exiles there yesterday Cashman, we always tend to get a few more especially when playing in London.

Also due to reports of how good it was last year, it persuaded me and a few others to make the journey. Helps that I now live in Midlands but it was still a good 2 hours to the ground.

I just hope now we can see a few more on the Crown as we really are a good footballing side to watch, but as ever its the casual fans we need to attract and as has been said a million times £17 is just too much in the current economic climate in North West.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 10:56   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is its £15 if they can be bothered to get it early, Agree £17 is a lot in North West in this climate, Think its still one of cheapest though?
Old 30-09-2012, 10:59   #34
Senior Member+

I also get a ticket online a couple of days before, its well worth £15 for me personally.

But look at the facilities you are paying for. For away fans in particular they are appalling, I just hope the Cow shed finally sees it end next summer
Old 30-09-2012, 11:38   #35
Senior Member+

I agree entirely with Phil and Smudgie. Man-of-the-Match could have gone to Luke Joyce, Rob Atkinson or Lee Molyneux - but it was a real team performance. The only slight downside for me was the performance of the two Watford loanees. Craig Lindfield got little help from Whichelow against a tricky winger, and as an attacking threat, the Watford player was non-existent.

We have far better midfielders that the pair of the Watford players. George Miller and Charlie Barnett for a start, and I would like to see Bohan Dixon given a chance too.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:04   #36
Senior Member+

BBC iPlayer link: BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show: 2012/2013: 29/09/2012

We're at 56:22
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:07   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whilst we had no coaches,only a mini, Hows that come about?
2 in the front and 115 in the back?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 12:30   #38
Senior Member+

Murphy's goal looks even better on TV , what a screamer

As for Bav's mistake......... thank god it didnt cost us !!
Old 30-09-2012, 14:10   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Murph should win goal of the month fer that un. As fer the mistake, fear its just a matter of time.
Old 30-09-2012, 14:14   #40
God Member

Good anticipation from Podge, fantastic turn and hit from Murphy and misunderstanding between Murphy and Bavs but another three points on the road fantastic stuff.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 14:29   #41
Senior Member+

I agree Cashy :S
Old 30-09-2012, 14:30   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I agree entirely with Phil and Smudgie. Man-of-the-Match could have gone to Luke Joyce, Rob Atkinson or Lee Molyneux - but it was a real team performance. The only slight downside for me was the performance of the two Watford loanees. Craig Lindfield got little help from Whichelow against a tricky winger, and as an attacking threat, the Watford player was non-existent.

We have far better midfielders that the pair of the Watford players. George Miller and Charlie Barnett for a start, and I would like to see Bohan Dixon given a chance too.
Absolutely. We were musing about whether part of the deal was that we got the Watford players gratis so long as they played. If that's the case, we're getting the raw end of the deal, if yesterday was anything to go by. I guess the problem here for Cooky is that he only has two central midfield berths to fill, and maybe thought Whichelow preferable to trying out Charlie or George in a wider position. Have to say that I can't see Charlie playing out wide, and it doesn't seem to play to Miller's strengths either.

Yesterday also saw Toto given a run out at right-back. I wonder if Cooky is thinking of continuing this experiment? It was the one place in our back-line yesterday that looked vulnerable.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 14:34   #43
Senior Member+

Lewis Hatch is supposed to be a decent Right Back........... but has yet to be seen.
Old 30-09-2012, 15:36   #44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

Wasn't Bav's mistake; nobody's 100% sure what happened, possible poor call from the officials or Murphy's got a bad touch.

Bav's is gutted to conceed, he's after achieving the clean sheet record that Macca's pointed out.

Was miserable all the way home dispite the win. We've conceeded late on, his food went missing on the coach and the M25 was closed. All in all shows how much Bav's (as senior pro) cares for ASFC.

Clayton End take note, look after him for the next two home games
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 15:52   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Was miserable all the way home dispite the win. We've conceeded late on, his food went missing on the coach, and the M25 was closed
Mr T the master of mirth! you've made me chuckle Mark.

Apparently the commentators down yonder reckoned that everyone stopped due to a whistle but the ref hadn't blown so the striker just toepoked a live ball. Give him his clean sheet bonus you tight gits
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..