Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 16:29   #16
God Member

Re: Wimbledon vs. Accrington Stanley

From the sound of the bits I heard guts & endevour that's the Stanley I know & love so that will do me nicely

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2013, 16:39   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think everyone woulda took an away point wi 10 men before K.O. so well done onwards n upwards hopefully.
Old 12-10-2013, 18:04   #18
Senior Member+

Unfortunately had to follow the match via the Beeb from work. Saw we were 1-0 up at HT but Odejayi sent off, question is was it warranted? will have to watch the FL show later. But as others have said, gut and determination to at least hang on for a point will do me, and listening to JB on Radio Lancs sounds like some us may be judging him too soon yes I was one of them). I really want it to work for him and here's hoping for 3 points when we next play on 19th

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 18:09   #19
Resting in Peace

No FL show tonight due to the farcical international break for the spoilt babies of the "top" 2 divisions whose teams can't make a do of losing a couple of players out of their vast, expensive squads. Sky Sports news have the goals from 8 to 9 I think.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 18:25   #20

And now a review. WARNING: may contain lots of whinging. About everything. AFC Wimbledon Blog: REVIEW: Wimbledon 1-1 Accrington Stanley
WombleCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 19:21   #21
God Member

Womblecharlie's pre match summary was accurate, but his post match view somewhat biased.
From where I stood, squeezed into a corner surrounded by Stanley stalwarts and a few local "premiership" worshipers come to support the Reds, I thought Stanley more than deserved the point. 3 points may have been greedy (but more than welcome) and I thought we could have gone in at half time 0-3, had we had more luck. But then it is 2013. Unlucky for some and especially us. The ref did give Stanley the benefit of many doubts but then totally undid everything by the ludicrous sending off. It ruined the game as a contest and I'd rather have had fewer petty free kicks than have our most dangerous player sent off. The wombles had been niggling Kayode all of the first half, but nothing that isn't seen at most games. But when he went up to challenge a high ball on the half way line at the end of the first half, the Womble player clearly went up with an elbow in Kayode's head. Of course the linesman, who seemed to spend most of his time watching the ref, wouldn't have seen that. It was silly of Kayode to get involved in handbags a deux, but it takes two to tango and,significantly, in the immediate aftermath, the Womble player made himself scarce. Leaving their no 8 (why does every other team but Stanley seem to have a nasty little piece of work like him?) to turn it into a bun fight.
Stanley did well today. Bettenelli, Aldred, Winnard, Naylor, Mingoia, Kayode were excellent and all the team gave their all. There was no-one shirking, and no sign of heads dropping.
Well done to them all.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 19:27   #22

ok, today was a good performance; it really was. defensively we were sound. The sending off was unquestionable. I've had a drink so will leave it at that for now. We will turn the c corner.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 19:41   #23

I didn't see the red card incident I'm afraid, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the wrong decision - it wouldn't have been the only one today! Don't get me wrong, in no way do I think Wimbledon deserved 3 points - but I do feel we should've been able to take them anyway.
WombleCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 21:22   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombleCharlie View Post
I didn't see the red card incident ....
Don't worry, neither did the ref.
We all know life and football ain't fair but I just thought the sending off ruined a good competitive game. No defence in the eyes of the 'blazers' but I heard it was the first time Kayode had been sent off which, given the stick strikers get as a matter of course, doesn't suggest he's a hothead.
But, whatever the result, thanks to all those Dons fans who gave us such a warm welcome.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 21:37   #25

Did not have a clear line of sight on the red card incident but was confident of 3 points with Stanley bossing the first half. Did all they could to defend the lead and gutted for Beatts and the lads that they conceded at last knockings. Heartening performance and shame Kayode will be missing for 3 games - chance for Marcus to establish himself.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 23:24   #26
Senior Member+

Still struggling to work out how exiles wife ate that large meal in fat boys cafe !! ,his summary is how I saw it and with eleven men we would have won-simple !Atkinson going off was a blow but the team rallied,and did it. Again after the sending off,lot of team spirit,very encouraging signs
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 23:47   #27
bdc

Good result today, we have to build on this though otherwise it will be a waste. Two home games coming up and we really need to get a win to get our season up and running.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 03:47   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Womblecharlie's pre match summary was accurate, but his post match view somewhat biased.
From where I stood, squeezed into a corner surrounded by Stanley stalwarts and a few local "premiership" worshipers come to support the Reds, I thought Stanley more than deserved the point. 3 points may have been greedy (but more than welcome) and I thought we could have gone in at half time 0-3, had we had more luck. But then it is 2013. Unlucky for some and especially us. The ref did give Stanley the benefit of many doubts but then totally undid everything by the ludicrous sending off. It ruined the game as a contest and I'd rather have had fewer petty free kicks than have our most dangerous player sent off. The wombles had been niggling Kayode all of the first half, but nothing that isn't seen at most games. But when he went up to challenge a high ball on the half way line at the end of the first half, the Womble player clearly went up with an elbow in Kayode's head. Of course the linesman, who seemed to spend most of his time watching the ref, wouldn't have seen that. It was silly of Kayode to get involved in handbags a deux, but it takes two to tango and,significantly, in the immediate aftermath, the Womble player made himself scarce. Leaving their no 8 (why does every other team but Stanley seem to have a nasty little piece of work like him?) to turn it into a bun fight.
Stanley did well today. Bettenelli, Aldred, Winnard, Naylor, Mingoia, Kayode were excellent and all the team gave their all. There was no-one shirking, and no sign of heads dropping.
Well done to them all.
That's spot on, Exile, exactly as I saw it. Kayode had been taking stick all the half, he gets elbowed, reacts mildly and then gets sent off. The other key moment was when we missed a sitter after we had already scored, I remember a move not unlike the equaliser against Portsmouth, but our lad at the back post either couldn't get there or put it wide, think it might have been the latter. And we would have deserved it, too. We were very good first-half. It was a pity we couldn't have made the opening period of the second-half more competitive, we were forced immediately into a seige mode and never really got out of it. But all the lads deserve credit for a brave and committed performance.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 07:42   #29
Resting in Peace

Thanks to the travellers for their views. It was murder following the match on the live text thingy, but I was celebrating last night after cooling off. Bring on Oxford, but someone will have to arrest the Constable.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 08:46   #30
Senior Member+

Your right Phil ,it was murph who got his head to the ball and should have scored, maybe he was waiting to be clattered by the keeper which didn't happen.The other turning point for me was them bringing on the coloured left winger who proceeded to rip Richardson to pieces with blistering pace.
Hunt IMHO should have helped him,but with one man down our shape would have been effected,
Just a mention for our keeper,who was excellent in all aspects of his game .
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..