Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2013, 16:23   #46
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Wimbledon vs. Accrington Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Its not PC to use the correct description of a person, using the word coloured is a derogatory term, but I guess you will argue against this
PC my arse!, The lad used the term without the intention of being derogatory or offensive but merely to differentiate between players whose names he didn't know. A simple phrase, given overtures of offensiveness by those that wish to see it as such.

Sadly, UK has gained a rather overblown sense of faux outrage in the last few years over much & more seen as "Not PC" due to successive erosions mainly thanks to whining liberal leftist exponents.

The lad used a word, you found it inappropriate, how many others didn't, let it go & let's get back to the subject matter eh?
Redraine, DAV007, yonmon and 5 others like this.
Old 13-10-2013, 18:03   #47
Senior Member+

Back to the game,think mingola deserves a mention,thought he put in a real shift blocking up that channel and offering an outlet.Just a little whinge,should we have subbed him in injury time?,it's ok running the clock down,but the cross for the equaliser came from the area he had blocked up.
Maybe he cramped up,I don't know,but it was a big call
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 18:11   #48
Senior Member+

Its a real shame we wont have Odejayi for the next 3 games,
as the team is now set up to play off a target man, the obvious replacement must be Mr. Beattie himself?
smobile likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 18:25   #49
Senior Member+

Agree Davo,he is starting to look the part as he gets used to the lads around him,will be a massive loss
Old 13-10-2013, 18:27   #50
Senior Member+

Is Naismith an option as a striker?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 18:28   #51
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Don't normally comment on these threads as I can't get to games, that said though, we were over in September & took in the Rochdale game. To my mind your man Odejay seemed to be in the thick of it whenever Stanley were going forward or manoeuvring, now if that's the norm his presence will most definitely be missed.
Old 13-10-2013, 19:56   #52
God Member

F19, as ever, you're right about Mingoia having a great game; he threw himself into the breach a few times. Whether he could have prevented the cross that produced their goal (which was, I regret to have to say, a cracking header) is another matter.
You're also right about their sub, the lad who was coloured black (Chris Arthur?), who came on as a left wing and gave Richardson, who is coloured ginger, a right going over.
As for FatBoys special, I'm still digesting it.
Hope we get more chance to speak at Northampton.
football19 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2013, 20:05   #53
God Member

Quote:
Its a real shame we wont have Odejayi for the next 3 games
as the team is now set up to play off a target man, the obvious replacement must be Mr. Beattie himself?
Mr. Webber was doing plenty of warm-ups at half and I half expected him to come on had not the ref intervened in Plan A.
It would be a bit of a luxury having two geriatrics up front but I wonder how well Webber would play picking up the many lay-offs from Kayode. Richardson tries but was just too late arriving on a couple of occasions on Saturday. Don't know how fit Mr. Beattie is these days, but his reputation might keep a couple of defenders tied up.
Old 14-10-2013, 03:57   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Or Marcus Carver, he was good enough against Middlesborough (the one game we HAVE won this season) surely a time to prove himself up front as the target man.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 06:17   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
Interesting, so how would you have described him if he had been white? A left winger maybe
Now you are getting political
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 09:08   #56

football19: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm certain Mingoia was still on the pitch when their goal went in. They scored on 86 mins Piero went off on 91 mins.

The game in general. Its the first one I've seen in the flesh all season, having watched us against Pompey on tele. I thought we played alright. In the first half the only tactic Wimbledon had was to hit the ball long from midfield to the wingers. Our full backs dealt with that well. We created three good chances in the first half with Richardson agonisingly close to knocking in from close range at the far post.

Mention for Lee Naylor. His set pieces were excellent and he did well at full back. Might be worth thinking about, when Laurence is back, putting Naylor at left side so he can get a few crosses in from open play. Piero, as mentioned in other posts was excellent too. I'd like to see him get on the ball more, maybe when we're at home that might be easier as we'll have more of the play.

Marcus came on at half time. Now he was absolutely clattered a couple of time in tackles from behind and I think that might have knocked his confidence a little as he didn't do enough to win headers for me. But he'll learn and get better. Another mention for Dean who grafted and grafted and deserves to be kept in the side for the next game.

Obviously the game changed with the sending off as we no longer had 5 in midfield. I personally thought it was a sending off. Kayode was being fouled all first half and not getting anything. He got in another tangle and unfortunately for us, when he got up, he dug his forearm into their lad. You can't do that as it gives the ref no option, if either him or his lino sees it. And it was right in front of the lino!

It was a good point and normally I'd be happy. But the thing is hard fought points away from home with 10 men mean chuff all if you don't follow it up with 3 at home. We need to be ruthless and show the fight of Piero, Dean and Murphy (who battled for headers all first half high up the pitch even though he was playing in midfield). I know its tempting to praise the lads for Saturday, but if I was the manager (and thank god I'm not) I would have half had a go at them. Imagine the boost from winning with 10 men at a team with such a good home record. They need to learn that if you're going to get anywhere in football you have to take your chances. That means not losing it when you've been kicked, elbowed, clattered (see Kayode). Trying something different to win some headers or get a foothold up front (Marcus). Throwing yourself at the ball if you get in at the back post (Richardson). The odd point here or there won't keep us up.

There are 35 games left and we need 47 points. Thats something like 13 wins and 8 draws. Or 12 wins and 11 draws. Around 20/21 good results out of 35 games.

Piero has to stay in the side. So does Dean. Not only did they graft, but they made the right decisions on the ball, competed really well and were disciplined.

I reckon we CAN stay up. It doesn't mean we WILL. The task at hand is huge. Far bigger than last year. We have to start winning.
SamF and smobile like this.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 09:15   #57

No need to worry fellas, your annual starter for 6 is only round the corner!

ukcowboy, Greeny and smobile like this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2013, 11:06   #58
Senior Member+

You maybe right potter,at the time I was surprised piero was taken off as he was one of our best players on the day
Old 14-10-2013, 13:04   #59
God Member

See the club have appealed against Kayode's dismissal.
High stakes as 'frivolous' appeals incur an additional match ban, I understand. Let's hope the evidence is in his favour.
Old 14-10-2013, 13:26   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
f

Obviously the game changed with the sending off as we no longer had 5 in midfield.

That's more than has been in midfield in all the other games added together

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..