Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2005, 17:23   #1
Senior Member+

Worcester City Game

Sick as a parrot. Chippenham in the next round???? Maybe?

Match report is now on the official site.
Old 22-10-2005, 17:55   #2
rob

Re: Worcester City Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Sick as a parrot.
very topical...
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 18:17   #3
God Member

second worst draw of the day?
Old 22-10-2005, 19:33   #4
Junior Member+

Chippenham's not far down the road for us - will do just fine thank you. Expect an even harder game on Monday night - we will have some of the midfield back!
oldmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 20:09   #5
Senior Member+

Thought the game was very one sided but that we passed the ball sideways & back too much & our final ball was atrocious!

Do think we will win on Monday though as they aren't very good goin forward

We desperately need something or someone upfront as Mangan ain't the answer IMO - not yet!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 20:30   #6
Senior Member+

I have waited some 4 hours since getting home after THAT horror show. We bossed the match for 20 minutes in the first half, let it slip before half time and second half after Mullin and Boco came on we appeared to get a little better but Worcester goalie had a blinder. I thought the team gave too much respect to Andy Preece's team with all the mid-park passing. Will need to go up a few gears Monday night to go to Chippenham next round. However, if we do, then very good chance of making 2nd round and beyond. I too think we are too good for WCFC and will progress, but lets cut out the fancy stuff and do what the team are paid to do, stick the ball in the net as many times as they can.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:07   #7
Junior Member+

Pretty pleased with a draw, didnt think we stood a chance to be honest, but with Danny MacDonnell in goal anything is possible. He has blinders like that most weeks, probably the best goalie in non-league football, why he never played at a higher level is a mystery.
Should be fun Monday night, and without wishing to insult Chippenham, but the winners should be in the draw for the second round too.
Brooksider_wcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:11   #8
God Member

Totally agree, we were woeful in front of goal today!, could and should have battered them but we where just crap with final ball, I think one major thing we need to improve on is our crossing, i have thought it poor all season but today seemed to highlight this with all our crosses going behind the attacking playersor just being over hit and eventually going out of play for a goal kick. We were poor today and that kind of perfomance warrents some form of change of tactics when we replay them on monday!
Old 22-10-2005, 21:15   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

That was the worst game I've seen Stanley play this season, I kept thinking why have I wasted £12 to watch this rubbish, we have to improve for the replay.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:17   #10
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
Totally agree, we were woeful in front of goal today!, could and should have battered them but we where just crap with final ball, I think one major thing we need to improve on is our crossing, i have thought it poor all season but today seemed to highlight this with all our crosses going behind the attacking playersor just being over hit and eventually going out of play for a goal kick. We were poor today and that kind of perfomance warrents some form of change of tactics when we replay them on monday!
NO!!!! keep the tactics the same, then you can concentrate on winning the league without any distractions!!!
Brooksider_wcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:59   #11
Junior Member+

Just remember lads we had 7 players missing from our team! At least a couple will be back on Monday!!!!

To be honest we rode our luck at times, but I thought a draw was fair enough given thats what we turned up for and we were absolutely ravaged by injuries - our 16 year old played well didn't he!. As you will now know, Danny McDonnel is an absolutlely class keeper - not an England non-league international for nothing and the back three of Little, Smith and Thompson as good as most Conference sides. Our youth team midfield performed like men and were just fantastic given the task they had to keep you boys at bay.

I was a little bit surprised at your lack of invention when facing two lines of defence. Just passing it backwards and forwards across the back and then hoofing it aimlessly forwards didn't really have much impact first half and only when we got tired towards the end of the second spell did you look like getting the goal that your possession deserved.

Monday night will be good - I would guess we will have at least 1500 there to cheer us on and you boys will know you have had another good match.

That said, you will still be favourites.... Here is to another good game!
Old 22-10-2005, 22:00   #12
Senior Member+

got to agree with you jase mate, mangan isn't the guy we need just yet but has a lot of potential. Final ball was utterly atrocious today, Barry looked out of sorts, we just seemed to be kicking the ball to no-one which i cant say we have done this season! SHould be good on monday, hopefully a place in the next round against chipenham town. I can honestly say they were not a very strong attacking side and when the do have to attack on monday not just have 10 men behind the ball we will punish!! Wembley here we come!!!
Old 22-10-2005, 23:39   #13
Junior Member+

Thanks v.much for letting us draw in our 'Cup Final'.....given our Sh*t home record,you should win easily,Mon(or 0-1).....but Hey,our Keeper was better than'Officer' Dibble!

No C*rpets......Ever.
WorcestertillIgettoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 00:44   #14
Junior Member+

Should add......decent locals(v.much so);Good luck post-Monday. & decent beer to boot.
WorcestertillIgettoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 10:21   #15
Senior Member+

If anyone wants to see where they're going on Monday, have a look at City's ground on http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworc...lane_360.shtml.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..