Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2005, 14:36   #1

Worcester Preview

Another Excellent preview from Peel Parker is now available ro read on the official site.

Well Done PP
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2005, 14:49   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Worcester Preview

Draw is on Saturday though Mr Parker!

Good Report though, interesting reading the FA Cup games, anyone remember going out to Harrogate the year that both Town & Railway got to the First Round Proper!

Remember being told off for making noise by a lady who had brought her new born baby to the football & was trying to get her off to sleep in the tea bar! Strange..............

I will be a bag of nerves Saturday, it means so much to get at least Round 1 for all at the club! Come on Red Men!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 22:31   #3
Senior Member+

WILLIE MILLER, any relation to the Willie Miller who played with Stanley in the late 50s and also coached the youth team?
ossy kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 10:12   #4
Junior Member+

It is a very good review.

Only thing I would say is that I bet Preecey could only dream of having that squad available to him at 3.00 on Saturday afternoon.

Of the midfield players listed. Les Hines (actually a left-back) is injured, Jai Stanley is injured, George Clegg is injured and Tom Warner is out with illness. All except maybe Tom Warner will definitely be out.

Yep, so that leaves just two midfielders - Graham Hyde and Liam MacDonald. Recently introduced into the squad is midfielder 16 year old Sam Wedgebury from the Youth Academy, but he had to go off on Saturday suffering from concussion (sp?).

At the back, Baz Woolley has left the Club, replaced by Canadian under-21 international Justin Thompson. Also playing at the back is Shabir Khan, a 20 year-old who has progressed through the Youth system, as has Danny Hodnett.

Expect us to line up in 6-0-4 formation!! If, as the saying goes, "You've got to be in it to win it" then at least we can't lose the midfield battle!
Andy Bullock (Wor) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 10:31   #5
Junior Member+

BTW, if there is a replay, it has been officially announced by WCFC that it will take place at St. George's Lane on MONDAY, 24th October, kick-off 7.45 pm.

Worcester have traditionally played midweek games on Mondays, not Tuesdays, so don't get caught out on this one.
Andy Bullock (Wor) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 10:33   #6
Senior Member+

nice one mate and may the best team win come saturday!!!
Old 20-10-2005, 12:29   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bullock (Wor)
It is a very good review.

Only thing I would say is that I bet Preecey could only dream of having that squad available to him at 3.00 on Saturday afternoon.

Of the midfield players listed. Les Hines (actually a left-back) is injured, Jai Stanley is injured, George Clegg is injured and Tom Warner is out with illness. All except maybe Tom Warner will definitely be out.

Yep, so that leaves just two midfielders - Graham Hyde and Liam MacDonald. Recently introduced into the squad is midfielder 16 year old Sam Wedgebury from the Youth Academy, but he had to go off on Saturday suffering from concussion (sp?).

At the back, Baz Woolley has left the Club, replaced by Canadian under-21 international Justin Thompson. Also playing at the back is Shabir Khan, a 20 year-old who has progressed through the Youth system, as has Danny Hodnett.

Expect us to line up in 6-0-4 formation!! If, as the saying goes, "You've got to be in it to win it" then at least we can't lose the midfield battle!
Danny Hodnett came through Kidderminster's Youth system, and was signed by City from Tamworth. George Clegg and Nick Colley may both be fit for Saturday as well. Also in the squad will be striker Troy Wood and midfielder Dale Watkins, both from City's highly successful Academy side. Wood has 20 goals this season already at Youth level.

Last edited by oldmonkey; 20-10-2005 at 12:33.
oldmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 12:32   #8
Junior Member+

Also, I used to work with the woman who sneezed every day for 977 days (not at the time this was happening, I hasten to add!)
oldmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 18:47   #9

How much are tickets 4 da stanley matches?
Miloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2005, 18:53   #10
Senior Member+

£12 for adults
£6 for U16's and OAP's
Old 21-10-2005, 01:38   #11
Junior Member+

Sadly you're going to win easily......we'll still turn up,though more like 200,instead of the usual 1000.........all I can say is go easy on us......put out your worst 11 unreliable 'misfits' & you might see a game?

Oh......& please please(If it's possible)do the Double over the Scum from Sh*aggboro' this season!

No C*rpets......KHRP'05!

Great website/MB btw.

Not so sure about the Eng.flag tho'!
If it was Hereford I could understand?
WorcestertillIgettoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..