Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2006, 23:03   #31
Member.

Re: www.kipax.com

I wish you the very best of luck with whatever loophole presents itself. Anything we can help with let us know.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2006, 06:50   #32
God Member

I'll certainly miss the pics.
Do you want to sell 15 to kshexpress or to the kshmirror
Seriously though, can you not publish them on the fishy site? with permission from the club of course, if there tecnically their photo's now surely they could be put on there.

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:13   #33
God Member

KSH thats what we are waiitng to find out... gotta see these licence agreements.. I believe there 24 pages long
Old 05-07-2006, 09:55   #34

Sorry to hear that Kipax. It stinks.
I'll miss trying to spot myself in the crowd shots. (I'm the handsome one in the red football shirt!!!)
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 16:25   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler
(I'm the handsome one in the red football shirt!!!)
Me too!

Good luck in finding a loophole Kipax
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 21:01   #36
God Member

for arguments sake would a website be a recognised media? Would it not be fair to say that as a professional you earn your corn by selling advertising space on your website based on the pics that you have? Or on the Ultras site?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15   #37

Does this involve all games, eg FA Cup and League Cup?

Does it also cover reserve games?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:43   #38
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Not the same is it, just 4 pictures on the fishy site and no crowd shots to find yourself, Kipax there must be a way round this.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 16:49   #39

My lad's on trial from Chesterfield, who's official photographer takes loads of pictures, published on her site & the club's. She's clearly a professional, as sell lots of fancy images as well (tinajenner.co.uk); it's a good service, and a very lucrative one for her, I would think. Couldn't you be subcontracted by a local 'professional' firm, who would be recognised by the League, but might be happy to take a slice of the profits from sales, and lap up the publicity?

Great picture of my lad nearly having his ankle broken by the Burnley guy, by the way!!
Ashley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 21:17   #40
God Member

I will be going back to a full array of pictures from now on.. But as part of the fishy site and not kipax.com so normal service will be resumed... but the address changed....

For everyone else thats all great.. back to normal... for me its bad...means next to no traffic to my website for the other pics.... hmmm...

Ashleys dad.... i think ya missed the bit about the licence.... she will have a licence.. i can only use the clubs licence... which limits me somewhat
Old 09-07-2006, 21:23   #41
God Member

Just another thought - if the club have the licence but they sell some of your pics (which they'll be able to do) will they count towards your 15 that you'll need to get your own licence?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 21:30   #42
God Member

No cus they will be selling them not me

It has to be the media.. newspapers or magazines and you ahve to prove it with invoices and the actual paper cutting.. as said earlier in thread... ya cant do a paper cutting from a website... I know it sounds daft but thats what they said.. the man from the league... Karen Faz knows all this as well.. its 100% true..

Gayle.. who do you see about stalls on the mela.. I know last time lots of differnt stalls.. I could set one up with mounted and framed pics.... wont count to press pass but will count to this lens not just stanley pics... local area as well.. plausable ?
Old 09-07-2006, 21:33   #43
God Member

I'll pm you the details

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 21:44   #44
God Member

Thanks.. I tried replying but it seems your three and a half million stored PMs have filled the alloted space and no one can PM you until you delete some
Old 11-07-2006, 13:22   #45
God Member

Right... had my first look at the league 2 photographers licence..

1) I deffo cant carry on with kipax.com

2) There is NO limit to the amount of pictures that can be put on the official website after the game.

Thus same service ...different website... starting wiht the very next game i go to..

Good news for the people looking... bad news for me... as the only thing I got out of doing it was the kudos of a succesfull website and the 5 mins of fame.. now I get nowt

So a new website will be made for kipax and hopefully a slighlty different direction albiet still photography.. but to the next level

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..