Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 14:11   #46
God Member

Re: www.kipax.com

Would it not be possible to make the pictures on the fishy site links via your site to larger pictures back on fishy, something along the lines of

I see a picture and want to see a larger image I click the thumb and am redirected to your site, on first visit I am asked if I would like to see other work of this magnificent photographer, a cookie records my response, if I say no then in future I am directed straight back to fishy, if I say yes then I can browse your site with a link back to fishy when I've finished. Or even, is there anything that fishy could/would do that would pop a nice dialog offering to open your site in a pop-under, again, cookie to record my ongoing preference

Just a couple of thoughts really.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2006, 15:25   #47
God Member

They would have to exist on my site in order to link to them... thus anyone could go straight to my site and there not supposed to be there .. Just had a meeting at the club.. Eric and Rob ... All is well.. Normal service resumed aftre next game but from accringtonstanley.co.uk and my site goes a bit different
Old 11-07-2006, 19:02   #48
God Member

they wouldn't have to exist on your site at all, purely a circular link out and back,

It was just a thought, if you are happy with your new plan then fine, just trying to add options

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 19:09   #49
God Member

Not too happy with it at all to be honest.. but end of day I cant have owt on my site or be seen to be making it look like my site is official.. hence the change... but certainly not happy.. Now making mine different.. would be happy if it was staying the same as is now and anyhting else is a poor substitute...

dunno what made you think I was happy wiht situation... but I am resigned to it
Old 11-07-2006, 19:13   #50
God Member

We could be missing the obvious here, what if you had a big banner at the top of the site saying it was an unofficial site and images are being displayed with the permission of/on behalf of the club, tick a box etc to confirm you understand this before entering it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 19:20   #51
God Member

Dont forget theres two teams in the pictures... the other clubs in the league (all of them would be featued) wouldnt be best pleased... hence why its a no-no

It defeats the whole object of having the licence and as ya can imagine the league wouldnt go for that..

the last thing we want to do is try and be clever and find a magical loophole just for the league to pull the licence and have no way of taking any pics

appreciate the thoughts people
Old 11-07-2006, 19:24   #52
God Member

No worry's, just a thought - looks like its fishy site then for the pics eh?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 11-07-2006, 19:31   #53
Senior Member+

Take the pictures & have a secret forum where they are displayed for "special" password only peeps

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 15:25   #54

Unhappy Re: www.kipax.com

The whole decision stinks Tony - and I am really sorry about what has happened as I think your photos are superb ! You really do capture all the action and whole spirit of the game and it just won't be the same.

I have to admit that I was unaware of this the other evening when we chatted at Alsager, otherwise I would have mentioned it then.

So much for progress.........but at least we have the memory of all your terrific photos of past games and events.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 15:29   #55
God Member

Methinks ya missed a post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Right... had my first look at the league 2 photographers licence..

1) I deffo cant carry on with kipax.com

2) There is NO limit to the amount of pictures that can be put on the official website after the game.

Thus same service ...different website... starting wiht the very next game i go to..
Old 14-07-2006, 15:46   #56
God Member

Just been looking at the Alsager pics, noticed they are on http://kipax.fotopic.net/c1020960.html , if there allowed on there why cant they be put on kipax.com?

www.ubuntu.com

Old 14-07-2006, 17:03   #57
God Member

see the thread where i said alsager pics online
Old 15-07-2006, 13:41   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Methinks ya missed a post
My apologies my friend - must have had too much wine at Alsager !!!
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..