Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 17:30   #16

Talking Re: WWW Player of the year VOTE

Paul Mullin

Reason: Having seen football at all levels in recent years I have never seen a more hard-working and honest footballer. His work-rate is phenomenal and often the subject of post-match discussion between myself and John Coleman. Never seen a more accomplished performance than that of Mullers at Canvey Island. The only thing he lacks is pace - if he had it I doubt he'd be a conference player. Without doubt, he is to me the best striker in the conference.

Also aiding my vote is the fact that he is a bloody nice guy too - always friendly and took the abuse I gave him on Sat for missing all those chances in good heart.

The presence of Paul Mullin makes covering Stanley all the more enjoyble for me.

Also players who deserve credit:

Chris Butler - improves with every game.
Mike Flynn - The lynchpin of the side. Mr dependable.
Jags/ Proc - great team in middle
Rory - maybe lol
Cav - self-explanatory
Roberts - great introduction to side- more please

Presenter: cammy or smiffy. maybe even shultz or hayes
Adam Cottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2005, 18:18   #17
Senior Member+

Re: WWW Player of the year VOTE

All the players mentioned so far are worthy of a vote, and there's Steve Halford too if only he'd played more games. I'm very tempted to go for Chris Butler but in the end it has to be Paul Mullin, whose work rate and commitment are incredible. The timing of his run for the goal at Woking was perfect, demonstrating the qualityof play we have all come to expect from one of the best players ever to pull on a Stanley shirt.

Smiffy (and Cammy?) as presenters?

And thanks to kipax.com for organising this for a third year. Well done, mate.

Last edited by MikeA; 18-04-2005 at 07:18.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 19:01   #18

I would have to say Robbie Williams. He has really done well despite taking lots of stick earlier on in the season. I think Mike Flynn alongside him has really helped. For me he has given 100%

Smiffy 16 to present the award. Even though I don't know him, he talks a lot of sense.
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 19:30   #19
Senior Member+

I'll have to go for the same player I voted for 2 years ago and again last year, and that player is Paul Mullin.

As honest as the day is long and always seems proud to pull on the red shirt. It would be nice to show Paul our appreciation of his efforts.

Presenter: Smiffy because, as Kipax said, he's the cream of the young crop and I'd think he'd enjoy making the presentation.
Old 11-04-2005, 19:31   #20

i vote for paul mullin because he works hard at all times plus i feel sorry for him as my mum recons hes crap so if he gets it, its got to be me mum to present it (ill brink her up to present it)
Old 11-04-2005, 19:35   #21
Senior Member+

My vote for this seasons player of the year is to Pete Cavanagh. As has been said, he has led the team by example and cleaned up his act this year. Working with the semi-pro England set up has done him no harm. He has put in some excellent last ditch tackles and assisted the defence whilst working with Flynny. Consummate professional.

My vote for the person to award the trophy - gotta be Kipax - another unsung Stanley hero who never fails to take just the right shot, only its about time he was in shot so to speak

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 21:10   #22

Chris "PSYCHO" Butler

Everything about this guy is promising, he just gets betterevery game, great passion and never stops working. And for his display at Canvey

Presenter: Ah go on then, Smiffy :P

Last edited by Mik Griff; 12-04-2005 at 00:23.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 21:39   #23
Senior Member+

Paul Mullin - He always gives 110% every game. He is the best player iv seen in the lower leagues at holding the ball up, he wins nearly every header, also gets the goals aswell to reward his hard work.
Presenter: Smiffy (and cammy)
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 22:35   #24
Senior Member+

I don't know if its fair to vote as I can only go off the match reports and whats said on the message board as that is my only news media. I will have to go with Evil one as he has cropped up on here nearly every match, when he's not banned, and seems to give his all when he's out there.
As for presenter anyone except a Burnley/Rovers fan.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 23:55   #25
I am Banned

I'm very pleased to vote for Lee McEvilly.

Lee came to us from Rochdale at a time when his Club was being tipped for great things. Despite that , he tried us , liked us , and made every effort to join us . And remember that we were an entire division below his present team , and Lee was (and still is) an ambitious young footballer.
With his immense physical attributes , it's not surprising that the occasional on-pitch conflict occurs. However , Lee has consistently thrilled us with his unique combination of strength , skill , and (this is what I most admire about him) a total refusal to give up.

With Lee McEvilly there are no lost causes , so I ask you to join me in voting for him as www Player of the Year. Call me old-fashioned , but I believe it would be nice to see the Award presented to Lee by a lady (and not one from "Little Britain") , so I nominate Accy Red (Julie) if she would be so gracious.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:38   #26
Junior Member+

My vote has to go for the one and only PAUL MULLIN. Mr Consistency always gives 110%. Even came on against Stalybridge when he was "resting". He ALWAYS acknowledges the supporters.Presentation by Mr "great pics Tony" Kipax
stantrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 07:45   #27
Super Moderator

I'd like to vote for Paul Mullin - a player who plays his heart out for every minute of every match and who converts that effort into tangible results. That's why he's the third highest scorer in the Conference. His talents invariably invite the "attentions" of opposition players, yet he never loses his cool.

As for the presenter, I'd like to nominate Kev. Only joking, I think Smiffy deserves the honour. Although I'm not acquainted with him, his posts often display a wisdom beyond his years. What's more, I think it would be fitting to have the award presented by a fan to a player who both have one thing in common - a 100% positive attitude at all times.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 20:18   #28
Senior Member+

I'm gonna nominate...Rory [big suprise] He had a 3 hour major operation in October and came back fitter and stronger than ever.The majority of this was down to the training work he put in on his own time. Mention has to be made of the number of accurate crosses he makes and the number of assists he lays on;he had the highest number of crosses and assists in the Conference last season and would no doubt have done that again if he had played a full season. He has given his all for the club in the previous 2 seasons and this one has been no different;he is committed,hard working and the BEST winger in the Conference.Also a thoroughly nice bloke with no hang ups and he will talk to/at anybody!

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 13-04-2005 at 08:48.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 20:22   #29
Junior Member+

Mike Flynn has been very dependable and consistant this season and so I think my vot to go to him although Paul Mullin was a very close second for me!
Pride Of Lancashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 21:32   #30

I'm going for Lee McEvily. He gives 110% and there have been games this season when he has been the only reason we have been in the game. His run from the byline to score the first goal against Barnet epitomised everything I admire about him. One of the best players to put on a red shirt.

David Brown to present as I feel our successful end to the season has had a lot to do with his introduction to the side and he may be giving Lee a run for his money in getting my vote this time next year
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..