Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 21:43   #1
God Member

WWW Player of year VOTE- Ends 17th April

The
WORLD WIDE REDS
Player of the Season award 2005

UPDATE: Voting ends on Sunday 17th of April at Midnight. The supporters club social evening on the 30th is now also the presentation evening and we will be presenting ours on that night. In order to get the trophy and have it engraved we need x amount of days.

RULES
You must nominate One player only. (You may change this at any time you want)

You must give a reason why you are nominating the player. If you do not. Or you put a simple (because he is the best) or anything like that and your vote will NOT count. As we did last year and the year before, All the comments will be printed off and given to the player who wins.

You must have registered with this messageboard before the 10th April 2005. Anyone registering after this date will not have the vote counted.

This thread is for WWW player of the year and Presenter nominations only. This award has nothing to do with the club player of the year or the supporters club player of the year . If you wish to talk about these Nominations, Presentation or about the thread itself then please do that in another thread. Remember this is being printed out for the players to read.

DATES
Voting is now open and ends on Sunday the 17th of April at midnight

PRESENTATION
There will be a trophy with the players name as well as the title and date of the award. We need nominations for one of the forum members to make the presentation. If you want to nominate someone then add there name to your vote post. The presentation will be made at the Accrington Stanley FC supporters club presentation night on a date yet to be set at the grounds sports bar.

2004 Winner : Paul Mullin. Presented by AccyMad

2003 Winner jamie Speare : presented by S-S-C and asfc-babe

WWWReds player of the year 2003/2004/2005 sponsored by www.kipax.com

Last edited by KIPAX; 11-04-2005 at 20:41.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2005, 22:01   #2
God Member

Re: WWW Player of the year VOTE

OK then I will be first.. I know the front men get the glory because they score the goals.. But Jamie did win it in it's first year and I voted for him as well.

This year I choose the man that for me is Accy Stanley.. He wasn't brought in to score goals. He was brought in to make them and he does both. Some games he is left on his own up front with no help from anyone....

Player of the year: Paul Mullin

To present it? Has to be an accyweb ASFC forum contributor...hmm we usualy go for the females..... But I am going for one of the few young contributors who has a head on his shoulders...

Presenter: Smiffy16
Old 10-04-2005, 22:26   #3

So I've got no 2 slot eh Kippax.
My choice is for a young improving player who is still working hard at his game, so far has been rewarded with a number of England call ups & was recently quoted as a young player who is most likely to cut it & progress further in his chosen career : Drum roll...............
Andy Procter for his passion & doggedness to put nothing less that 110% plus into every game.

Presenter & dont be modest mate: superb capture of all the games & then some for us all to reflect upon:
Kipax.( I'll step in for one shot you won't be able to take, but then it's back to the pro, ok)
Old 11-04-2005, 06:22   #4
Senior Member+

Chris butler!

Has not had one bad game since joining stanley..He give more than 100% every game..brave lad and an assett to the club..

Presenter: Smiffy...not missed a single game this year and deserves credit 4 it..well done mate
Old 11-04-2005, 08:59   #5
Resting In Peace

Mike Flynn - Consistent and solid performances at the back, and, unfortunately, he has helped to cost me £100 so far in sponsorship of league clean sheets.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:23   #6
God Member

Has to be Chris (PSYCHO) butler

Great signing, has given his all in every game, does well when he gets forward and has showed what he thought of the fans with what he did at the match down at crawley. Well played!!!

Presnter: Smithy16
Old 11-04-2005, 10:24   #7

Mike Flynn has been our rock this year and has taught Rocky a hell of a lot about a thing called defending, as rocky no longer gives me a heart attack every game!
Mike Flynn IS Mr Consistency; with his league pedigree being a vital point in his sublime defensive performances, hell, send him out on his own and we'd win!!

Flynny is a legend
Flynny is a legend
na na na na

Errm I nominate S-S-C to give Flynny the award; too bad no-one has voted for Flickers though eh? hehe

Last edited by woody; 11-04-2005 at 16:26.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:58   #8
God Member

My vote goes to Peter Cavanagh, I think he has been our most consistent player this season (plus he's worked hard on getting his no. of bookings down).
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:58   #9

For me it has to be Paul Mullin

He has worked hard all season and things haven't been too easy for him on the pitch at times against some rough opposition. He's been jumped on, grabbed hold of, pushed and shoved and not once have I seen him lose his temper. Someone who can take that week in week out deserves a trophy. Plus he's scored a lot of goals as well

I would like to nominate Smiffy16 to present it.
AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:15   #10

Paul Mullin for me he works hard for the team often working up front on his own as the target man.Always gives 100% and you can't ask for more than that and his temperment is suberb for someone who comes in for a bit of abuse.

Smiffy16 to present the award, been every game this season and smashing lad (even if he can't score hehehe)

Shurm
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 15:34   #11
Senior Member+

Player of the year: Robbie Williams, a solid season, brilliant tackler and has been consistant all year

Presenter: Cammy

Last edited by Smiffy16; 11-04-2005 at 15:36.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 15:38   #12

I'm going to be first in to vote for evil. Shown his quality this season.
presenter: smiffy
Old 11-04-2005, 16:04   #13

ill vote 4 paul mullin hes played great this season and started most of them if not all of them and scorein loads of goals
presenter:cammy
Old 11-04-2005, 16:38   #14
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: WWW Player of the year VOTE

The one player who has shone for me this year Paul Mullin. Since turning pro he has been a consummate professional, gives 110% and his look on scoring a goal must gladden the heart of the harshest of Stanley critics.

Presenter has got to be Kipax. Unsung hero of the terraces and recorder of Stanleys march onwards
Old 11-04-2005, 17:16   #15
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: WWW Player of the year VOTE

I think I'm going to have to go with Woody on this one, for me it's got to be :-

Mick Flynn

He has given the defence what we have lacked in previous seasons, experience and stability (and he seems to be rubbing off on Rocky as well - thank god!!!) We now play more as a unit at the back and his influence is huge on the rest of the team.

All this from a player who has hacked the sleeves off his own shirt with a pair of scissors!!!! (Scruffy urchin!!!)

P.S. award to be given by smiffy16!!!

Last edited by sparkie; 11-04-2005 at 17:18.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..