Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2014, 20:34   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Wycombe match thread

I wish everybody a happy Xmas and new year and hope to meet up with the usual suspects at the future games.
I have decided not to carry on posting on this forum as I believe it's not football based anymore and there are many hidden agendas.
I will discuss football all day,but some stuff Is not even banter and it's not my cup of tea.
I will sign off with my motto KTF as the team is fighting way above its weight,long may it continue !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2014, 22:52   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I wish everybody a happy Xmas and new year and hope to meet up with the usual suspects at the future games.
I have decided not to carry on posting on this forum as I believe it's not football based anymore and there are many hidden agendas.
I will discuss football all day,but some stuff Is not even banter and it's not my cup of tea.
I will sign off with my motto KTF as the team is fighting way above its weight,long may it continue !!!
And I send my kindest thoughts to you and all you love for this season of goodwill !...and of course for a healthy and successful 2015 !.
Your second paragraph saddens me enormously and I really hope you might consider reversing your decision.
I for one, who knows so little about our game and am not afraid to admit it !, do tend to go on in a cynical fashion along inappropriate pathways for most of the time, hoping that my friends on the Forum will allow and forgive my indulgences.
This I put down to my 'going down slow' in advancing years whilst believing that someone
might still be interested in the rubbish I come up with !.
If my skewed ramblings have contributed to your decision then I can only apologise for this and will try to take a more sensible line in the future. ....

Take care and do have a great Christmas !.......KTF.

AA.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 07:08   #63

I too am very sad about the second line of Football 19's post. I have always enjoyed your insights into the game. We will always have different opinions on what goes on on the pitch and the decisions taken by management but at the end of the day we want to see Stanley succeed. I hope you will reconsider at some point and hope you have a great Christmas topped off with 3 points at York.
AccyMad, baldy, Redraine and 2 others like this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 08:32   #64
Senior Member+

Thank the Lord!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 11:37   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

First wish all the best to you n yours football19, The rest leaves me very disappointed. Football is, and always has been a very emotive sport, on all forums i look at,fans discuss all aspects of their club, which as paying customers i think they are entitled too. Theres quite a few things i disagree with on this forum, and know fer sure quite a few that disagree wi me, so what? they pay there money there entitled to say what they feel.End of the day they are all Stanley fans. K.T.F. No matter who disagrees wi me, I will never run away,also will never really fall out wi any Stanley Fan, Unless of course they snot me.
Old 22-12-2014, 11:47   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Thank the Lord!
That's the spirit ... not
Old 22-12-2014, 12:57   #67

Most important feature on any forum is the Ignore button i.e. if you don't like a posting or a particular poster skip over it/them and just take out the bits that interest you.
smudgie likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 14:05   #68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank the Lord!
...and why is Football 19's departure such a reason for rejoicing? Because he's had the temerity to disagree with your opinions? Your attitude stinks.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 22-12-2014 at 14:07.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 14:38   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Behave mate, you are one of the most sensible and knowledgeable people to post on here.

Do not let other peoples' 'opinions' put you off. After all the one thing you always say to me when we are discussing footy at games is, "it's all about opinions!"

Who is going to talk about 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2?????

All the best and KTF
MikeA, AccyMad, baldy and 5 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 16:18   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and why is Football 19's departure such a reason for rejoicing? Because he's had the temerity to disagree with your opinions? Your attitude stinks.

See if I care about what you think with regards my attitude.

I'll be there come rain or shine on the Clayton end and away games for many years to come like it or not, supporting my team.

What I wont be doing is actively going out of my way to disagree with EVERYTHING you post on here, which is what he has done for the last 3 years.

Roll on York away.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 16:26   #71

Aw, Football 19 ! As far as I know we have not met unless chatted anonymously at a ground down south, but I do recognise that you have experience and an opinion to be valued. Sure, there is a percentage of posts on here that are, shall we say, a bit 'young'. The serial offenders' posts I just bypass without taking notice and have to say that I also would count it a loss not to have your reflections to look forward to after each match. The happiest of Christmas celebrations to you and yours - but please reconsider denying the majority the pleasure of your posts.
Chimer and Red-Osbornello like this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 18:38   #72
Senior Member+

Please do reconsider Football19. All we have to do is just ignore the less intelligent stuff posted. You have too much to offer and to deny the rest of us your opinions and ideas would be a big loss and a sad loss too....
Please reconsider.
DAV007 likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 19:03   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Please do reconsider Football19. All we have to do is just ignore the less intelligent stuff posted. You have too much to offer and to deny the rest of us your opinions and ideas would be a big loss and a sad loss too....
Please reconsider.
Good grief, Bob. I would be very happy to have him back with his input to the forum, but surely we shouldn't need to grovel!
smudgie and cashman like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 21:28   #74
Super Moderator

Quote:
See if I care about what you think with regards my attitude.

I'll be there come rain or shine on the Clayton end and away games for many years to come like it or not, supporting my team.

What I wont be doing is actively going out of my way to disagree with EVERYTHING you post on here, which is what he has done for the last 3 years.

Roll on York away.
You hugely overestimate your own importance. You really think Football19 has been tracking your posts in order to deliberately disagree with you? It seems to me that he's just been coming on here and expressing his opinion which, whether or not I've agreed with him, I've often found interesting. Still, he hasn't been supporting Stanley as long as you (and as you say he'd do well to remember that), so I suppose his opinions aren't as valid.
Red-Osbornello, DAV007 and yonmon like this.
Old 23-12-2014, 11:42   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You hugely overestimate your own importance. You really think Football19 has been tracking your posts in order to deliberately disagree with you? It seems to me that he's just been coming on here and expressing his opinion which, whether or not I've agreed with him, I've often found interesting. Still, he hasn't been supporting Stanley as long as you (and as you say he'd do well to remember that), so I suppose his opinions aren't as valid.
Well I have not as long as you, so.....
Wynonie Harris likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..