Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Photos (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/)
-   -   Photo Competition 1 (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f97/photo-competition-1-a-20242.html)

shillelagh 21-03-2006 00:36

Re: Photo Competition 1

Entwisi why didnt you take your camera with you tonite? Red balls arent there when you playing pool?

K.S.H 21-03-2006 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
I don’t know if it’s me KSH but I get the impression that one or two are not following the rules of the comp. Hmm

You are, at the moment only allowed to have two entries per competition and the images are meant to be of your own work, not copied from someone else, we can all do that. :(

You have the powers that be Len, if theres ant that are obviously copied delete them, yeah it is 2 per person at the min, as mentioned before we could change this, just testing with the 1st month to see what happens. PM sent to the person who has uploaded 4

Mick 21-03-2006 06:54

AS len is not around i have deleted the pics from the comp that were copys and not there own work. hope you dont mind len

K.S.H 21-03-2006 07:00

Thanks, the only sure way is to get people to upload the image with the exif info but this would stop people entering who use scanned images or digital images from phones. plus people could take a photo of a photo to get the exif info so a bit pointless really

harwood red 23-03-2006 22:46

just bringing this back to the top of new posts/todays posts as the voting seems to have gone very very quiet :cool:

garinda 23-03-2006 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red
just bringing this back to the top of new posts/todays posts as the voting seems to have gone very very quiet :cool:

Now you've entered my lips, so to speak, I'm sure there'll be a voting frenzy.:eek:

junetta 23-03-2006 23:23

Well, I think I've made my decision, but, I thought I would hold on until the last pics are in. Happen, everyone else is doing the same thing.

garinda 23-03-2006 23:27

Yeah I am too.

I did get carried away and cast my vote, but it seemed a bit premature as there are some more entries now.

Len 23-03-2006 23:45

Sadly I’ve been very busy having to do other things the last few days. My pc has not been well.
As for uploading copies into the comp, it’s a bit difficult to tell whose cheating or not, even now there are one or two suspects. hehe.

I suppose it might be an idea if everyone also submitted a title and a brief description about their photos, things like when and where etc. other wise their images may be made void or even deleted.
Adding a description can be done while uploading I think or by editing the image after uploading.

we don’t really want to start deleting images from the albums as it may offended especially if we had got it wrong, apart from the obvious ones of coarse and it could deter folk from entering again.

What say?

garinda 23-03-2006 23:51

I didn't cheat:)

Mine are scanned after rooting under the spare bed, lol.

harwood red 23-03-2006 23:55

and you def know mine isn't a cheat!!!!!!!

junetta 24-03-2006 00:15

Best I put a description here then as I'll really be thrown by trying to edit. Image caught on Saturday afternoon in my apartment by my really ancient Sony Digital Camera. It took around twenty shots trying to get the lighting right and at the end of the day I had two to choose from.

Hope I got it right.

June x

MUMMIBOO 24-03-2006 09:38

ive not cheated!! in fact i think mine are still on the camera!! and you can see the date i took them. lol

Len 24-03-2006 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta
Best I put a description here then as I'll really be thrown by trying to edit. Image caught on Saturday afternoon in my apartment by my really ancient Sony Digital Camera. It took around twenty shots trying to get the lighting right and at the end of the day I had two to choose from.

Hope I got it right.

June x

I’ve added it for you. Hehe
Just click the “edit photo” link under your photo, you can add a description or a title to that image and then just save changes, its easy really, have a look and give it a try.

Its funny...... you’ve only to suggest that there may be one or two suspected cheats and everyone goes on the defensive, just imagine if we were to have deleted them, oh golly.
:D

John_Timmins 24-03-2006 16:12

ive nopt cheated i took both pics myself and before anyone asks they are not kipax's so there!

;)