Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 22:36   #31

Re: Why this Persecution of Christian England?

Fact of life Bob-erode & devalue family life & society breaks down. Thriving countries are the ones that have families that stick together. Maybe the asians have something in their favour after all? United we stand, divided we fall-says it all.
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2005, 23:01   #32

"our beliefs and traditions are being eroded away leaving a gaping hole that will eventually be filled by external influences"...Adolf Hitler ..Mein Kampf ?... No its Busman Accyweb 2005 !
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 23:31   #33

How clever of you to partially quote something out of context in order to twist the meaning. Are you a politician by any chance?
Old 10-05-2005, 23:57   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
How clever of you to partially quote something out of context in order to twist the meaning. Are you a politician by any chance?
Nope just a normal bloke.. we aint a thick as you tories take us for
Old 11-05-2005, 00:02   #35

Now why assume that I am a supporter of the Conservative party?
Old 11-05-2005, 00:06   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Smile Re: Why this Persecution of Christian England?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
Now why assume that I am a supporter of the Conservative party?
maybe he thinks that cos your invisible lol
Old 11-05-2005, 00:11   #37

GOBSMACKED I think you are Tory becuase you have no other option

Last edited by Driller; 11-05-2005 at 00:13.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:15   #38
Give, give, give member

OWWWWWWW

A bi-tch slap festival, and l missed it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:21   #39

I find it rather interesting that someone reports that AccyWeb members have been accused of being Nazi and then out of the blue a new member arrives and neatly misquotes one of the members in order to liken him to Adolf Hitler.

Might I ask what the hell is wrong with wanting to retain English/British cultural heritage? Immigrants to this country are encouraged and assisted in maintaining their culture but when the indigenous population even hints at a desire to do the same we suddenly become racist bigots.

Don't worry Garinda. You didn't miss much. I still owe you that pint (or was it you owe me?)
Old 11-05-2005, 13:28   #40
Resting in peace

Hear, hear, Gobsmacked. Anyway, what has a person's politics to do with whether they want to preserve our cultural heritage? Is Driller saying that only Tories care about what's happening to this country? - he/she could just be right there.

I am not a fan of organised religion, I think it has probably killed more people throughout history than disease ever did, and it continues to kill people today - look at Iraq. I will, however, defend to the death anyone's right to practise whatever they believe in, just so long as they do not insist that I also believe it.

When my son was at school, by the age of 9 he could recite all the major feast days of Islam, knew all about Ramadan and Eid, also well up in Rastafarianism - but couldn't recite the Lord's Prayer. This at a local State school. So yes, there is erosion. The only answer is for those who believe to fight back. If the State doesn't teach Christianity, teach your children yourself if you are a believer. Support any local Christian initiatives if the State won't. I'll happily send a tenner to the Barnabas home, even though I'm a non-believer, because they obviously do good work. Anyone got the address?
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 21:09   #41

(Pendy-quote)"I am not a fan of organised religion, I think it has probably killed more people throughout history than disease ever did, and it continues to kill people today - look at Iraq. I will, however, defend to the death anyone's right to practise whatever they believe in, just so long as they do not insist that I also believe it."

You hit the nail on the head with the comment "organised religion". All organised religions, not just Christian, who have mingled with the political society have blood on their hands. True Christian values are based on common sense, from the Ten commandments condensed down to two simple statements, Love your neighbour & love God. These simple comments run throughout the main guidebook for all religion, the Bible, the oldest book in the world but the most up to date for life values. While its writings have not been corrupted, it's values have been by taking parts out of context & twisting them to suit. This is where organised religion has been caught out. If you want to find out what is real or false go back to the beggining & check word for word. Just as if you want to know how to get the best out of a washing machine, you use the makers manual. So simple but so neglected. For the sake of a little time you don't need to be preached to by religious fanatics, bigots or otherwise, just exercise your own grey cells & make your own mind up as to what is right or wrong. Common sense may then prevail. Maybe this is the reason England is no longer a Christian society & why people decry it- because it has been found wanting & corrupt like the politcal society it has dared to dally with.
By the way I am neither a baggie or a nazi, just a mortal who has taken some time out to look at the greater picture, like anyone can.

Last edited by big al; 11-05-2005 at 22:10.
big al is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..