Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2005, 18:04   #1
Senior Member+

Talking Accrington Observer ...Page 15.

Can somebody please explain to me what this means ... Its in the Womens Day Set To Be Marked ...

"A performance of the Vagina Monologues on International Womens Day on 8 March"

Sounds very saucy to me

p.s. my party is rocking...hehehe
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2005, 18:20   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Accrington Observer ...Page 15.

The Vagina Monologues (by Eve Ensler) is a book which became plays and is about female sexuality. I believe it was originally based on interviews with women about their own experiences of sexuality.

An appropriate event to mark Women's Day.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 18:49   #3
Senior Member+

Thanks for that ... maybe i should go to that and talk about my experiences as well .... hehehehe
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 18:49   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie
An appropriate event to mark Women's Day.
Only if your a woman, might it not just be that you women are so selfishly keeping the 'female mystery' that us blokes have no chanch to catch up?

Instead of complaining amongst yourselves that us men can't find
"the 'G' spot" , why not get the damn thing illuminated with L.E.D'S or spotlights? Give us some sort of clue, usually we are down there looking but:-

1/ Your bodies naturally hide these things!

and

B/ the duvet cuts out all the light!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 18:57   #5
I am Banned

here you go less try this

and if you still have no joy use one of these , it should hit the spot your looking for

Last edited by chav1; 21-10-2005 at 19:00.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 18:58   #6
God Member

Supposed to be a good play that!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 22:38   #7
Senior Member+

A one women play
http://www.randomhouse.com/features/ensler/vm/book.html

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 22:54   #8
God Member

It is a good play and it's not 'saucy'. It's more about relationships than anything else. We put it on last March and it's back by popular demand. Seriously, it's worth a night out.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2005, 23:08   #9
Give, give, give member

I saw Jerry Hall in the play in the West End, it is a very good play, and well worth seeing.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 09:48   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
It is a good play and it's not 'saucy'. It's more about relationships than anything else. We put it on last March and it's back by popular demand. Seriously, it's worth a night out.
There you go you see Gayle not much of a sales pitch that, 'It's not saucy', to get more blokes going to see it what you need to do is imply that it is 'saucy', hint about what he would miss if he didn't get a seat near the front.

Charge four times the normal rate for any seat in the front three rows, then, when he goes through the usher can check his ticket greet him with a knowing smile and say, "Welcome Sir, now if you will just leave your mac with the cloakroom attendant I will direct you to your seat".
Once the show starts he won't move from his seat and would never demand his money back for fear of embarrassment!

Not only would the show make a profit but at the same time you have struck a blow for all the women of the world!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 14:36   #11
God Member

You're right Less, and me a marketing expert missing an opportunity like that! lol

Old 22-10-2005, 17:10   #12
I am Banned

i heard the grand finali was a stripteese ...
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:10   #13
Beacon of light

Even though I was the Sister on the Gynae Ward..... the very title makes me cringe. I think I am far too much of a prude to enjoy it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 21:18   #14
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Even though I was the Sister on the Gynae Ward..... the very title makes me cringe. I think I am far too much of a prude to enjoy it.
Get off; I don’t believe you Mrs Pilkington. I bet you’ll be rolling about the isle after 10 minutes of the curtain going up……………having said that I’ve never see it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2005, 09:59   #15
God Member

The title is purely for shock value... and it clearly works! The first time I read it I was unsure myself but then I read it out loud and it becomes really funny! Yes, it's about a subject matter that most people don't want to talk about - I mean relationships - but it deals with them in a really funny way.

Also, by putting on the play we contribute to the world wide campaign to stop violence against women. Across the world around 3,000 groups will be performing the play at during International Women's Week next year. All these groups will be either local amateur groups like us or college groups. Eve Ensler, the author, allows these groups to perform without paying performing rights for one or two nights to raise awareness for her campaign and to raise funds for local women's domestic violence services (we gave the proceeds of last year to the domestic violence team at the Women's Centre in Accrington).

Take a look at the website to find out more

http://www.vday.org/main.html

Obviously, I can't convince anyone to come who is nervous about the title or who is worried about the subject matter but please take a look at the website and find out a little more about the good work that this organisation does across the world.

We feel like we're contributing to something really big.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..