Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2005, 17:04   #16
Resting in peace

Re: Women blamed ....for rape

Let's get one thing clear. RAPE IS NOT A SEX CRIME. IT IS A CRIME OF VIOLENCE.

It has little or nothing to do with sex. It has everything to do with some inadequate pervert imposing his will on another human being. It is the element of force which turns on the rapist - the majority of those convicted of raping a stranger or virtual stranger cannot function without the element of force. Therefore what a woman wears or doesn't wear has virtually nothing to do with the act. Being drunk renders a woman more vulnerable, obviously, since she is less able to avoid/fight back when something happens.

I do believe that there is a point beyond which a woman should NOT say no in an amorous situation. You cannot lead a man on and then expect him to stop abruptly, although apparently most men are decent enough to do so. That is an entirely different scenario.

Rape is an appalling crime, in 99.99% of cases committed by men against women. Perhaps those men who think that women ask for it by the way they dress should ask themselves how they would feel if their tight trousers turned on some guy to the extent that he felt compelled to rape them? Works both ways, chaps.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2005, 17:08   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
How often are those that cry wolf have their names protected?
The victims that don't report the crime by far outweigh those that cry wolf!
Old 22-11-2005, 17:11   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Let's get one thing clear. RAPE IS NOT A SEX CRIME. IT IS A CRIME OF VIOLENCE.

It has little or nothing to do with sex. It has everything to do with some inadequate pervert imposing his will on another human being. It is the element of force which turns on the rapist - the majority of those convicted of raping a stranger or virtual stranger cannot function without the element of force. Therefore what a woman wears or doesn't wear has virtually nothing to do with the act. Being drunk renders a woman more vulnerable, obviously, since she is less able to avoid/fight back when something happens.

I do believe that there is a point beyond which a woman should NOT say no in an amorous situation. You cannot lead a man on and then expect him to stop abruptly, although apparently most men are decent enough to do so. That is an entirely different scenario.

Rape is an appalling crime, in 99.99% of cases committed by men against women. Perhaps those men who think that women ask for it by the way they dress should ask themselves how they would feel if their tight trousers turned on some guy to the extent that he felt compelled to rape them? Works both ways, chaps.
Its a power thing men over women. Yes it is a violent crime. Yes most men will say no. And yes those guys in tight jeans wouldnt be happy. Unfortunately we live in an era when the law is weak and do gooders rule the roost so at present their is no deterrent for this hainus act.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 17:44   #19
God Member

I think the problem is that rape is usually an act with only two people involved - because of that there are two sides to the story and because of that in some instances it is impossible to decide who is telling the truth.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 20:30   #20
Senior Member+

Hang on a minute chaps. The quote at the top says

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
more women (5%) than men (3%) thought a woman was "totally responsible" for being raped if she was intoxicated.
This means that 5% of women and 3% of men are sick in the head, and 95% of women and 97% of men didn't think a woman was "totally responsible" for being raped if she was intoxicated.

I always take reports like this with a pinch of salt - you have to read between the lines a lot of the time, and it is 'disturbing findings' that make the news, and the numbers are fiddled to try and highlight this fact.

That said, there is still no excuse for it. If a man rapes a woman, he should be castrated. He wouldn't do it again, and it would act as a deterrent for those who might think about it

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 20:32   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
Hang on a minute chaps. The quote at the top says

This means that 5% of women and 3% of men are sick in the head, and 95% of women and 97% of men didn't think a woman was "totally responsible" for being raped if she was intoxicated.

I always take reports like this with a pinch of salt - you have to read between the lines a lot of the time, and it is 'disturbing findings' that make the news, and the numbers are fiddled to try and highlight this fact.

That said, there is still no excuse for it. If a man rapes a woman, he should be castrated. He wouldn't do it again, and it would act as a deterrent for those who might think about it
Without an anesthetic I take it?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-11-2005, 20:34   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Without an anesthetic I take it?
Of course no anesthetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 20:36   #23
Senior Member+

No - give them a local, then make them watch while their bits are cut off. If they are in pain they will be writhing around with their eyes shut.

Make them watch

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 20:49   #24
I am Banned

then make them eat them
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 20:59   #25
God Member

awww thats sooo evil! ..... It would only be fair to barbeque their bits on a naked flame before removing them, to make it easier to swallow
Old 22-11-2005, 21:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
awww thats sooo evil! ..... It would only be fair to barbeque their bits on a naked flame before removing them, to make it easier to swallow
With or without sauce?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-11-2005, 21:20   #27
God Member

Quote:
With or without sauce?
Oh I can't see why they couldn't have tabasco sauce poured all over the fresh burns
Old 22-11-2005, 22:34   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
If a man rapes a woman, he should be castrated. He wouldn't do it again, and it would act as a deterrent for those who might think about it
Sadly as other people have pointed out, rape is primarily about power rather than sex. Chemically castrated rapists have gone on to reoffend, with objects replacing their sad little dicks.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2005, 22:37   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Oh I can't see why they couldn't have tabasco sauce poured all over the fresh burns
Sadistic but a good idea.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-11-2005, 23:07   #30
Member.

I past comment in A-Bs thread that I felt that in the case of murder the choice of “Twelve Good Men” may be an ideal that has past into history, as with the case for the death sentence I feel that a panel of Judges might be more appropriate for the consideration and sentencing of Rape cases. A profession jury is less likely to react emotively and act appropriately in the interest of the public. I do believe that Rape cases should be conducted in a manner where the perpetrator and victim should be given anonymity until all the evidence is available and the investigation is complete. I believe that to give a man’s or woman’s name to the public prior to a conviction being made is in itself a crime.

A man or woman falsely accused face a life of ruin irrespective of the eventual outcome, by the same token any male or female falsely accusing another person of rape should know that they will face prosecution and a custodial sentence for there maliciousness. Although I think it’s wrong to blame a victim for the actions of another I do believe that when an individual is shown to have actively encouraged the sexual attentions of another that they must face their responsibility for their own actions and this should be taken into consideration when sentencing the perpetrator.

In regard to the dressing provocatively and the rest of it, well I think that as gone on since we wore animal skins, that said we should all take appropriate action to insure our own welfare and safety when we are going out, either alone or with friends.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..