Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 09:41   #16
I am Banned

Re: I almost daren't post this...

ime a bit reluctant to complain about the Panopticon project because unless somone else posts the word Panopticon so that i can copy and paste it i have no idea how to spell it lol

it makes me wonder if the name Panopticon was deliberatly used as people have a hell of a time spelling it so cant complain about it lol

ps:

we wont give you a hard time gayle we know your on a diet and we dont want to drive you to comfort eating and sitting down with a big tub of hargendas icecream

Last edited by chav1; 04-01-2006 at 09:44.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2006, 17:10   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
I debated long and hard with myself about whether I should post this or not but I decided that, in the interests of openness, you should see it.

There is a new updated version of the Panopticon website online. Don't worry, there's nothing much about Hyndburn because there's still nothing much to say, but I thought you might be interested in the over all picture.

www.panopticons.uk.net
Carry on Gayle you fight that Britcliffe about the panopticon, Hyndburn needs things like the saucers and I know you are well in favour, keep up the good work
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 23:39   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
One wonders what part of "No" the Steering Group have difficulty with.

Though on the positive side, it is heartening to read that the Steering Group appear to be giving up on the idea of desecrating the Coppice
would argue a-b that the coppice was desecrated many years ago= when they planted those trees, i must be mellowing though gayle don't think the rossendale panopticans that gross!(and i ain't been drinking)lol happy new year.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:15   #19
God Member

Maybe I should have written "...desecrating the Coppice any further"
Old 05-01-2006, 08:25   #20

The new website is a vast improvement Gayle. It also gives Hyndburn Council's site a run for its money. That site has been 'in development' for years now!
dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:06   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Incidentally, Gayle, are the minutes of the meetings of the Steering Group open to public inspection? And if they are, where might one obtain copies? But If they are not, why not?
Yes, the Freedom of Information Act ensures that all documents are available to the public. All you have to do is contact Hyndburn Borough Council's Freedom of Information Officer and they will furnish you with them. You have to go through HBC as they are the lead partner in this.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:21   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon
The new website is a vast improvement Gayle. It also gives Hyndburn Council's site a run for its money. That site has been 'in development' for years now!
They are too busy doing "other things" other than the site.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 00:31   #23

Thanks Gaylee for the link. I have seen a lot of references to a panopticon on these pages but never really understood what anyone was talking about. Perhaps you would all like a bit of a laugh with this picture of a sculpture. It has been placed on the footpath of the main st. in my local town of Childers after an extensive street beautifying scheme. Not exactly a Panopticon but an item that cost the local council AUS$58.000. If anyone can tell me what it is supposed to represent I will give you half of my ackers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upmonster.jpg (72.5 KB, 21 views)
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:43   #24
God Member

Thats an easy one, Terry. It is abo art & it represents a person riding a roo.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30   #25

Actually no Tealeaf. I first heard what it was supposed to be before I saw it in an article in the local paper. I never thought of anything Abo or animal, but I like the guess. When I first saw it my reaction was" you've gotta be joking" I personally would have never guessed.

Last edited by Terry; 12-01-2006 at 11:33. Reason: really bad spelling
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34   #26
God Member

I never did rate that aboriginal art, Terry.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 20:33   #27
Resident Waffler

I can hardly contain my curiosity but me and Busman think it looks rude.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2006, 01:08   #28

Hi Willow. Most of the locals have described it as 'the local mayor doing a big dump'However I'll let you know what it is because I have diverged from the main thrust of this post and I must apologise to Gayle for that. It's supposed to represent a volcano?????
Old 13-01-2006, 06:54   #29
Resident Waffler

They must have some funny volcanoes round your way Terry.

You know I'd almost prefer that on the top of the Coppice than "High Form" or whatever it was called.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 00:08   #30
God Member

Quote:
designed to create distinctive environmental improvements to help develop an identity for the East Lancashire Regional Park and to involve local communities in the regeneration process.
How exactly are these icons going to do that? I don't get it, how are they imroving and how are they regenerating
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..