Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2006, 12:18   #1
white rabbits

Balsamic Vinigar

There was a thread somewhere on here ,not long ago about balsamic vinigar... i cant find it now.....
anyway this morning i bought three bottles from lldles because they were only 64p each,one aceto,one bianco, and one rosso...now which one do i use for what????I love chips so which one for those..
everyone kept saying how good balsamic is
ANY IDEAS OR RECIPES
Old 18-07-2006, 12:34   #2
God Member

Re: Balsamic Vinigar

Try slicing some tomatoes and marinating them in a small amount of dark balsamic and a dusting of fresh ground black pepper for a couple of hours(or longer!), delicious.

I like balsamic just sprinkled over a mixed salad witha bit of good quality extra virgin olive oil.

Tuna fish (proper steak, not tinned) seared witha splash of balsamic and lea and Perrins

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 13:00   #3

mmmm ooh i love red onion caramalised in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar.....im salivating at the thought....
Old 18-07-2006, 16:36   #4

for chips I recommend aceto it will be sharper, and save me some, I can smell them now mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............
Old 18-07-2006, 18:06   #5
white rabbits

i have just had some red onions like shiney gem recomended they were lovely,,tomorrow i think i will try entwisi,s tomatoes,,,
Old 18-07-2006, 19:43   #6
God Member

I also like a dish of balsamic vinegar next to a dish of really good virgin olive oil. Get some fabulously crusty, tasty bread, then break bits off the bread and dip them in the vinegar and oil - oh, yum, yum.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2006, 22:39   #7
white rabbits

Thanks Gayle i will...........sounds nice
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42   #8
white rabbits

Anybody got any more ideas.?...and please can Shiney Gem put down the caramalised onion recipe again i have forgotton it...
Old 08-11-2007, 12:14   #9

ive never had balsamic vinegar but i might try something youve recommeneded the tomatoes sound good
Old 08-11-2007, 13:04   #10
God Member

I know gourmets rave about it but I can't use vinegar of any sort (except for household cleaning)
I have acid reflux due to a hiatus hernia at the entrance to my stomach
I can't eat citrus fruits either, - even need antacid pills after rosehip tea

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 14:23   #11
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I know gourmets rave about it but I can't use vinegar of any sort (except for household cleaning)
I have acid reflux due to a hiatus hernia at the entrance to my stomach
I can't eat citrus fruits either, - even need antacid pills after rosehip tea
ooh sounds painful margaret...yep vinigar is great for cleaning all sorts of things...
Old 08-11-2007, 15:10   #12
God Member

Is vinegar good for you? I dont know where it stands in nutritional values and all that stuff, and I never use it on chips or anything. I like pickled cauliflour though, is that the same type of vinegar? How long does it take to pickle cauliflour?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 16:18   #13

When you're roasting vegetables, just drizzle some over them before they go in the oven for added flavour.
Try dipping some strawberries in balsamic vinegar then in a bit of icing sugar - bliss!
nikkival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 17:22   #14
Resting in peace

When you develope Peptic Ulcers, you know what to blame it on Acetic Acid. Any vinegar in large doses eg; on fish and chips, purely to dilute the fat, then it becomes the 'taste 'they are not the same without it'. Next time try them without 'salt and vinegar', you may be plesantly supprised
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 17:25   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
When you develope Peptic Ulcers, you know what to blame it on Acetic Acid. Any vinegar in large doses eg; on fish and chips, purely to dilute the fat, then it becomes the 'taste 'they are not the same without it'. Next time try them without 'salt and vinegar', you may be plesantly supprised
I dont put either on my food, especially not at the chippy. It makes me sick how u say 'just a little bit' and they put loads on. Its revolting!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..