Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2007, 23:00   #31

Re: Daft I Call It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Aye Mickmc, that's why it's so daft. I'm always getting told to put it back on by the family. Which I do. Not really sure why I feel that I've got to get it off before reaching my destination. Daft I tell you, completely daft!
Yes my dear husband it is daft as you call it so please just stop doing it.

Love,

Cindy Rose
Cinnyose is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2007, 06:38   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Speaking of which I did try to drive away today in my automatic using both feet .. yep, you got it, wondered why it wouldn't move .. left foot on the brake of course
I drive mine with both feet pretty much all the time. Left foot for braking, right for accelerating. Never a problem to me. Mind you, I learnt how to left foot brake whislt driving manual cars when I did some rallying years ago(You need to do it to keep teh power on and just use the left foot to scrub enough speed off to get it round the corners)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 13:00   #33
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Daft I Call It!

No doubt that this will give some people some ammunition to confirm their mistaken belief that I am old fool, a stupid old goat, lacking in mental faculties or some other derogatory remark but I asked the question in the first place. I did so to try and make people aware that we all make silly mistakes not just the once but the same silly mistake many times. However, if we are aware of it we can take corrective action if we choose to.

Returning home from the Post Office, after collecting what our government laughingly calls a pension, the milk was brought indoors and replaced with empties, the coat was hung up, the shoes were exchanged for slippers, the milk was poured into a saucepan to heat up for my morning coffee whilst the breakfast things were washed, dried and put away.

I prepared my mug to receive the hot milk and a split second before pouring it I became aware that the mug contained not only the sugar and coffee but also a tea bag and managed to stop myself from pouring the milk. I have absolutely no recollection of putting the tea bag into the mug but I am aware of spooning in the sugar and coffee. I don’t believe in mischievous fairies, poltergeists and other sundry non-earthly creatures. So I must have done it myself not only today but also once a few weeks ago.

I’m not sure what teaffee would taste like but I do know that tea and cocoa isn’t all that bad.
Old 29-01-2007, 17:17   #34
Resting in Peace

There, there Jambutty, it's Ok ... today, I sprinkled pepper into my glass of water instead of cup a soup, and this morning Sweetex tablets onto my bowl of cereal. Thought you might feel better if you realised that you are not the only one that is a 'doddering old fool' .... x
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 17:31   #35
Apprentice Geriatric

Why thank you katex!

I AM NOT ALONE!!!
Old 29-01-2007, 17:35   #36
Yank in King Art's Court!

Nope, you're not alone jambutty. I more often then I'd care to admit poor my lunchtime coffee in the same mug I had my morning tea in. Actually adds an interesting flavor to it but would have to mark it up to a bit of daftness. Though not too serious.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 17:39   #37
Resting in Peace

See Jambutty, and Lyy just a young sprogg yet ..
Old 29-01-2007, 17:55   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
See Jambutty, and Lyy just a young sprogg yet ..
Now kate, I may be "young" in your eyes but I can be as daft as any of the more elderly generation. I believe my brain acts about 70 years old as does my deteriorating body's joint system

Very odd cause many folks think I look, and certainly act, more like 25 - 35. All a case of misdirection I suppose!

Brian

Sorry for the thread wander, carry on mates!

Old 29-01-2007, 18:06   #39
Apprentice Geriatric

Question Re: Daft I Call It!

I was going to post something but I’ve forgotten what I was going to say.

I’ve just caught a glimpse of me in the mirror and the thought flashed through my mind, “Who’s that?”

I think that it is time that I went to er… now where was I going to go?
Old 29-01-2007, 18:10   #40

Very good jambutty . . . it was jambutty who made that funny comment right Brian . . . who are you calling Brian . . .

Old 29-01-2007, 18:14   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I put things in safe places but then I can't remember where the safe place is.
Thats probably why its safe, you can't get your paws on it!
Old 29-01-2007, 18:21   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Now kate, I may be "young" in your eyes but I can be as daft as any of the more elderly generation. I believe my brain acts about 70 years old as does my deteriorating body's joint system

Very odd cause many folks think I look, and certainly act, more like 25 - 35. All a case of misdirection I suppose!

Brian

Actually, Brian .. I believe we do all these 'daft' things when we are young, just that we get more hung up on it when we get older, blaming it on age!!

You know, the common problem of going upstairs and wondering why you did it in the first place. Did that in my teens, but just laughed it off ... but now, wonder if senile dementia is setting in.(wouldn't be compos mentis to worry anyway if it were .. so not that ). Hope I am making sense. Think it is that your thoughts go elsewhere as you are climbing the dancers and that's why you drift.

That's my analysis anyway, and I am sticking to it.

P.S. Cod liver oil tablets good for those joints.
Old 29-01-2007, 21:22   #43
God Member

I need to shut my eyes whilst I'm on the phone or I get distracted easily and forget what I'm saying!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 21:49   #44
Resident Waffler

If I forget why I went into a room I find it helps to go back to the room I was in before I headed off somewhere else and sometimes it comes back to me.

The other night I was telling Busman something before we went to sleep and I demonstated the size and shape with my hands and he burst out laughing - we were in the pitch dark at the time and all he knew was that I was flapping my arms about but of course he couldn't see any of it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 22:01   #45
Apprentice Geriatric

The problem is that if you return to the room that you left to try and remember why you left it and where for and then you forget why you went back to that room life could get rather complicated. Now my brain hurts!

A lot of people talk with their hands when they are on the phone.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..